[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Undecided on March 04, 2015, 05:29:27 PM
With the new temperature system, have you ever considered removing the outdoor-only (no roof) requirements for the nuclear power plant, and instead just having it produce lots of heat in the room it's in? Since the cooling tower basically is a giant heat sink, it makes more sense than an arbitrary outdoor-only limitation. It would also add a lot more depth to using them -- making them less efficient in hotter climates (requiring more coolers operating), having to manage core temperature to prevent a meltdown (or in in-game mechanics, preventing room temperature getting high enough from starting spontaneous fires) by having proper ventilation, and so on.

Thanks for your feed back. The reason I want power outside is more because of its height(so as mine) and balance consideration.

For the heat idea: in earlier, separate version of nuclear power plant mod we already had a discussion about this, it's quite interesting and I'd like to give it a try in the near future.

GorillaCZ

Quote from: eatKenny on March 03, 2015, 04:59:22 PM
As I said deep space mining ship only has 50% chance carrying a mining drill, try wait for a while. And you may find them in exotic trader if lucky.

It is not a true. You forgot to add Exotic trade tag

<tradeTags>
      <li>Exotic</li>
</tradeTags>

icew0lfnz

Hello,

Love the mod, been using it for a while. Just wondering if it's possible to make a separate version without the "laser from space" concept like in older versions.
Reason being that, in my opinion (from immersive perspective):
1. having a ship fire down to pinpoint accuracy to make a hole, why wouldn't your colonists just ask for help and evac them if the ship is that close?
2. to me, it sort of destroys the purpose of the "drill" aspect since the hole has been made with a laser anyway.
3. the laser making the hole would most likely destroy the minerals and stuffs underground if it's powerful enough to make a hole in the first place.

Just my opinions.

Thanks for a great mod :)

eatKenny

Quote from: GorillaCZ on March 07, 2015, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on March 03, 2015, 04:59:22 PM
As I said deep space mining ship only has 50% chance carrying a mining drill, try wait for a while. And you may find them in exotic trader if lucky.

It is not a true. You forgot to add Exotic trade tag

<tradeTags>
      <li>Exotic</li>
</tradeTags>

Ooops, my mistake. On second thought the exotic may don't have to carry mining drill.

FireFly

Just a small suggestion, you could make vanilla concrete flooring actually require concrete. Pretty minor thing, but it makes more sense than laying down steel that turns into concrete :D

eatKenny

Quote from: FireFly on March 10, 2015, 05:15:51 AM
Just a small suggestion, you could make vanilla concrete flooring actually require concrete. Pretty minor thing, but it makes more sense than laying down steel that turns into concrete :D

i already made it for the next update, and i even added concrete foundation to allow you to build on soft Terrains like "mud".

Latta

Quote from: eatKenny on March 10, 2015, 06:25:43 AM

i already made it for the next update, and i even added concrete foundation to allow you to build on soft Terrains like "mud".

Can I expect aluminium floor too? Something like brighter metal floor?

eatKenny

Quote from: icew0lfnz on March 07, 2015, 10:25:44 PM
Hello,

Love the mod, been using it for a while. Just wondering if it's possible to make a separate version without the "laser from space" concept like in older versions.
Reason being that, in my opinion (from immersive perspective):
1. having a ship fire down to pinpoint accuracy to make a hole, why wouldn't your colonists just ask for help and evac them if the ship is that close?
2. to me, it sort of destroys the purpose of the "drill" aspect since the hole has been made with a laser anyway.
3. the laser making the hole would most likely destroy the minerals and stuffs underground if it's powerful enough to make a hole in the first place.

Just my opinions.

Thanks for a great mod :)

thanks for the suggestions ;)

the skydriller is something like a satelite, not a ship, so it can't pickup People.

and the skydriller is not meant to be very realistic but more for balance consideration. but if you wish you can think this way: the skydriller drills through the hard crust makes a path so that the mining drill can reach the deep ore.

eatKenny

Quote from: Latta on March 10, 2015, 06:49:49 AM
Quote from: eatKenny on March 10, 2015, 06:25:43 AM

Can I expect aluminium floor too? Something like brighter metal floor?

i'd like to see Tynan make stuff related floors. but why not, i can make a Aluminium floor

thenightgaunt

I love this mod.
Concrete as a new building material is a nice addition but the inclusion of mines is fantastic (haven't had a chance to build a nuclear powerplant yet so can't judge that one yet)!

And the balance is pretty good for the most part but it could use a little adjustment. I have some recommendations but we all know the value of freely given advice eh.  ;D

1. Concrete output to input might be increased a little or the cost reduced. The benefit of the material is ease of use and "customization" so to speak. It might benefit from being a cheap substitute to stone and steel in building walls and floors. So maybe the cost of walls should be reduced from 6 to 3 concrete. Maybe with 3 wood for the frame. The addition of say a "Poured Concrete" floor tile that used concrete as well would be a nice addition. The problem with concrete atm is the cost in steel to make it. So say maybe increase output by 1/3rd and change the recipe to 1 steel and 2 chunks?

2. Mining and the Skydrill.
Ok, both of these are friggin awesome. No complaints in the general concept. However, there are 2 problems with them at the moment (imo). The first is that the mine's output is too low. With the cost of drill heads, it's about 20 steel. While a constant influx, that's still pretty low given the cost overall of building a mine and drilling the hole. I'm arguing that stone block output should be much much higher (more likely to hit it), followed by Iron and etc, with materials like gold and silver being rare (I kinda like the current numbers on those).

