[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavrik

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on May 02, 2015, 10:35:40 PM
Quote from: Katavrik on May 02, 2015, 06:13:20 AM
Quote from: arigon2001 on May 02, 2015, 01:52:25 AM
Overall I really enjoy this mod. With that being said I do have one request / comment. Since I use the careful planning and the compatible version of your mod with it, is it possible to simply allow my colonists to land normally (vanilla style) and then continue other parts of the ship / other potentials to fall as intended in your mod? I say this because I've started 3 different games, of which the 1st one, everyone dies. The 2nd one, I had one survivor but none of my main players, thus it gave me the option to end the game or continue on (which made the game basically over again).
The 3rd time, I had the same thing happen. It's just way to much to start a game like that with next to zero survivors, let alone any of your starting colonists. lol

Just wanted to know if there was any room for side updates / changes to help out a little more. Ultimately, I just deactivated your mod upon landing to force the vanilla style and then reactivated your mod after the landing with the hopes it will still fire off from time to time. Thanks again for a really cool mod and cheers!
There is optionDef directory in the mod dir. The xml file there contains some mod options. The option <isHard> controls excactly what you want. You need to change it to:
     <isHard>false</isHard>
and launch the game. Your starting colonists will arrive safely, while other will crash land.
Would it be possible to put a hard version down because i dont know how to save it once i changed it. I must not have the right tools for that kinda editing
Try this file (see attachment). Just replace the old one.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ihatetheinternet

I dont like that 90% of my people die at the start

Mechanoid Hivemind

Well this may have been addressed else where but is it possible to make the ship crashing even happen randomly?
Like an event note saying
A local distress call from a near by trade ship has been detected it has lost all power and is coming down on top of us. Be at the ready to pick up supplies and personnel from the incoming ship

Or maybe like in the mimini's mod
~~~~~~help~~~~~~lost power~~~~~~~gravity stabilizers failing~~~~~~~~ need help~~~~~~crashing iminent~~~~~

etc etc etc.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Katavrik

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on May 07, 2015, 11:59:36 PM
Well this may have been addressed else where but is it possible to make the ship crashing even happen randomly?
Like an event note saying
A local distress call from a near by trade ship has been detected it has lost all power and is coming down on top of us. Be at the ready to pick up supplies and personnel from the incoming ship

Or maybe like in the mimini's mod
~~~~~~help~~~~~~lost power~~~~~~~gravity stabilizers failing~~~~~~~~ need help~~~~~~crashing iminent~~~~~

etc etc etc.

It is easy enough: Go to mod foldier, then find defs\incidentDefs\Incidents_CrashLanding_Main.xml
And replace it with attached file.
This event is disabled in current version due to the bug, that i does not fix yet. Starting event does not write to the events history, and the random ship crash may occur right after the starting ship crash inspite of minimal event delay.

[attachment deleted due to age]

serveral

Is there a way to change the interval at which pirate/enemy raids and animals going crazy happen? I know that the prepare carefully version is for easy mode only but I don't really care if they keep attacking me with shoddy weapons or sticks and daggers but i'd really like for the raids to happen more often, instead of just once a year or something like that now that my colony pretty much at the late game stage

mastercluff

i have a quick question. will the irradiated zone ever dissappear? (i have not tested yet, just curious)

pajok

Hi!

I tested with  "Hardcore SK Global modpack 1.4" and have to say ,this mod is AMAZING!!!
Hard choices ,random beginning ,huge immersion.
Sometimes left 3 people (2 with extreme rad poisoned) sometime 8 with 2 legless.
I played with one colonist and i had:
-Falling wreck kill
-Radiation kill
-saving another survivor and bleed out both
-raging colonist
-insane animal attack
Liked the radiated ship reactor (falling in the middle of the map)
I readed, not everybody like, but please keep the reactor (hardcore version or....something)

Nice work!  Thank you!

Adamiks

I would like to see patch for Industrialisation, because for now hazmat suit doesn't work for radiation heddiff in this mod.

dokidoki

so will not be compatible with some mod like sc mod that have the shells for defence?

Katavrik

Quote from: Adamiks on June 01, 2015, 08:05:45 AM
I would like to see patch for Industrialisation, because for now hazmat suit doesn't work for radiation heddiff in this mod.
Request accepted. But you neet to wait some time until i implement them. It is easy enough, but i am very lazy.

Quote from: dokidoki on June 01, 2015, 11:53:40 AM
so will not be compatible with some mod like sc mod that have the shells for defence?
There is a possibility of a conflict. But if you load sc after crashlanding (using mod Order for example), then sc will work fine, and crashLanding will only lose feature of its exploding shells.

Adamiks

You can have main "patch".

But it's very "raw", i used system from Industralisation (damage-like, not infection-like radiation).

EDIT:
I forgot about hazmat suit in this zip (because i have hazmat suit from Industralisation), so you will need copy it by yourself, sorry :D

dokidoki

for my mod order...sc is before the crashlanding, and still working. i get shake by first time using this mod. its awsome. but after look like the space refugee still like the old time, not crash landed space refugee. i have a question about, crash landing is only the begin or when doing the game still will have crash from the sky?

Katavrik

Quote from: dokidoki on June 02, 2015, 11:15:23 AM
for my mod order...sc is before the crashlanding, and still working. i get shake by first time using this mod. its awsome. but after look like the space refugee still like the old time, not crash landed space refugee. i have a question about, crash landing is only the begin or when doing the game still will have crash from the sky?

Not sure that i understand your question, but i will answer. Random event of a ship crash, similar to the starting one, is disabled for now. Because it has a small bug, and i dont research Rimworld enough to fix it.

Kulko

Update coming for Alpha 11? Is the old version compatible? I hate starting over without Crash Landing, makes the game seem boring

Katavrik

Quote from: Kulko on June 12, 2015, 12:34:54 PM
Update coming for Alpha 11? Is the old version compatible? I hate starting over without Crash Landing, makes the game seem boring
I will update crash landing to alpha 11 during this monday or tuesday.