[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

Quote from: Demonlord091 on January 09, 2016, 09:01:27 PM
I seem to have encountered an unusual bug with this mod.  I've never had any problems before now, so I'd bet on it being a conflict.
I just can't seem to think of what it could be.

Any ideas?  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the second image. I've only seen that sort of horror once before, but the same solution doesn't work this time.

It's not really a bug, just a graphic setup error which won't effect gameplay and this mod shouldn't have any compatibility issues. The red errors are from another mod.

Demonlord091

Makes sense.

Thanks for the response. I'll just have to keep poking at them until I figure out which ones hate each other.

ChJees

This mod was worth it just for the aluminium alone! Crazy talk of people thinking it is too abundant :P

My colony were pretty dashing before they got raided to the point they only became 8 people out of 12 and decided to bugger out of there with a spaceship.
Got to say the mod feels pretty balanced after having played 24 hours with it and a bunch of other mods. Really picked it up when i got both the mine and nuclear reactor up. At that point getting steel and aluminum was pretty much a non issue.
Think it is weird though that you can find compacted steel and other metals what must be kilometers down there.
If one thing that could be improved so would it be the stone yield, my two level 14-15 miners only got like 4-5 stone out of each operation for what people usually treat as junk. Maybe even have a dedicated quarry for stone and scrap metal?

Now with all this fancy stuff like concrete and high grade i wonder if adding defensive structures like barricades and embrasures is on the agenda? Like a straight up better sandbag. Actual powerline poles? Capacitor banks? Transformer stations?

eatKenny

Quote from: ChJees on January 10, 2016, 11:02:28 PM
This mod was worth it just for the aluminium alone! Crazy talk of people thinking it is too abundant :P

My colony were pretty dashing before they got raided to the point they only became 8 people out of 12 and decided to bugger out of there with a spaceship.
Got to say the mod feels pretty balanced after having played 24 hours with it and a bunch of other mods. Really picked it up when i got both the mine and nuclear reactor up. At that point getting steel and aluminum was pretty much a non issue.
Think it is weird though that you can find compacted steel and other metals what must be kilometers down there.
If one thing that could be improved so would it be the stone yield, my two level 14-15 miners only got like 4-5 stone out of each operation for what people usually treat as junk. Maybe even have a dedicated quarry for stone and scrap metal?

Now with all this fancy stuff like concrete and high grade i wonder if adding defensive structures like barricades and embrasures is on the agenda? Like a straight up better sandbag. Actual powerline poles? Capacitor banks? Transformer stations?

you sir, thanks for all the kind words and ideas. i will consider those suggestions for the next update ;)

Grimandevil

hey Kenny,
i've figured, u can modify Items_IRResources.xml with
    <stuffProps>
      <categories>
        <li>Metallic</li>
        <li>Steeled</li>

to make it Combat Realism friendly. (they change mats for armor). Maybe u could make a small comp. patch and/or mention it in the op post.

welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

eatKenny

Quote from: Grimandevil on January 14, 2016, 10:45:50 AM
hey Kenny,
i've figured, u can modify Items_IRResources.xml with
    <stuffProps>
      <categories>
        <li>Metallic</li>
        <li>Steeled</li>

to make it Combat Realism friendly. (they change mats for armor). Maybe u could make a small comp. patch and/or mention it in the op post.

thanks, sure i will do it soon

Grimandevil

i'd also suggest adding <ArmorRating_Sharp> & <ArmorRating_Blunt> to <statFactors>
kinda makes sense.
welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

eatKenny

a small update to add the "combat realism patch", if needed please redownload. ;)

Frug

When deep mining for plasteel it says that the colonist is deep mining uranium. Odd, but in no way a problem.

eatKenny

Quote from: Frug on January 26, 2016, 06:05:13 PM
When deep mining for plasteel it says that the colonist is deep mining uranium. Odd, but in no way a problem.
that's my mistake :P

i've fixed it, you can redownload this mod or go to "...RimWorld914Win\Mods\Industrialisation\Defs\RecipeDefs", open Recipes_IR.xml and correct it yourself.

Stormbladee

I have a few other mods installed and have just recently stumbled across this one, gave it ago and now I have no uncompleted research or completed research, it's just... Well blank, I've tried loading the mods in different orders but nothing has fixed it, know anything about this? If not that's cool i'm sure I can figure it out eventually.

eatKenny

Quote from: Stormbladee on February 12, 2016, 09:11:34 AM
I have a few other mods installed and have just recently stumbled across this one, gave it ago and now I have no uncompleted research or completed research, it's just... Well blank, I've tried loading the mods in different orders but nothing has fixed it, know anything about this? If not that's cool i'm sure I can figure it out eventually.

try restart the game ;)

Bobthefarmer1

Hi, I have a slight issue making a Deep mine, I have some high grade steel and concrete, but it doesnt let me build it, saying that it still needs materials. Is there  anyway I can fix or trouble shoot?

klop1324

+1

Having the same problem with the Deep Mine, I have the materials, and am unable to build it

eatKenny

as far as i know you can't build it until you have ALL required matierals. please try it again and tell me if it works.