[A10] Mining&Co.: Laser weapons (V10.0 29-04-2015)

Started by Rikiki, January 03, 2015, 05:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Mining&Co.: Laser weapons

Dear customers, some of you recently reported a bounce of pirate activity in the rim sector. Mining & Co. is always trying to get its customers happy and "A dead customer is a bad customer!".

• With our new alarm system, the alert speaker, you will never get cought sleeping in your bed during a pirate raid! (a light system is also provided for deaf people). => please see this thread
  • Once a threat has been detected, the Mining & Co. advanced laser weapons will tear it down quickly.

Features

Laser weapons are advanced weapons which fire laser beams. There are several kind of weapons:

• Laser rifle: standard rifle, medium rate of fire, medium damage, high range
  • Prism rifle: shock rifle, medium rate of fire, high damage, short range
  • Laser gatling: suppression weapon, medium rate of fire, low damage, high range
  • High precision lasgun: superior sniper rifle. Very long range, medium rate of fire, high damage and nearly perfect precision.

User manual

• Research the integrated circuits from the M&Co. Common mod.
  • Research the targeting module from the M&Co. Weapons mod.
  • Perform further research to unlock the different weapons.
  • Build the required parts at the security workbench.

Showroom

Security workbench and the crafted resources (targeting module, crysteel and weapon parts)...

... and a snapshot of the prism rifle 8)

Technical support

Mining & Co. is continuously trying to improving its product to raise its customers satisfaction.
Please leave us our feedback. Balancing cannot be done without you, loyal customer!

Next steps

• Rework of the heavy lasgun...
  • Balance improvements based on your feedbacks!

Changelog

V2.2
* Splitted M&Co. Security enforcement into M&Co. AlertSpeaker and M&Co. Weapons for easier maintainability.
* Rework on the high precision lasgun (no more custom warmup animation, traded perfect accuracy for a better firing rate), should no more be OP like in A7.

V2.1
* Basic laser weapons updated to Alpha 8.
* Small damage and research costs tweaks.

V9.0
* Alpha 9 update (decided to change the version number to reflect the current Alpha).
* Increased research costs to fit vanilla durations.
* High precision lasgun damage slightly decreased (30 -> 25).
* Be carefull: those high-tech weapons should be stored in a dry warehouse (no warranty is provided if left rusting under the rain ;))

V10.0
* Alpha 10 update
* Increased laser gattling shots per burst (20 -> 30)
* Added quality component as for vanilla guns.

Compatibility notes

Mining & Co. is trying to make its mods modular. However, you need the Mining & Co. Common mod.
You need to activate Common mod first:
- Activate M&Co. Common
- Then M&Co. Weapons

Credits

Weapons texture adapted from original ViperLol ideas. :)

Modders note

You may be interrested in the following features:

• Use of custom parameters
  • Dynamic textures drawing management (based on transparency)

License

You are free to get inspiration from this little work and include it in any other mod/modpack. Just put a link to this thread so people can use it as a standalone version too.
So this is basically licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.

Note to modpacker: not that I don't want to help, but I have very little time to mod/play so I may not be very fast to answer integration questions.

Download

Starting a new world/colony is NOT required!
M&Co.: Common V10.0
M&Co.: Common V10.0 source => for modders

M&Co.: Weapons V10.0
M&Co.: Weapons V10.0 source => for modders

popster99

just so you know lazers go straight through ed shields

Loki88

mrofa

Rikiki i got some wierd thing with this, when shooter is not in the screen i dont see the beam.
But im loving it btw, trying to get understand the code still thrugh ;p
All i do is clutter all around.

Rikiki

@popster99: I know, this is a limitation. :-[ It would be quite a lot of work to adapt the shield for it to stop laser beams.
However, for my defense, I can say the shield only stops matter, not electromagnetic waves. If it stopped also light, then it would be all dark in there! :P

@Loki88: yep, I found it fun to represent the diffraction through the prism like that! ;D

@mrofa: I know, this is a limitation of the game to optimize resources (this is how I see this anyway): it only displays the objects which position is within the screen (for example, there is no shadow if the mountain is not visible).
So laser beams are only displayed if their origin is on the screen.

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

popster99

Quote from: Rikiki on January 04, 2015, 03:22:04 PM
@popster99: I know, this is a limitation. :-[ It would be quite a lot of work to adapt the shield for it to stop laser beams.
However, for my defense, I can say the shield only stops matter, not electromagnetic waves. If it stopped also light, then it would be all dark in there! :P

@Loki88: yep, I found it fun to represent the diffraction through the prism like that! ;D

@mrofa: I know, this is a limitation of the game to optimize resources (this is how I see this anyway): it only displays the objects which position is within the screen (for example, there is no shadow if the mountain is not visible).
So laser beams are only displayed if their origin is on the screen.
aww i hate when pirates with lazer destroy me

Salfallen

i seem to be having some problems with this mod i can make up to the laser rifle and after that to make the prism rifle the crysteel component as soon as a pawn drops it into a stockpile it goes poof but i can watch them drop it off into the stockpile i can see them carrying it then it just completely gets erased.
so was wondering if u happen to know if this mod conflicts with any other mods?

Rikiki

@Salfallen: Huh, that is not a bug but I never experienced it. ???
The fact is that you have only a small chance to extract crysteel from plasteel (20 % if I remember correctly). So I use a mechanic where the recipe product is a crysteel spawner which has a small chance to spawn a crysteel and is then despawned.
To avoid this disagreement, use the "Drop on floor" option of the bill. This way you will not see the crysteel spawner.

Thanks for the report. :)

Salfallen

thank you so much for the quick reply thats great to know time to mass produce crysteel

jabbamonkey

I added some alternative textures on my graphic overhaul post.  (note: I didn't modify any of the weapons)

MechanoidHater

And now the time for an age-old question have come:

What about alpha 11 update?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: MechanoidHater on August 02, 2015, 08:55:56 AM
And now the time for an age-old question have come:

What about alpha 11 update?
Well mechanoid hater i do believe we have an issue. As you can see i am the Hivemind of the mechanoids. I control all of them.

But yes A11??
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.