Some kind of Transportation , extra buffs and children.

Started by Kentin, January 03, 2015, 01:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentin

Some kind of transportation like horses or bikes.

And for the extra buffs , something like pain in your back from working to hard , ...

Maybe they should implement breeding so colonist could have children for faster expansion.

Professor Cupcake

Given the size of the maps in Rimworld, I wouldn't say this is required.
Yet.

Kentin

that is true but maybe in later updates

Jameak

Adding any kind of children to a game where they can get killed messes with ratings boards. Hence why they are invulnerable in Fallout 3.

Johnny Masters

I miss fallout 1&2  :-\

So...Although i used to think that children weren't needed, the more rimworld drifts away from being a horde survival game and starts getting more attention to social interaction and simbuilding, the more i think they are.

As for kids being mortal (to differentiate from the need to kill them) you could always "pre-code" it, and make it unlockable through modding, or just easy to mod it, such as skyrim and fallout 3. As for how to deal with it in vanilla, just make kids non-targetable (and unable to carry guns), but they get instantly kidnapped when an enemy gets next to it. Surely our moral watchdogs shouldn't bitch about it as much. They still should be able to die from diseases and such tho

As for the other stuff, despite being put in such a shallow manner by OP: Transport should be a nice addition, it opens some balance issues but is not that far-fetched of an implement. You can already build complex machinery, surely some industrial-like vehicle is up to the tech level available. Anyway, it's still early to discuss vehicles i guess.

As for getting tired: Yeah, the game needs some sort of humanization ASAP (getting tired, work shifts, socialization, playing, chilling and idling, etc)

Its Spotlight

Along with transportation and negative work buffs they should have some type of wagon researchable, which could be pulled by horses or colonists (maybe motorized eventually), for transporting more with less strain. Cool ideas.

Jameak

What about some kind of rail car system where it acts like a stockpile once built and when full it whooshes away to deliver (aka dump) its goods to home base, then whooshes back to be refilled?