[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wastelander

I'm not super clear on what comes in the lite version vs. the full version, could you please add a breakdown to the OP?

eatKenny

Quote from: Canute on March 26, 2015, 12:48:28 PM
Don't you think your workbenches should give crafting exp, since the skill affect the quantity of these workbenches ?
Or should i wait that the storyteller let some cargo pod's with bionic arms and Crafting neurotrainer rain ? :-)

Tynan changed exp-giving a lot in A9, but i will look into it, thanks for remind me of this.

cythedag

I noticed a few typos in your mod, like for example cooper ore should be copper ore. But overall very nice. Really though, the metals in this mod are under-utilized in my opinion. Not much of a use for aluminum or copper other than walls and weapons. I feel it should also be used in work tables and other craftables. This would be a nice collaboration with Abrexus' Superior Crafting mod. Maybe integrate it together so bionics/prosthetics use aluminum and plasteel, and electronic chips from his mod require copper. One thing I would really like to see released is a concrete only version. I kinda hacked your mod apart just so i could use only the concrete in game.

Ozy

Hey, I'm just starting with this mod (the full version), so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious: it's a new colony, and obviously I need power. But solar panels require steel, and I don't see how I could make steel with no power available.

eatKenny

Quote from: Ozy on March 27, 2015, 11:39:38 AM
Hey, I'm just starting with this mod (the full version), so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious: it's a new colony, and obviously I need power. But solar panels require steel, and I don't see how I could make steel with no power available.

Try deconstruct steel walls if you find any on the map. or build a backyard furnace to start steel production yourself.

eatKenny

Quote from: cythedag on March 27, 2015, 11:11:07 AM
I noticed a few typos in your mod, like for example cooper ore should be copper ore. But overall very nice. Really though, the metals in this mod are under-utilized in my opinion. Not much of a use for aluminum or copper other than walls and weapons. I feel it should also be used in work tables and other craftables. This would be a nice collaboration with Abrexus' Superior Crafting mod. Maybe integrate it together so bionics/prosthetics use aluminum and plasteel, and electronic chips from his mod require copper. One thing I would really like to see released is a concrete only version. I kinda hacked your mod apart just so i could use only the concrete in game.

thanks for the suggestions, I will consider them on the next update

Ozy

Quote from: eatKenny on March 27, 2015, 01:10:01 PM
Try deconstruct steel walls if you find any on the map. or build a backyard furnace to start steel production yourself.
Alright thanks. I didn't find steel walls, but maybe it was because I didn't create a new world ? Now that I did, I have found a few of them. I also considered trying the furnace, but IIRC it said it required concrete, which would require power too, but maybe it is because I didn't have any materials. Actually I've switched to the lite version, which will be easier to get accustomed to the new stuff, but I'll keep your tips in mind for next time.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Can i just get the nuclear power with the destruction and hazmat suits too or no?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

eatKenny

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on March 28, 2015, 03:01:28 AM
Can i just get the nuclear power with the destruction and hazmat suits too or no?

You mean make nuclear power plant module?

eatKenny

Quote from: Ozy on March 27, 2015, 01:36:41 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on March 27, 2015, 01:10:01 PM
Alright thanks. I didn't find steel walls, but maybe it was because I didn't create a new world ? Now that I did, I have found a few of them. I also considered trying the furnace, but IIRC it said it required concrete, which would require power too, but maybe it is because I didn't have any materials. Actually I've switched to the lite version, which will be easier to get accustomed to the new stuff, but I'll keep your tips in mind for next time.

Backyard Furnace can be build with any kind of stone blocks, but again, you have to deconstruct existing walls to get stone blocks if you don't rush the stone cutting research. And that is actually what I wanted for early game.

sidfu

what i would like to see is how the nu metal mod does where u mine ore and u have to process it into them.
to bad someone cant make a common metals mod that other mods could draw from to keep compatiablity up.
might try that tonite when i get bored watching some youtube vids. since i can do it all with xlm files

eatKenny

Quote from: sidfu on March 28, 2015, 09:33:48 PM
what i would like to see is how the nu metal mod does where u mine ore and u have to process it into them.
to bad someone cant make a common metals mod that other mods could draw from to keep compatiablity up.
might try that tonite when i get bored watching some youtube vids. since i can do it all with xlm files

It's easy to make a common metal mod, the hard part is to make sure all other modders actually use the new metals.

sidfu

Quote from: eatKenny on March 29, 2015, 07:50:37 AM
Quote from: sidfu on March 28, 2015, 09:33:48 PM

It's easy to make a common metal mod, the hard part is to make sure all other modders actually use the new metals.

know what u mean. wish the modding community was a bit like kerbal space programs. in it we have 4 or 5 common item mods to moders made so moders can help keep mods more compatiable.
but here seems every one gets giddy and have to have their own of the same old resouces lol.

well did do a little last nite and wouldnt be to hard to make it. just need to see if its possible to split .xml into differnt ones beyond a base so that any specalized metals would be easy to add.

cheetah2003

This is definitely one of my favorite mods.  Thanks so much for making this.

I was wondering if you could make a 3rd version, 'Ultra lite' which just adds concrete, high-grade steel, the mine (and related items/traders) and nuke plant.  I really don't care for all the extra useless metals in my game, especially when using other mods that add resources.

Mechanoid Hivemind

I agree all i want was the nuke plant too thats the only thing i use out of it
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.