[A11] Auto-hunt Beacon v2.3 (2015-06-18)

Started by Carry, January 03, 2015, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarin

I completely forgot, I thought of another feature suggestion for the beacon. You already have a "clear trees from wind turbines" option that overrides tree cutting settings to keep wind turbines clear.

In that same vein, I would like to see an "automatically hunt alpha beavers" option in the hunting section, so they can be taken care of more or less automatically.

Carry

Version for Alpha 10 is available. No new features yet. I just made the necessary changes for the new alpha. But I will keep working on it.

Hunting alpha beavers -> noted :)

HBKRKO619

Link is dead or Dropbox is actually derping xD
Anyway, thank you fot he update :)

P.S. : Ok it work now xD Dropbox derping op \o/

soulkata

Hi,

I have the game under Alpha10c and Auto Hunt in 2.1... I am getting this message:

soulkata

Quote from: soulkata on April 20, 2015, 10:29:59 AM
Hi,

I have the game under Alpha10c and Auto Hunt in 2.1... I am getting this message:

Allright, need "Common (CY)"!

Ninefinger

minor issue with the mod is that i can only see less than half of the last animals name at the bottom of the list when i scroll down to select which ones to hunt. also i was wondering if you could make it so that when we cancel hunting on the autohunt beacon that it can deselect all the animals from being hunted.

lughtaj

I figured out the problems I was having. I feel smart. But yeah, I really love this mod!

Kubouch

I have a problem with the mod. Instead of the range, threshold, etc. selections it shows only a blank tab and I get an error in the log. Here is a screenshot. I tested it with no other mods runnning, created new world, new colony. The beacon seems to work fine though. It still designates animals for hunting when they wander into its range.

Kubouch

Oh, that's probably why it is written by a big red font in the first message. This is... embarrassing. But educatory.

Carry

Version 2.2 is available. It's just a small fix to display the animal list properly.

Ninefinger

Quote from: Carry on May 19, 2015, 03:58:54 AM
Version 2.2 is available. It's just a small fix to display the animal list properly.

Thank you! works perfect!

zoranjoza

Can u explain me how this treshold works? I dont understand(english not main).

Ninefinger

Quote from: zoranjoza on May 23, 2015, 11:17:09 AM
Can u explain me how this treshold works? I dont understand(english not main).

Upper thresh hold is the max number of foods available for them to stop hunting when they reach that number

Lower thresh hold is min number of foods available before they start hunting again to try to reach max thresh hold again

So they hunt till they reach the upper thresh hold then stop till the food drops below the lower thresh hold, then they hunt again.

nmid

I wish we had the same threshold for making all items (food, clothes, kindling etc)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Katorone

Absolutely loving this mod, it takes care of so much micro management!
A small issue I'm having with it, is that it doesn't seem to pick up on modded plants or animals.  While animals do get tagged nicely, they can't always be selected in the hunting list. (For instance the Snork from biodiversity.)
Plants like the glowbulbs from Caveworld flora aren't displayed in the list, and aren't tagged for harvesting.

I'm not sure if it's possible to pick up on modded content automatically though.  I really don't expect you to manually create compatibility for each mod.

Another issue I've noticed is that the thresholds aren't working for me.  When configuring hunting, I put the lowest on 0 and the upper on 300, but my hunter stops hunting entirely.

I'm using this mod in Ninefingers' excellent modpack.