[A15] Industrialisation (04-09-2016)

Started by eatKenny, January 02, 2015, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khaosius789

After three years... I've yet to see a trader with a mining drill. Please make it craftable.

SilverDragon

Quote from: Khaosius789 on February 02, 2015, 08:15:51 PM
After three years... I've yet to see a trader with a mining drill. Please make it craftable.

Here you go, a quick hotfix to add a Mining Drill recipe into the Lathe.
Contains a fixed Recipes_IR.xml and Buildings_IRProduction.xml , so just overwrite your existing ones when extracting this like you would any normal mod. Let me know if theres any issues with it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txvf71qbatx6tln/Industrialisation-AddedMiningDrillRecipe.rar?dl=0

EDIT: If you feel like 400 steel is too expensive for it, you can change the recipe ingredients in Recipes_IR.xml

Khaosius789

Quote from: SilverDragon on February 02, 2015, 08:36:35 PM

Here you go, a quick hotfix to add a Mining Drill recipe into the Lathe.
Contains a fixed Recipes_IR.xml and Buildings_IRProduction.xml , so just overwrite your existing ones when extracting this like you would any normal mod. Let me know if theres any issues with it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txvf71qbatx6tln/Industrialisation-AddedMiningDrillRecipe.rar?dl=0

EDIT: If you feel like 400 steel is too expensive for it, you can change the recipe ingredients in Recipes_IR.xml

Works flawlessly. Made one in a few seconds. Thanks much!

eatKenny

After three years... I've yet to see a trader with a mining drill.

Bad luck Brian is that you? :o

@SilverDragon: thanks for the help ;)

SilverDragon

Quote from: eatKenny on February 03, 2015, 01:19:51 PM
Bad luck Brian is that you? :o

@SilverDragon: thanks for the help ;)

No probs!! I hope you don't mind me punching out a hotfix like that. ;D

millenium

finally got a skydriller and i must say it is rather inaccurate.

on a note of another mod that uses a similiar hole drilling mechanic. mechanical defense uses structure based drills to create fissures for mining small medium and large. each one creates greater or smaller amounts of a selected material depending upon size.

in all honesty i don't see the reason or need for such a large skydrill except in the case of extreme late game resource generation. and since the mine is not unlocked through research its a little weird to have a need to use the skydrill to make it work. having something of an earlier game small drill which makes a small mining hole that creates 1/2 of the resources we have now and the skydrill hole makes 2x to make it make more sense at least.

eatKenny

Quote from: millenium on February 08, 2015, 01:37:59 PM
finally got a skydriller and i must say it is rather inaccurate.

on a note of another mod that uses a similiar hole drilling mechanic. mechanical defense uses structure based drills to create fissures for mining small medium and large. each one creates greater or smaller amounts of a selected material depending upon size.

in all honesty i don't see the reason or need for such a large skydrill except in the case of extreme late game resource generation. and since the mine is not unlocked through research its a little weird to have a need to use the skydrill to make it work. having something of an earlier game small drill which makes a small mining hole that creates 1/2 of the resources we have now and the skydrill hole makes 2x to make it make more sense at least.

thanks for the feedback.

i knew the accuracy of the skydriller would be the problem for some people(OCD :o), but skydriller is actually something like a satellite so i think it's ok to have a small "miss radius" (which i set it to 2)

the mine is designed for mid/late game, the importance of the mine will show more and more in late game when there's no more resource to dig from map and your colonists have higher skills (means more resource per drill head). but technically it's not something you need to research. the tricky part is the balance, for which i need more game practice(more time to play it myself and feedbacks from you guys), and i'm working on the balance constantly.

in this weekend i started a new colony and this is how it looks like now:

around day 170 i managed to build the second mine. the progress is quite what i wanted.

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: eatKenny on February 09, 2015, 03:53:47 AM
Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 08, 2015, 08:42:49 PM
hazmat suits from your mod too?

Yes, will be included in next update.
Could you also get the suits to work with crash landings reactor? i hate when that stupid thing lands right in the middle of my small camp
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

eatKenny

Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 09, 2015, 10:02:52 AM

Could you also get the suits to work with crash landings reactor? i hate when that stupid thing lands right in the middle of my small camp

oh i never checked "crash landing" mod but it may possible to make the suit work with that mod.

dareddevil7

would it be possible to integrate your radiation system here with the tactical nuclear strike in turret collection, but instead of just a HAZMAT suit you would also need a respirator of some type, like a gas mask.

eatKenny

Quote from: dareddevil7 on February 09, 2015, 04:06:13 PM
would it be possible to integrate your radiation system here with the tactical nuclear strike in turret collection, but instead of just a HAZMAT suit you would also need a respirator of some type, like a gas mask.

yes it's possible, i will try it for the next update.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: eatKenny on February 09, 2015, 12:50:48 PM
Quote from: Mechanoid HiveMind on February 09, 2015, 10:02:52 AM

oh i never checked "crash landing" mod but it may possible to make the suit work with that mod.
Not a big deal dont rush this or nothing i was only curious, i do believe your mod is the only one with hazmats

Tericc

I been using your mod for some time now and Im liking it a lot.

I have a question tho with a problem i am having in regards to your concrete. I been trying to use it as a building material. Walls work fine but in everything else does not. The nuke plant doesn't accept concrete nor does any other structures that i had attempted to build concrete with accepts it.

what happens is i place the structure down, the metal is transported over to the item (if called for)but not the concrete despite having far more then necessary.

Any help would be appreciated.