[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fregrant

Not sure how to fix, but I have now two buildable batteries. "Battery" and "Crashed battery".

Katavrik

Updated for A17:
- No new content or features.
- Crashed Battery no longer appear in build menu.

notfood

My favorite mod from many alphas! Thank you for the speedy update!

Rimworld feels too easy without the randomess that comes with a true crash landing, no starting items game.

Katavrik

Found a bug: Game crashes when you migrate to new location. Its a CrashLanding bug.

I need more time to find out how to fix it.

notfood

By the way, I'm getting these in my logs:

Config error in RandomShipCrashIncident: category is undefined.
(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Config error in CryptoSleepBlockCrashIncident: category is undefined.
(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Config error in SimpleShipPartCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in FoodCargoContainerCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in ResourcesCargoContainerCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in MedicineCargoContainerCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in ContrabandCargoContainerCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in ArtCargoContainerCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in FurnitureCargoContainerCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in ApparelCargoContainerCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in MixedCargoContainerCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in WeaponSafeCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in ShipEngineCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in ShipReactorCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in ShipAICoreIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in AnimalPensCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in AnimalPensDomesticCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in AlienNestCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in PrisonBlockCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in ProductionModuleCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in HighTechModuleCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in NutrientDispenserCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in BatteriesModuleCrashIncident: category is undefined.

Config error in CryptoSleepBlockCrashIncident_Starting: category is undefined.

Seems the incident category is missing.

Katavrik

Quote from: Katavrik on May 26, 2017, 02:03:37 AM
Found a bug: Game crashes when you migrate to new location. Its a CrashLanding bug.

Fixed V 10.01.
Savegame compatible with V 10.00

notfood

With the new AI, if an infestated pod falls it's game over, their pods burn and they will chase everyone in the map. You can't avoid them and leave them on their own anymore.

Katavrik

Quote from: notfood on May 26, 2017, 07:53:29 PM
With the new AI, if an infestated pod falls it's game over, their pods burn and they will chase everyone in the map. You can't avoid them and leave them on their own anymore.

Thanks for info. I made new update, where this part has been disabled.
You can still use Alien nest crash from Developers tools or in Templates, but it is no more Alien Nest in the starting event by default.

Savegame compatible with V 10.**.

Modo44

I think the fires everywhere are a bit too much. It's OK to have a challenge, but too many early drops become completely unusable because it just becomes a wall of fire.

In a similar vain, the reactor crash will basically kill a colony if it falls too close to a sensible base location. It's not fun when colonists drop like flies in a large radius. This would be especially deadly on the standard map size.

notfood

You are crashing on jungle or somewhere with lots of trees. It's about saving what you can from the fires. Pack a fire extinguisher if you feel unable to fight fire.

The reactor crash is challenging, if you got a pawn with construction above 5 you can deconstruct fast enough to save everyone. Alternatively, shoot at it with everyone. I feel it's just right. Any smaller and it'll get ignored or can be shot easily without any danger. It's not that big area. Sometimes if it's out of the way I just ignore it.

Modo44

My point is, it's not realistic for literally every crashed item to burn. You watched too many meteor movies.

Katavrik

V 10.03 Recompiled for new game version. Nothing changes.

AUSGrizzly

Quote from: Modo44 on June 04, 2017, 03:35:14 AM
My point is, it's not realistic for literally every crashed item to burn. You watched too many meteor movies.
I agree with this point, and even movies crashes don't result in EVERY INCH of the surrounding area going up in flames.

Its hard to beat back a fire when all you have is 2 Pawns that are able to move around and he is too busy making sure that no one is bleeding to death or heaven forbid, get an infection.

I myself am turning back on the rain on heavy fires, but gonna play around with the time delay of both the rain and the dropping of the parts. See if that changes anything.

RetPaladinlol

This adds a whole new level of challenge to rimworld and the event is really well done. I love it!!

Headshotkill

Quote from: Modo44 on June 04, 2017, 03:35:14 AM

Meh, depends on what you mean, it's true cars don't explode when they crash in a ravine contrary to hollywood, but watching airplane crashes they almost always go up in a firebal unless fuel is dumped before.

The unrealistic thing is the flamability of a forest in rimworld, forest only burn that much if they're very dry like in summer spain or something.