Bright Hunting!

Started by Jo The Veteran, December 19, 2014, 06:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo The Veteran

Just two very basic tweaks if possible.
Brightness adjustment in options, at night it's way too moody as it is right now and I don't want to mess with my monitor brightness every time I play a different game.
Automatic hunting. Basically the hunting shouldn't be micromanaged as it is now, it should be set upon a table (butcher's probably), kinda how the stone cutter is, to provide the task and range for the action. So if animals exist outside the range, hunters won't kill anything, if it's the infinite 9999 value, hunters will hunt everything till there's nothing else left.

Igabod

I usually just use lamps. I even created a mod that adds outdoor lamps which light up larger areas than the regular lamps, as well as more advanced standing lamps with a better texture. That should solve any issues you have at night time. Near your base anyway. You can get it here

Jo The Veteran

Wow, I really forgot my post here. Sorry and thank you for your reply but I was actually talking about a game mechanic here, not a mod. Don't get me wrong, I use a ton of mods in each of my playthroughs, it's just that this thing should be in options you know, well in my opinion at least.
I'll still take a look at your mod. ☺

Igabod

I see, I misunderstood your post previously. You want in-game controls in the options menu or something. I'm not exactly sure what I thought you meant back when I read it the first time though.

You'll be happy to know that someone made an auto-hunt mod recently. Click Here for the auto-hunt mod. It's not exactly what you describe, but it is still in it's early days and has the possibility to grow. It does work to solve the hunting problem though. Worth looking at.

Jo The Veteran

Nice! I'll give it a shot as well.