[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavrik

Quote from: BetaSpectre on March 12, 2015, 09:35:10 AM
Quote from: Katavrik on March 12, 2015, 07:50:35 AM
Quote from: BetaSpectre on March 12, 2015, 01:36:04 AM
I can't seem to find how to disable hard mode. My colonists keep ALL dying before I can do squat.
Can you find CrashLanding\Defs\OptionDefs\CrashLanding_Options.xml in your mods foldier?
There you should replace <isHard>true</isHard> to <isHard>false</isHard>.
Or you do this and it does not work?
Thanks for the reply I didn't think that the latest updates would have that info. IMO I think even hard mode should have at least one colonist that can't be killed unless the player wants a good laugh that everyone just died from the crash xD,

Even one colonist did not guarantee survival. From my expirience there should be at least two or three colonists. That is more look like easy mode, when you get three healthy colonists.
I think EdB Prepare Carefully and easy mode version of crashLanding copatible with it can give you tools to set the perfect game start. For example you can set only one colonist in Prepare carefully and use easy mode.

hyperpeople

I really like your mod and the idea, but I think it is a bit unbalanced since nearly all goods will be destroyed by the fire and the half map is on fire. I think it would be better if you dont set fire after every crash landing, maybe only after the ones without goods spawned from or the shipparts. Also I assume that not letting a ship reactor spawn, because the radiation is extremly overpowered. A colonist who only gets in his radiation range to deconstruct it was at >70% Radiation. Rather let a crypto spawn, maybe with things in it like normal on the map.

BTW, I think it came from you mod, my save data was all f*cked up, but im not sure ;)
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 25, 2015, 02:15:46 PM
Its really weird to hear of a colony that isn't run like Auschwitz and selling human leather for a living.

BetaSpectre

IMO easy mode should be more or less the default with possible rain.
Because even in easy mode ALL of your colonists could still possibly die. With a few crashed ships here or some radiation there.

If players prefer hard mode they should set it like how I set easy mode. If there's a poll then you can see if some people prefer one over the other.

Its a nice mod, and as long as its updated I think I'll keep using it. I'd use hardmode...but its too random. Infections there, bleeding here. ETC.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

tresflores

hey on my rimworld game the bad engine block and prison due not actually spawn when i get the event am i missing something

Javis

You know what I think would be really cool?  Make a radsuit that's researchable, takes a lot of research, maybe uses up a good number of resources, or is available for trade for a rare chance.  The suit itself could block maybe 50% radiation- going into the radius is still dangerous, but it can give your colonists an edge.

Just an idea :)

Edit:  Also, it occurred to me that plants (and grass) should realistically die within the radius of the reactor as well.  And perhaps items that sit too long in the radius should deteriorate faster?

Fansibubbles

Just had my first crash with the Superior Crafting Mod! Five pawns survived initially, but two died from infection because I didn't have any medical supplies. The only Crafter is missing an arm and the only supplies we salvaged is a sniper rifle, assault rifle and a few bits of armour. There were a few explosions later on when I forgot to store some of the Shells that had landed but thankfully no one was hurt and while everyone had to live on potatoes and raw meat for a while, they didn't die.

A real rough start and a few mental breaks until we could bury all the dead but I've just about recovered and am hoping I can survive long enough to make some medicine. Great mod! Gives a real intense start to the game.

drakulux

I play with quite a decent modset, over 100 mods, and I run this on easy mode with rain disabled. SOme times you have to think of it this way, Your colonists have to fight some fires . This way you get to save just the right amount of supplies, and the late rains allow enough challenge. Simply add home zones to areas you want to be able to fight the fire to try and save resources.

Fansibubbles

Way I see it you get a lot of free stuff rained on you, it's up to you how many people you want to spare from the first aid station to quickly snatch equipment out of the fire as fighting it all simply isn't reasonable.

I set up stockpiles near the dropped medicine or food packages and micro a pawn to nab it before it all burns.

drakulux

If you do not fight some of the fires before they spread then you can only blame yourselves when it gets our of control. I play on easy mode with rain turned off,I build my main team of three and in the end i save around 3-5 colonists most of the time, I also usually save the batteries, quite abit of food,supplies, enough for about a few days to a week, enough to set up some small production chains.

Dont try to fight all the fire, add areas smartly and send colonists to firefight these areas while some haul other valuables to the stockile.Always take meicine first as it is very well needed. set up some mats to rescue colonists to.

NaSpioard

Any chance in an A10 update to this mod? I had it going in A9 with EDb Prepare Carefully and I must say this mod really made me look forward to the first night of a new colony!

Katavrik

Quote from: NaSpioard on April 21, 2015, 05:13:16 PM
Any chance in an A10 update to this mod? I had it going in A9 with EDb Prepare Carefully and I must say this mod really made me look forward to the first night of a new colony!
I will return to work on this mod at the start of the next weekend. A10 update will be released near the 28 april.

Katavrik

Version 3.00 released:
- Updated to Alpha 10.
- Reworked radiation damage. It become a staged injury.
- Still not compatible with EdB Prepare Carefully :(. There is a special link, to a compatible version, but only for easy mode.

NihilRex

Quote from: Katavrik on April 28, 2015, 03:54:24 AM
Version 3.00 released:
- Updated to Alpha 10.
- Reworked radiation damage. It become a staged injury.
- Still not compatible with EdB Prepare Carefully :(. There is a special link, to a compatible version, but only for easy mode.

On linux, I get graphics issues and the crash notification textboxes have weird names.

Video linked.

https://youtu.be/Gbdxek_uvNc

f0xh0und696

is this compatibe with superior cafting, if not is there a way to make it so, it would make for a perfect match with this mod.
PLZ