While you don't want a mine to just be flooding a colony with resources, that's kinda the point of it. Though really its a mid to end game structure and building a mine should be a huge goal for a colony that results in fantastic returns. So how about 2 types of mines?

The first mine uses the current mine img, and does not require a skydrill to build. Maybe the drill mechanism should be added as a recipe to the lathe (as in the hotfix added a bit back). This primitive mine keeps the same input and output levels as the current version. It's a crude setup being used in midgame when colonies are trying to really make some money.
The second mine uses the alt sci-fi looking mine img and requires a skydrill to build. It's an advanced sci-fi drill using glitterworld tech and it could be a late game project. It'd be more expensive to build then the regular mine, but the output would be at least double that of the ordinary mine.

What do ya think?

eatKenny

Quote from: thenightgaunt on March 18, 2015, 12:34:29 PM
I love this mod.
Concrete as a new building material is a nice addition but the inclusion of mines is fantastic (haven't had a chance to build a nuclear powerplant yet so can't judge that one yet)!

And the balance is pretty good for the most part but it could use a little adjustment. I have some recommendations but we all know the value of freely given advice eh.  ;D

1. Concrete output to input might be increased a little or the cost reduced. The benefit of the material is ease of use and "customization" so to speak. It might benefit from being a cheap substitute to stone and steel in building walls and floors. So maybe the cost of walls should be reduced from 6 to 3 concrete. Maybe with 3 wood for the frame. The addition of say a "Poured Concrete" floor tile that used concrete as well would be a nice addition. The problem with concrete atm is the cost in steel to make it. So say maybe increase output by 1/3rd and change the recipe to 1 steel and 2 chunks?

2. Mining and the Skydrill.
Ok, both of these are friggin awesome. No complaints in the general concept. However, there are 2 problems with them at the moment (imo). The first is that the mine's output is too low. With the cost of drill heads, it's about 20 steel. While a constant influx, that's still pretty low given the cost overall of building a mine and drilling the hole. I'm arguing that stone block output should be much much higher (more likely to hit it), followed by Iron and etc, with materials like gold and silver being rare (I kinda like the current numbers on those).

While you don't want a mine to just be flooding a colony with resources, that's kinda the point of it. Though really its a mid to end game structure and building a mine should be a huge goal for a colony that results in fantastic returns. So how about 2 types of mines?

The first mine uses the current mine img, and does not require a skydrill to build. Maybe the drill mechanism should be added as a recipe to the lathe (as in the hotfix added a bit back). This primitive mine keeps the same input and output levels as the current version. It's a crude setup being used in midgame when colonies are trying to really make some money.
The second mine uses the alt sci-fi looking mine img and requires a skydrill to build. It's an advanced sci-fi drill using glitterworld tech and it could be a late game project. It'd be more expensive to build then the regular mine, but the output would be at least double that of the ordinary mine.

What do ya think?

nice idea about mine, i will give it a shot

UMK

I'm fine with concrete price - it is much stronger than any stone (reinforced walls from Clutter have 1750HP).
Mining&Co in their lasers mod are using interesting idea. Their recipe of 'crysteel extraction' instead of generating one crysteel generates one crysteel spawner - which right after its spawning creates (or not) crysteel and disappears. The same idea could be used in drill operation to create randomized amout of products (product itself could also be randomized) and to reuse drill head. Also, at the moment mine uses ButcheryMechanoidEfficiency as speed stat, Crafting as workType and gives no XP. Have you considered changing that?

Andy_Dandy

Yeah. Isn't a concrete wall even stronger then plaststeel? It's super powerfull. Should be harder to make rather then easier in my opinion. May I suggest it getting a 1000 point research cost, or perhaps 1200?

Thanks for a good mod by the way, beefing up my challenges early game, and giving me some more stuff to aim for later on.

thenightgaunt

Quote from: eatKenny on March 18, 2015, 12:41:59 PM
nice idea about mine, i will give it a shot

Thank you. ^_^

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on March 18, 2015, 02:15:01 PM
Yeah. Isn't a concrete wall even stronger then plaststeel? It's super powerfull. Should be harder to make rather then easier in my opinion. May I suggest it getting a 1000 point research cost, or perhaps 1200?

Huh. That's something I hadn't looked into. If concrete is a much stronger wall material then the cost might not be that bad in comparison.

Quote from: Canute on March 18, 2015, 05:28:27 PM
Maybe you don't know, but the recipes for Concrete and mining arn't fixed.
The manipulation skill of the pawn geting into the results.
At the beginning you maybe just geting 8 concrete out of 1 cycle, but with better skill and some arm implant's the results are much higher, i think i got 24 concrete out with my best crafter.
Same happen to the mine.
You should get the Skill locker Mod, and just let the higherst skilled crafter work on these bills, while the trainees do stonecutting or train their skill at some wooden longsword.

Yeah. I did not know that. I saw a bit of the effect though with the mining but I thought that the concrete production was locked. That's good to know, thanks.

What's the most you got out of the mine with Iron? I noticed that my guys were bringing back around 40 or so iron with each run. When I popped open the mod it looked like the max output for Iron on the mine was about 44. So I guess what I'm wondering is what's the max you've been able to pull out? Or to put it another way, is that 44 I saw the max limit, or does the skill result in production going below and above that number?

MsMeiriona

With the latest update, any specifics  in mod ordering we should be worried about?