Clean Area

Started by Scotty, January 03, 2015, 01:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Ello all,
Right now i have a very messy blood splattered settlement.
Because my colonists are always busy and doing tasks i set them , they very rarely clean at all.

What would be nice is the ability to set an area for them to clean. Much like they do with hauling where you can just drag over an area. It saves having to do right click, clean here. or setting one colonist just to clean.

Kentin

Can't you just give cleaning priority 1 for 1 colonist ??

Scotty

Like i said, thats a pain to do.
I'd just like to beable to set an area to clean like you can with hauling

Kentin

ow , sorry.

You are right , they should implement that.

ousire

I'd like the ability to set cleaning /no cleaning regions like we can currently set home regions and roof/no roof regions. It's a pain in the rear when your colonists decide that the best place to clean is to go sweep the dirt in the woods where an animal died. I'd like to tell them to just not bother cleaning there while still leaving it in my home region, so it can be dirty yet they'll still bother to put out fires.

StorymasterQ

I thought colonists only clean inside the home zone? I've never heard them cleaning elsewhere...
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

christhekiller

Are you sure you didn't build anything out there? If you built something out there then it was set as a homezone and your colonists will go clean out there. It might also do that if you claimed something out there but I'm not entirely sure.

It's not really that difficult to set a guy to prioritize cleaning over everything else

Professor Cupcake

We... already have that?

It's called the Home Zone.

And you can prioritise cleaning tasks with the RMB menu.

Johnny Masters

Everyone knows that the best answer is cleaning bots.

Scotty

Quote from: Professor Cupcake on January 05, 2015, 04:36:39 PM
We... already have that?

It's called the Home Zone.

And you can prioritise cleaning tasks with the RMB menu.
Home zone does not make them clean. it just sets the area they will clean when they have nothing better to do.
The RMB option only cleans a single square

Johnny Masters

I've been dreaming of a force job override right-click option for a while, it's specially useful for cleaning and building walls fast. Basically you select one of your guys, right click the applicable work (a rock marked for mining, a wall marked for building, a dirty floor, etc) and you FORCE that little fucker to do that same kind of work for a while (say, half a day), instead of a single time, which gets really annoying really fast.

I suppose you could have a priority zone, similar to the one in banished. It's simple but it works. Basically you drag a zone that gets prioritized, then you can keep pulling those zones and you stack priorities until they are all done. Pretty useful to get one or two types of stuff done fast.

Both are viable and both should be implemented fast.

StorymasterQ

Sounds like drafting but for building/cleaning/growing/etc. So that they would continue to do what they're told to do until there's no more jobs left or they get too tired/hungry.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Johnny Masters

Basically, but we shouldn't need to keep watch, plus it defaults after a while. It's mainly to have something specific done, that should've only taken a couple of seconds, but because the way it works now you have to babysit your pawn, drafting and undrafting, pausing and unpausing, reworking your priorities over and over again and telling him to do the same thing for the bazillionest time, watching him waste your time as he cleans a spot and moves away to cook or something.

Not having to babysit a cleaning/hauling session for 30 seconds would already be a bliss.

Eleazar

Quote from: Johnny Masters on January 05, 2015, 07:11:49 PM
I've been dreaming of a force job override right-click option for a while, it's specially useful for cleaning and building walls fast. Basically you select one of your guys, right click the applicable work (a rock marked for mining, a wall marked for building, a dirty floor, etc) and you FORCE that little fucker to do that same kind of work for a while (say, half a day), instead of a single time, which gets really annoying really fast.

I imagine it working this way:  Instead of just having "Prioritized Job X" under the Right-Click, there would be a second option: "Prioritize all Job X in this area".  That should remove much of the babysitting involved in cleaning or whatever.  And of course, when a job has multiple stages, all of them should be prioritized.

But the home zone isn't quite right IMHO.  Unfortunately your home zone controls where the pawns fight fires, so if you don't want your fields or solar collectors to burn down, your home zone should include those areas -- but that usually a lot of extra ground to clean that leaves the home neglected.

Perhaps fields and other "outdoor" thing should be part of the "Fire Control Zone", which doesn't invoke cleaning, and the new "Home Zone" would by default just include indoor spaces.

Johnny Masters

The trick is home-zoning only the building, not the ground around. But every now and then you have to micro the zone to put out a fire, so the problem sustains...