[MOD](Alpha 8e) Trade Everything (1.0)

Started by Anduin1357, January 03, 2015, 03:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Nutrient Paste be added to Bulk Trader?

Yes
15 (41.7%)
No
21 (58.3%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: January 10, 2015, 05:02:06 PM

Anduin1357

Trade Everything!
Adds a simple modification that allows everything vanilla to be traded.
Post here if I missed anything, thanks!
Note to those skeptical about why you need this:
When your wood runs out in winter, who is gonna save you from the cold?
When you have a reactor you want to urgently get online, would you rely on random chance for it?
(Should you have any conflicts with this mod, load this last.)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Igabod

So this makes all traders buy and sell everything? Seems a bit cheaty to me but I'm not knocking the mod or anything. Does it make meat sell-able and buy-able too? I tried to do that a while back but failed. Didn't try too hard though.

My one suggestion would be to not modify all the traders, but instead make a new trader that buys and sells absolutely everything and has a fair amount of money on him (less than exotic goods but more than everybody else) and make that trader more common than the other traders. This would reduce the number of mods that this one conflicts with and be just a little less cheaty.

Loki88

Quote from: Igabod on January 03, 2015, 04:13:32 PM
So this makes all traders buy and sell everything? Seems a bit cheaty to me but I'm not knocking the mod or anything. Does it make meat sell-able and buy-able too? I tried to do that a while back but failed. Didn't try too hard though.

My one suggestion would be to not modify all the traders, but instead make a new trader that buys and sells absolutely everything and has a fair amount of money on him (less than exotic goods but more than everybody else) and make that trader more common than the other traders. This would reduce the number of mods that this one conflicts with and be just a little less cheaty.

Local traders in haplo's miscellaneous mod buy meat (human meat at least, it was all that I wanted to sell at the time, and yes I'm a horrible person but those raiders may as well make me some money for the trouble they cause!)

Anduin1357

Quote from: Igabod on January 03, 2015, 04:13:32 PM

It only deals in resources, not meat :D
Nobody would buy meat for whatever reason, they have all the supplies they need anyway.
1000 year old meat anyone?

Aporatael

I think you should make it so that traders buy and sell everything, but they all buy and sell at different prices. Like the combat suppler sells weapons for much cheaper than other traders. So everyone buys and sells everything, but not always at a good price.

Anduin1357

There's that balance issue in which I don't want to tread too much upon.
Perhaps you may have a list of changes for consideration?