[A11] Auto-hunt Beacon v2.3 (2015-06-18)

Started by Carry, January 03, 2015, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shackleberry

Great mod, removes some of the less interesting micromanagement.

Are there any plans to support A11? I am getting a hang when loading the game with this and Common (CY) installed.

Appreciate the update has just been released, thanks for creating a useful mod. :)

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Carry

Update to alpha 11. The "Common (CY)" mod is no longer necessary. I skimped a little on testing, but it should work without problems.

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Ytm

I have made russian translation for your mod. Could you please add it to the pack?!

And also i have a bug: wild boar are missed from the list of animals

[attachment deleted due to age]

r4ky

Quote from: Ninefinger on May 23, 2015, 12:04:28 PM
Quote from: zoranjoza on May 23, 2015, 11:17:09 AM
Can u explain me how this treshold works? I dont understand(english not main).

Upper thresh hold is the max number of foods available for them to stop hunting when they reach that number

Lower thresh hold is min number of foods available before they start hunting again to try to reach max thresh hold again

So they hunt till they reach the upper thresh hold then stop till the food drops below the lower thresh hold, then they hunt again.

thanks for the info

nmid

I really like this mod and would hate to start a new game without it.
This mod is one of my must-have mods for RimWorld.

The latest version (from the overhaul mod pack) seems to ignore the animal selection (or more specifically de-selection).
I deselected rimdogs (a custom animal, which surprisingly showed up in autobeacon's animal listing - unlike the various trees and wild plants), but AHB still caused my colonists to go around hunting dogs.

Being a dog lover, I hated butchering them.
Humans? I don't mind.. Dogs? Nah... they look so life-like :(

kaptain_kavern

I have tried to add more animals in the selection (as i use Biodiversity and wish to create some custom animals for the sake of learning).

Take my 1 day to understand that it was a "dll things" :) (even if know and understand a bit of the xml part of modding, I don't know nothing about dll modding)
Add one other day to understand how to use ILspy to open the dll. But now i'm stuck :p
I was hoping to see a list of animals/plants and add to it. but no.
private void HuntingWork()
{
if (this.enabled[0] && (!this.thresholdsEnabled[0] || !Building_AutoHuntBeacon.suspended[0]))
{
IEnumerable<Pawn> enumerable =
from Pawn p in Find.get_ListerPawns().get_AllPawns()
where p.get_RaceProps().get_Animal() && !p.health.get_Dead() && p.get_Position().InHorDistOf(base.get_Position(), this.range[0])
select p;
foreach (Pawn current in enumerable)
{
if (this.huntedAnimals.Contains(current.def.defName) && Find.get_DesignationManager().DesignationOn(current, DesignationDefOf.Hunt) == null && (!this.thresholdsEnabled[0] || !Building_AutoHuntBeacon.suspended[0]))
{
Find.get_DesignationManager().AddDesignation(new Designation(current, DesignationDefOf.Hunt));
Building_AutoHuntBeacon.amountDesignated[0] += Mathf.RoundToInt(current.get_RaceProps().get_MeatAmount());
if (Building_AutoHuntBeacon.amount[0] + Building_AutoHuntBeacon.amountDesignated[0] >= Building_AutoHuntBeacon.upperThresholds[0])
{
Building_AutoHuntBeacon.suspended[0] = true;
}
}
}
}

This part made me think that it somehow build a list of animal by "itself" (searching for specific tag) but in that case i don't understand why it doesn't "see" other animals.
My guess : It search only in Core folder (but i haven't see/don't know where a path should be declared)
If anyone is willing to help/teach me ... :D

kaptain_kavern

Just had an Eureka moment ^^
I was dumb lol : problem solved by putting Auto-Hunt-Beacon in last with EdBModOrder  :'(  (but that was nice as it force me to look at dll modding and i'm now intrigued ^^)

DDog

Is this going to be updated for 11b...  please say yes!  This is a must have mod!

AN7AG0NIS7

Quote from: DDog on July 15, 2015, 06:42:17 PM
Is this going to be updated for 11b...  please say yes!  This is a must have mod!

It works fine on 11b for me. Give it a try.

DarknessEyes

De Surgeries
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18976.0
Adds 26 new surgeries to Rimworld.

Snoghoj

Nope i dosen't work in alpha 12 currently.
When you try to build it, they move the steel to the blueprint and they start constructing it, but when they finish the building isnt placed, but the blueprint and the materials are gone :(

Fluffy (l2032)

Carry, please tell me there's an A12 version in the making! Manually designating animals to be hunted is killing me, your mod has spoiled me! Honestly, I love it, and it should frankly be in the core game.

I understand there's probably a few issues with there now being 'friendly' animals, but Rimworld without this (and superior crafting) just isn't the same anymore.

P.S. You probably already thought of this, but herd management would be awesome as well in a future version. If we could set the amount of male/female adults and babies/juveniles we want, and anything above gets auto-slaughtered, that would make running an actual farm a hell of a lot more viable.

P.P.S. Tynan, in the off chance you're reading this, male/female and adult/juvenile indicators in the animal overview!

[/rant]

bewby

Any working versions out there for A12?