Intimidation

Started by ns9559, December 30, 2014, 02:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ns9559

What if after so many defeats at the hands of your colony hostile factions would become intimidated, or discouraged by their losses. After your colonies intimidation factor gets high enough it enemy colonies would hesitate for awhile before attempting another attack. Your intimidation factor would decay over time but might buy your colony enough time to recover between attacks. There might be a way to extend or to artificially inflate your intimidation factor, say by hanging corpses near the edge of the map or by keeping prisoners hostage. To increase your intimidation factor you could hold on to prisoners, beat them for a while, and then release them so they can tell stories of how horrible you are (hopefully) scaring others into not coming after you. Or you could go onto the comms consul and spread rumors about how formidable your defences are, or what you do with your dead foes. Of course you would risk damaging relations with the friendly colonies, and your colonists will not be all that happy about hanging corpses and beating defenceless prisoners.

Oxidus

I think it already is in the game.You know i give some story just for imagination.You have 6 Colonists and 5 Tribals with primitive weapons attack you.You of course who already has guns just massacre them.And when number of losses are bigger than survivors they start to flee.Its kinda annoying since they have good gear and are hard to catch.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Kinakin

Afaik raiders suffer the same mood modifiers as regular pawns. So putting corpses around common siege locations or along their approches can break them as is.

But honestly I dont see this making it as a implemented idea.  Seems like to much work for a very narrow mechanic.

However by playing with already implemented mechanics maybe structures with negative mood modifiers could be added or modded in.