[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozy

Quote from: eatKenny on March 28, 2015, 09:54:25 AM
Backyard Furnace can be build with any kind of stone blocks, but again, you have to deconstruct existing walls to get stone blocks if you don't rush the stone cutting research. And that is actually what I wanted for early game.
Yes indeed, I've seen that. Of course it'd be easier if the game showed something like greyed options for materials you don't have, but on the other hand it's cleaner the way it is, and unnecessary once you know it.

The other thing that might be a good addition for the game (I'm not sure there's no way to tell, I'm still quiet new to the game), is to add the power requirements in the stats. In this case that would have helped to know the backyard furnace didn't require any, since it uses wood.

Anyway everything's clear now, thanks again for the help and the mod of course, really appreciated.

DrinkV0dka

Does anybody have a way to make this work with nu metals since that mod makes it so you smelt iron ore into steel and since this mod adds steel theres no way to get normal iron.

DrinkV0dka

drongo

Are there any known conflicts with other mods that could cause using the skydriller to disappear without creating the mine shaft? I've experienced this problem with the two last versions of the mod, i can write up a list of the mods i'm using if need be, but thought i'd ask about any known conflicts before i put up a wall of text, thanks! loving your mod otherwise.

eatKenny

Quote from: drongo on April 09, 2015, 10:04:38 PM
Are there any known conflicts with other mods that could cause using the skydriller to disappear without creating the mine shaft? I've experienced this problem with the two last versions of the mod, i can write up a list of the mods i'm using if need be, but thought i'd ask about any known conflicts before i put up a wall of text, thanks! loving your mod otherwise.

skydriller is more a .dll mod rather than a .XML mod, it should work with other mods. can you give me the mod list you using? i can have a check.

drongo

I've switched to the lite version now, haven't bought a skydriller yet though, so i'm unsure whether it works now. It's quite a long list but here http://gyazo.com/8d6dcd1ebbf523a9dbcd4f64c5c538fc

Edit: bought a skydriller using the lite version, still not working.

eatKenny

Quote from: drongo on April 10, 2015, 11:12:49 AM
I've switched to the lite version now, haven't bought a skydriller yet though, so i'm unsure whether it works now. It's quite a long list but here http://gyazo.com/8d6dcd1ebbf523a9dbcd4f64c5c538fc

Edit: bought a skydriller using the lite version, still not working.

Does Skydriller creates a mining hole after drilling? it doesn't give you mine but give you a spot where you can build the mine

drongo

No mining hole created after i use it, I wait for the colonist to aim and then... nothing. i know you have to create the miner separately I have all the resources to place one after i manage to get the skydriller to place a mining hole.

eatKenny

Did you get the message "drilling order has send to skydriller"? if yes, just wait. if no, are you targeting a overhead mountain area? Sky driller can't drill through mountains.

drongo

Yeah, i got the message and i waited a few seconds after the colonist has finished aiming. i saved and tried it on different terrains and each time it wasn't under a roof or overhead mountain.

eatKenny

How long did you wait after you get the message? it may take a while before the skydriller take the position and start drilling. sometimes even more than a day.

drongo

I've been playing the save that i tried the skydriller on, do i have to have the colonist that sent the order to the skydriller to stand in place drafted for over a day?

drongo

I don't know what i changed but it worked now, i tried this on the same save earlier in the game, did it the same way, but now it works, can't argue with results though i guess, thanks to everyone who helped.

cy-one

I'm currently a little effed about this... In my most recent play (well, before I abandoned it in favor of A10), I had a more or less complete mountain-base, with carpet/wood-flooring, complete walls, defense system and so on before the first trader with a "mining drill" actually came up.
Well, still hasn't come up.

Can you please, please add in a possibility to make a mining drill? I don't care if it costs 500 high-grade steel... But if bad luck hits you like it did me, one might get the first mine at the point where the game is (if you have the goal to go off-world) just a waiting-game-for-more-plasteel >.<

eatKenny

Quote from: cy-one on April 16, 2015, 04:31:30 PM
I'm currently a little effed about this... In my most recent play (well, before I abandoned it in favor of A10), I had a more or less complete mountain-base, with carpet/wood-flooring, complete walls, defense system and so on before the first trader with a "mining drill" actually came up.
Well, still hasn't come up.

Can you please, please add in a possibility to make a mining drill? I don't care if it costs 500 high-grade steel... But if bad luck hits you like it did me, one might get the first mine at the point where the game is (if you have the goal to go off-world) just a waiting-game-for-more-plasteel >.<

i will make it happen in A10 update.