deer damages through... power armor...

Started by kpsychopath, January 02, 2015, 11:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpsychopath

yea, as in title. i dont see how the fuck a deer could harm my brawler wielding a sword and power armor like some high tech samurai. i get it from swords or moffo.. what ever those large things are called.  they have the power behind them. but a deer? fuck a rodent can damage the badass in power armor. just some thoughts

Halinder

For one, the power armor (at least I last recall) does not protect the whole body. I think it leaves out hands and feet at least, maybe arms and legs. It mainly serves to guard the torso and a helmet for the head, naturally. Besides, the deer are hitting you with blunt trauma, while the power armor is designed to guard against bullets, knives and burn wounds. Still, that sword should be killing it soonish.

Geertje123

Quote from: Halinder on January 03, 2015, 12:15:42 AM... while the power armor is designed to guard against bullets, knives and burn wounds ...

All my colonists wear power armor, yet I'm still unaware of why I actually wear it. They all get organ damages and all sorts of body part damages. To me it looks like it wouldn't make a difference whether I do or don't wear it.

Mihsan

Quote from: Geertje123 on January 03, 2015, 06:50:37 AM
All my colonists wear power armor, yet I'm still unaware of why I actually wear it. They all get organ damages and all sorts of body part damages. To me it looks like it wouldn't make a difference whether I do or don't wear it.

Soldiers in power armor will survive much longer under fire.

But yeah: armor simulation kind of sux right now. It just does not feel right for this kind of game.

I get really frustrated every time when squirrel bites my men through power armor. Same with centipede (=tank), that could be killed by tribals with arrows and wooden clubs.

Main point:
It is strange to have such detailed health system and such primitive armor system.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Johnny Masters

Bumping it for the proper damage system request (PDSR :D).

Repeating myself:

*Damage should be  Damage/type - Reduction/type(-armor piercing capacity of weapon) = final damage. With the possibility of   D/T - R/T(-W AP) = damage - xx% piercing damage turned into bash damage. Also the possibility of an extra damage type (slash/cut/chop?).
Everything should have DR (human soft tissue has 0 DR/all types tho), specially hard stuff, like stone walls and doors.

*Melee chance to hit should be based on a difference of skill level(+weapon?) - skill level(+weapon?). Untrained vs untrained without weapons = 50% to hit each other. Master vs master without weapons = 50% to hit each other.  untrained vs master (w.w.) = 1-10% chance to hit master vs 90-99% to hit untrained. A sword could give +5% to hit and +2% to defend. A shield +10% to defend. Yadda yadda ideas. (really, this is only the tip of a needed combat revamp).

*Power armor should indeed be more powerful. But should incur heavier penalties to work, so to be used only during war, possibly needing some kind of fuel source. I dunno, just feels like you get flooded with power armor too soon and with so few drawbacks it narrows to only one play style, namely having everyone having power armor everytime, everywhere. Using vests and kevlar should/could be a viable option for some skirmishes where speed /economy is more in need.

Quote from: Mihsan on January 03, 2015, 07:20:20 PM
It is strange to have such detailed health system and such primitive armor system.
Also pretty much this