[A11] Auto-hunt Beacon v2.3 (2015-06-18)

Started by Carry, January 03, 2015, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninefinger

So does one beacon cover the whole map or do i need multiple beacons?

Carry

New version is up. Sorry for the delay. I found a bug and had absolutely no desire to work on it :)
It should be compatible with existing savegames, if you deconstruct all old beacons.

!!! The new version has a dependency !!!
I know it's annoying, but it's easier for maintenance.

One beacon can cover the entire map, even if you put it in a corner. Just maximize the range.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Carry on April 03, 2015, 02:04:21 PMOne beacon can cover the entire map, even if you put it in a corner. Just maximize the range.

Ty for the clarification :)

jefferyharrell

I really like this mod a lot, but there's a feature I'd love that may or may not even be possible: Can animals be DE-designated for hunting when they move OUT of the beacon's radius? I'd like to be able to set up a beacon with a nice big radius over there, well away from my farms and whatnot so I don't have to worry about my highly skilled shooter bringing his high-powered rifle to bear on my highly skilled growers who happen to get in between him and the squirrel he really wants to bag for a prize.

Ninefinger

Slight fix i found that you dont need to download the Common (CY) it is already included in the 2.0 download the Common.dll just needs to be moved into the Assemblies folder.

Carry

There was a weird issue with an exception if the local copy of common.dll wasn't in the beacon folder. I left it in there, because I had (and still have) problems reproducing the error.

Removing a designation if an animal moves out of range is certainly possible. There are some problems though (manual designations; animals moving between ranges of different beacons; removing a designation doesn't cancel a hunting job). But I will keep it in mind.

jefferyharrell

Quote from: Carry on April 04, 2015, 05:35:14 AM
manual designations; animals moving between ranges of different beacons; removing a designation doesn't cancel a hunting job

I had a thought about manual designations. I thought maybe the beacon could keep a list of all animals it had designated for hunting and would only de-designate animals it had designated in the first place … though I'm not sure I can think of an obvious way to keep that list from growing in length indefinitely as the game goes on, and also there's always the possibility that the player might de-designate an animal that the beacon had designated and then re-designate it again manually. So my idea isn't very good, I don't think. Plus which I don't understand how Rimworld mods work so I don't even know if it's possible to start with.

The part about de-designating an animal not canceling an active job made me want to slap my forehead. I didn't even think of that.

I reiterate, though: I like this mod very much. Thanks for making it.

kindofrvl

After using this mod I caught up with an interesting bug - animals stop their spawn, all I saw was a group of elks, no other spawned in 3-5 game days. Can I fix it somehow?

kindofrvl

Canute, only one Alphamufallo from the samenamed mode and one pack of elks in game week, no other spawn at all. :(

Is there a bug in the tree cutting calculation?  I was shocked when the I set the range to max, set my thresholds to 250/1000 when I already had >700 wood and the entire map was marked.  Even after lowering the thresholds to minimum caused all trees to get marked for harvest.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.