[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popster99

katacirk I think the problem with the ai may have been that it landed inside of a giant cave in a mountian

Katavrik

Update mod to V 1.10.
Recent changes:
- This mod can now work as a scenarion for EdB scenario Mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=9000.0). There are two scenarios:
   - Easy. Works as ordinary.
   - Hard. Starting with random colonists, that crashlanded like all others.
- This mod can work alone, as it was earlie. But no crashlanding for starting colonists.
- Reactor still very dangerous, but get a new feature: It produces power! You can connect crashed reactor to your power net and get free energy. Of course, for a price of safety. Dont forget to remove home zone in the radiated area. And be on guard, if your colonists decide to walk near reactor.
- Various balance tweaks
- Not more than one AI Core and one reactor in single event.
- Rain is now blocked only for starting Crashlanding Event, bun not for random one.

It should be capatible with old savegames.

HBKRKO619

Thank you to have "combine" your mod with EDB's one :)

popster99

kenobi87

I really enjoy the mod but is it possible to have a version that only has the initial landing event and not have it show up throughout the game randomly? The reason I ask is I like the initial landing because of the panic and trying to save what you can but the event popping up later can be easily handled which leads to hoards of good stuff every time the event pops up.

Also not sure but I imagined that after the initial crash that the random events would be like one part at a time but it repeated the entire sequence (like 4-6 ship parts of stuff) again and I got like hoards of food and power armor :[ which is the reason im posting here lol its nice and all but I like my games to go a little slower yknow?

Katavrik

Quote from: kenobi87 on January 05, 2015, 02:17:17 PM
I really enjoy the mod but is it possible to have a version that only has the initial landing event and not have it show up throughout the game randomly? The reason I ask is I like the initial landing because of the panic and trying to save what you can but the event popping up later can be easily handled which leads to hoards of good stuff every time the event pops up.

Also not sure but I imagined that after the initial crash that the random events would be like one part at a time but it repeated the entire sequence (like 4-6 ship parts of stuff) again and I got like hoards of food and power armor :[ which is the reason im posting here lol its nice and all but I like my games to go a little slower yknow?

You can disable it manually, its simple. Open mods folder and go to CrashLanding\Defs\IncidentDefs. Open Incidents_CrashLanding_Main.xml and set the chance to 0 (<chance>1</chance> -> <chance>0</chance>). It will not shown randomly any more, only at start.

eyj123

Is there a way to enable rain during the first crash?  Thanks :)

Katavrik

Quote from: eyj123 on January 06, 2015, 07:39:39 AM

Oh that rain...
I've made a download link, on the first page, to the mod variant without rain blocking.

eyj123

Quote from: Katavrik on January 06, 2015, 08:49:32 AM
Quote from: eyj123 on January 06, 2015, 07:39:39 AM
Thank you very much sir!

Oh that rain...
I've made a download link, on the first page, to the mod variant without rain blocking.

Epyk

Love the mod!
I think I'd rather make it out with with no survivors or gear. Just the fantastic intro is enough for me.

I hope I'm not a bother, but can you teach me how to remove the radiation thing/event? I'm not a huge fan of it.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Epyk

Quote from: Epyk on January 07, 2015, 05:32:50 AM
Love the mod!
I think I'd rather make it out with with no gear and all survivors dead except a few so I don't end up with so many. Just the fantastic intro is enough for me.

I hope I'm not a bother, but can you teach me how to remove the radiation thing/event? I'm not a huge fan of it.

Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

Katavrik

Quote from: Epyk on January 07, 2015, 05:32:50 AM
Love the mod!
I think I'd rather make it out with with no survivors or gear. Just the fantastic intro is enough for me.

You can change it in xml. Go to mods foldier, then CrashLanding\Defs\ThingDefs\. Open buildings_shipParts.xml it contains reactor ThingDef.
If you raplace

<thingClass>CrashLanding.Building_CrashedShipReactor</thingClass>

with

<thingClass>Building</thingClass>

the reactor will stop emiting radiation. But still produce power. You can remove power production by deleting

<comps>
      <li>
        <compClass>CompPowerTrader</compClass>
        <basePowerConsumption>-4000</basePowerConsumption>
        <transmitsPower>true</transmitsPower>
      </li>
    </comps>

So it become just building that do nothing.

You can also replace an event. Go to CrashLanding\Defs\IncidentDefs\Incidents_CrashParts.xml. Find <defName>ShipReactorCrashIncident</defName>. And replace a string below it

<workerClass>CrashLanding.IncidentWorker_ShipReactorCrash</workerClass>

with (for example)

<workerClass>CrashLanding.IncidentWorker_ShipEngineCrash</workerClass>

It will make the ship engine crash instead of ship reactor.
I think this examples will be enough for you, to start experiments with building parameters and events.

JoeysLucky22

This mod is AMAZING! I do have to agree with one gripe though.

As Katavrik said, having multiple "intro crashes" kind of ruins the survival experience.
I survived about 30 days after the initial impact and was shocked to see another crazy amount of impacts coming in. Having two crashed reactors on a small map really sucks too.

I made some really quick images for the EdB Scenarios Mod (put in \Mods\CrashLanding\textures) if anyone else is interested:

(Easy)
(Hard)