A13 - Removable stuff

Started by dragoduval, April 22, 2016, 09:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragoduval

This simple (and untested) mini-mod add more removable furniture (All vanilla). That include doors, crafting workshop and various item.

What i did not make removable are wall, ship parts, energy productor, temperature objects and huge objects.

Not new game required, its only core (Vanilla ?) building that have a tiny line added.

If its buggy tell me so that i can fix it, first published mini-mod here and i had barely 5 minute to test it :D.

Edit : Removed the turret part for now, will test it and the mortar tonight (Weekend time :D). Also removed the mega link for now.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Im making my own mod !!!! Also im pretty sure that i started World Wars 3.....

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

BlackSmokeDMax

Is this something that can be added to an existing game, or will it require starting a new map/colony?

dragoduval

I doubt that it will need a new game, its all vanilla stuff that i simply added the minified option.

Also if i spawn too many subject then dont mind me, i'm just bored at school :D. Damn 3 hours long video's....

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: dragoduval on April 22, 2016, 11:02:58 AM
I doubt that it will need a new game, its all vanilla stuff that i simply added the minified option.

Thanks, will give it a test later today!

RemingtonRyder

Minified turret won't work. Been there, done that. Takes a lot more than just adding a line with MinifiedDef and, in A13 at least, it's not been done so far as I know.

dragoduval

Really ? Damn ill have to check and remove it O.o. As i said i had 5 minute to test, so i did not test much, but thanks a lot for the info :D.

Goldenpotatoes

I know CR had the ability to uninstall turrets and place them manually else-where, if you're interested in looking into that.

RemingtonRyder

It was possible in A11 and A12 thanks to a turret comp init class. It does not quite have the desired effect in A13. I can't tell you if the same is true of Combat Realism turrets, 'cause there isn't an A13 release of that yet.

amodchecker

making turrets into something you can pack up and move should be easy if your willing to add a few extra steps to the process, all you have to do is make the turret require an item named "packed turret" and when its dissembled give back the packed turret
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

Dave-In-Texas

Quote from: amodchecker on April 24, 2016, 09:37:11 AM
making turrets into something you can pack up and move should be easy if your willing to add a few extra steps to the process, all you have to do is make the turret require an item named "packed turret" and when its dissembled give back the packed turret

just add

<minifiedDef>MinifiedFurniture</minifiedDef>

to the def and the game minifies it for you..

dragoduval

Damn why did i not think of that one :D. Will try to do it, should not take long :D. Work for mortar too ? Should work, they are turrets.

amodchecker

Quote from: dragoduval on April 24, 2016, 03:20:28 PM

Damn why did i not think of that one :D. Will try to do it, should not take long :D. Work for mortar too ? Should work, they are turrets.

just make sure you account for the different turret's hitpoints, steel doesn't change the hitpoints but plasteel does
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

WHiZ

the mod causes errors when building a toolbox, marriage spot, or party spot

dragoduval

I did not edit marriage and party spot, but i can look into it O.o . I'll look into the toolbox too.

Nadrac

Tried it out, it always felt odd that that i can't move benches and heaters and most items, but the current the version is fairly buggy.

I was building (not moving) a vitals monitors and when they finished, there was nothing there, resources were lost as well. Moving the geothermal was an option but not the heater, also moving the walls was an option but no ever did it, couldn't even force them to, not like i want to move walls.

Moving the crafting bench did work, but had to disable the mod because of the bugs.