[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Jan2607 on February 12, 2015, 08:07:08 AM
I only set down the working time the workers spend at the mine.

I'm now at day 180, I've 13 colonists and I'm not playing on a big mountain map, so steel was always a problem to me.
In addition I use the turret collection mod, so I need a lot of steel.
When Tynan balanced the game, he didn't think about mods which require that mass of steel :D

yeah at some point this mod is for my turret collection mod, but again most turrets in that mod are too late game turrets.

Epyk

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

eatKenny

Quote from: Epyk on February 19, 2015, 08:51:22 AM
Industrialization got an update in Alpha 8 that I missed?

:-[

maybe? :o i haven't check your modpack, was busy...

shhfiftyfive

the nuclear power from this mod is nice.

the "mine" though is sorely lacking in steel output in comparison to omni-gel. at least last time i tried it. i'd recommend you up the output to give users a competitive choice between omni-gel and this sort of mining operation.

eatKenny

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 19, 2015, 03:49:18 PM
the "mine" though is sorely lacking in steel output in comparison to omni-gel. at least last time i tried it. i'd recommend you up the output to give users a competitive choice between omni-gel and this sort of mining operation.

thanks for the advice, however my balance-calculation is based on vanilla game not other mods, i dont want to make it too OP that we lose fun/challenge of the game.

Cryonist

Omni-gel is crazy overpowered so I stopped using it. The mine is much better balanced :).

shhfiftyfive

i understand omni-gel is op. epyk nerfed the growth rate in his pack recently.

but still, i think the mine output didn't justify the cost from my last experience with it.
- building the mine isn't cheap.
- powering the mine isn't cheap.
- the time it takes to process a job isn't fast.
- the steel output is measly. random even? my results were lucky to break even or marginally better than the steel cost of the drill bit used up in the job. even if i bought the drill bits at a cheaper price instead of craft them myself at the lathe (really the lathe seems like it needs a buff too if that remains the case)

is it like this right now? it's been a few weeks since i toyed with it. results were really unappealing at first glance. not to be harsh, but i was expecting better output for all the effort put into the process.

DaggettBeaver

Well, in regards to balance the question is what the mine tries to achieve.

If it is planned as a more advanced alternative to mining steel from veins it is definitely really underpowered. But i think the main aim of the mine is to allow players to create steel in worlds that don't have it (anymore) to avoid being to dependent on travelling merchants and stuff. If that is the case the mines output is balanced...

erebus2075

will this be updated for alpha 9 :)
it is casting errors now ^^ used the newest uploaded file here ^^

eatKenny

Quote from: erebus2075 on February 25, 2015, 09:28:02 AM
will this be updated for alpha 9 :)
it is casting errors now ^^ used the newest uploaded file here ^^

I'm already working on it ;)

eatKenny

made a quick update to alpha 9, added some small things.

tell me if you find any bugs or weird things. because of new job and moving it may take some time to next update. but suggestions are welcome.

eatKenny

Quote from: DaggettBeaver on February 23, 2015, 08:50:38 AM
If it is planned as a more advanced alternative to mining steel from veins it is definitely really underpowered. But i think the main aim of the mine is to allow players to create steel in worlds that don't have it (anymore) to avoid being to dependent on travelling merchants and stuff. If that is the case the mines output is balanced...

you're right sir, that's the concept of mine.

eatKenny

sorry just fixed a bug while loading saved game with geothermal heater, plz redownload this mod. fixed version won't break saved games.