[Mod Request] Different Races For Colonists

Started by xeonxifiaction, January 02, 2015, 03:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xeonxifiaction

While playing through the game I realized that it would be really cool to have an off chance of getting a person in your colony of an alien race of some sort. I figured it would make for a cool little add on to the game.

Maybe the different races could even have chances of having special traits that are specific to each race.

Just an idea I had.

MaxtheINFINITE

I'd rather have a werewolf beast killer colonist than a worseless human indeed...
So this idea ... IS GREAT!
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

CB elite

I've been dying for a mod that would allow me to create naked body/head/hair texture paths for alien races, while still allowing for imprisoning/recruitment of said alien races. I know how to code a little bit, but I'm no C# wizard :(

If anyone wants to pick this up, that would be awesome! :D

Werewolves are cool too ;)

unifex

Been fiddling around with new humanoid types and new SkillDefs... adding SkillDefs doesn't look that easy with the interaction with the backstory. I don't think you'd need to be a c# "wizard" by any stretch of the imagination for this kind of stuff, more just learning the API as it stands, and what's available. The actual code you need to write is generally going to be pretty trivial (unless you embark on something really worthwhile like a new military system or something of that scale, then I guess you'll want a good grounding).

xeonxifiaction

I don't really think a new military system would be needed. I just think different races for colonists in general would add a little more fun to the game to have more diverse colonies.

Berengar

john pretzel

Good idea. People would develop preferences with all diversity of colonist races.

Mos Eisley Cantina  ;D

Berengar

john pretzel