[MOD] (Alpha 8) Wizardry Mod (0.1.5)

Started by Omega12, January 01, 2015, 11:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega12

Desc:
The Wizardry Mod is a mod that I hope gives RimWorld a bit of a magic feel. At the moment, it adds in 2 wands. Those are the Fire Wand that ignites the target on fire, when hit, and the Lightning Wand. The Wizardry Mod also adds Goblin Pants that increases your speed.

A new Item I have added is the Wizard Hat. It is pretty common so you may even spawn in with it.

A new Trait! Its called the Wizard trait. It helps with shooting and accuracy, increases Global Work Speed and decreases Mental Break Threshold.

As of now, you can craft the Goblin Pants, and the Wizard Hat.

Wizard Robes! It makes your colonists look super Wizard-ish. I think they look really cute with a Wand, Wizard Robe, and Wizard Hat.

Craft the Wands!

HELP PLEASE

If there is anybody who can mod or texture that wants to help, just say so and I can give you some options. Just post on this thread or PM me.

Upcoming Features

Eventually, potions.(making this was a lot harder than I thought...)
And whatever else you guys might request. Please throw give the mod a try, throw in some feedback, and suggest what you think would be cool to see.
Healing Wand(attempting)
Different colored Mage hats
Sigils
Runes
Alchemy

Pics

ChangeLog

v0.1.1
Fire Wand
Lightning Wand

v0.1.2
New Trader
Goblin Pants

v0.1.3
New Trait
Added More Crafting Recipes

v0.1.4
Wizard Robes

v0.1.5
Now Wands are Craftable!

Download:
Wizardy

SabakuOokami

Screenshots always help. A lot of people like to see what they're going to download and play with instead of going in blind.

Magic and rimworld... it's an interesting combo. Sadly, fantasy mods aren't many for this game. I'm curious to how this will go.

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Omega12

Lol If anyone does have a suggestion, please, let me know :D

-Edit-

I know, really noobish of me, but how do I post a pic?

Shinzy

Quote from: Omega12 on January 02, 2015, 02:30:16 PM
Lol If anyone does have a suggestion, please, let me know :D

-Edit-

I know, really noobish of me, but how do I post a pic?
You can use any image sharing site like Imgur for instance (other image sharing sites are available! but you don't have to log in on Imgur so I'm using that myself! ;D)
upload image -> copy the url of the image and then paste it between the tags you get from pushing this button on the top left corner of your post while you're typing it

Also! I request Black- White- and Red Mage hats from ff1!

HBKRKO619

I think about a pretty crazy suggestion, no idea if it's possible but let's go ^^

The possibility to heal from a wand. The "wizard" equip with this wand will not be able to shoot (so to inflict dammage) but will heal the warriors in the front line. (2 or 3 range so the heal mage will need to take risk for the balance side). Like this, the guys who have the trait where they are against violence will be "usefull" in fight.

From the balance side to, I suggest it heal exactly the same way as the medical bed so, like this, no cheat about using the heal power instead of medical bed, it will just be usefull during the battle to maybe save your warrior from 1 or 2 bullets who will maybe save his life.

I know, it seem a little complicated for a very little use but that was my crazy suggestion xD

P.S. : I hope I made myself clear enought, not english native speaker xD

Omega12

I can get to work on the Mage Hats most definitely. Any specific things they do?

And the Healing Wand type thing, I'll try my hardest! so like a 2-3 range Wand. It shoots out a bullet/arrow that gives a healing effect? Would it say the thing like "X received poor treatment(20% chance of good Treatmeant)

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Omega12 on January 03, 2015, 01:30:15 PM
And the Healing Wand type thing, I'll try my hardest! so like a 2-3 range Wand. It shoots out a bullet/arrow that gives a healing effect? Would it say the thing like "X received poor treatment(20% chance of good Treatmeant)

It's the idea ^^. aniway, if someone find this to OP or not in the "spirit of the mod", don't waste time for this, it was just my "crazy idea/suggestion" xD

Shinzy

I can get to work on the Mage Hats most definitely. Any specific things they do?

Only to make your colonists look like the mages from ff1 =P that's all I need ;D

Omega12

Quote from: Shinzy on January 03, 2015, 04:15:49 PM

Only to make your colonists look like the mages from ff1 =P that's all I need ;D

XD I was looking at Pictures and the little white mage is soooo cute :P

HBKRKO619

Final Fantasy :happy: xD

Usually, the white mage is dedicated to heal. The black one to inflict big damage (fire, ice, thunder) and the red one is a sort of mix between physical and magic damage (worse than the white and black in magic, better in physic but less than a pure warrior).

Omega12

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 03, 2015, 05:06:50 PM

Usually, the white mage is dedicated to heal. The black one to inflict big damage (fire, ice, thunder) and the red one is a sort of mix between physical and magic damage (worse than the white and black in magic, better in physic but less than a pure warrior).

Lol wut.

HBKRKO619

Quote from: Omega12 on January 03, 2015, 06:24:35 PM
Quote from: HBKRKO619 on January 03, 2015, 05:06:50 PM

Lol wut.

????

That's how it work usually in Final fantasy (FF) ^^

Seigghart

Haven't tried the mod yet, but here are some suggestions:
1. Runes/Sigils - I rarely see these in magic orientated mods, especially sigils.
2. Research for more advanced uses, such as researching 'Fire Magic' research for a more effective fire wand.
3. Alchemy?

Omega12

Runes? yeah I could try that!

Sigils....Cant say ive heard of those, I can read up on 'em.