[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katavrik

Updated to Version 4.00
- Updated to Alpha 11.
- No new content. Just update A10 version to A11.
- Deleted shell modifications. They are become vanila.

---- Edit
Some mistakes were made. Fixed download links. If you download V4.00 before this edit, please redownload it from a new link on the title post.

---- Edit 2
Updated to Version 4.01
- Fix a small bug that makes mod completly brocken.
- Lets hope i am not confuse with anything else.

thefinn

Interesting mod, for me it spawns way too many people though.

Like I just started and got 9 colonists... that's not even including the ones I could probably save that are laying on the ground.

Grynnreaper

Wonderful if you like things exploding and falling out of the sky at you, then there is the damaged reactor that landed right where all my peeps were and gave us all toenail cancer.
I hate it, but I can't seem to stop using it... its exciting

Pathing

Great! It is just what I am looking for!
It is time for Crash mod + hard now + toxic + volcano + cold snap on flat terrain.
I am going to try it out now  ;D
Steel is food. Steel is defense. Steel is weapon.
Steel is RimWorld.

Grynnreaper

Quote from: Pathing on June 16, 2015, 04:23:03 PM
Great! It is just what I am looking for!
It is time for Crash mod + hard now + toxic + volcano + cold snap on flat terrain.
I am going to try it out now  ;D

Good god you mad bastard! You'll destroy us all!

Katavrik

Updated to version 4.10.
Radiation update:
- Reactor has a button that creates an allow area outside of the danger zone.
- Apparel now protects from radiation:
   - Any apparel give some protection based on covered body parts. Torso +20%, legs +10%, head and ears +10%, eyes +10%, but full head gives you +50% total. That mean full power armor gives you 80%.
   - This system can work with any apparel mods, for example: gas mask from Apparello mod give you +50% since it cover full head, hazard suit from industrialization mod gives you 80%.
   - This system is not very realistic, but it works with any mod.
- Reactor's radiation now damages plants, certain equipment and terrain.
- New terrain type - wasteland. It is non fertile land, that is slowly generated by reactor.
- Added ammo container, that appear after weapon deck crash. While on fire it will constantly explode with the rain of shells in a large radius. It works as old custom shells, that were removed in V4.0.

Katavrik

Updated to version 4.20:
- Ship parts now randomly rotated during fall and have a smoke trail.
- New ship part: Art gallery
- Additional options added to optionDef: dangeroustPartsChanceMultiplier, crashlandedPawnsDamage, crashlandedStartColonistsDamage, colonistPerBlockCount. See optionDef.xml for more description.
- Adjusted item generation and prisoners.
- Wasteland texture adjusted.
- Radiation state shows lethal percent.
- Radiation damages worn apparel.

EDIT: V4.21:
- Wasteland appear speed was increased in the previous update. Not it is returned to normal.

Headshotkill

I have only one thing to say:

HOLY SHIT THIS MOD IS FLIPPING AWESOME!

Besides that I think with the easy and hard mode a medium mode could be introduced, in this mode the 3 starting colonists would crash down in a special emergency shuttle that has better armor than a cryptosleep casket and thus they would have more chance of surviving the initial crash. The only thing is that I don't even know wether I'd play it on medium cause hard is really fun already!

And also maybe make some parts fall out of the sky at the same time instead of a string of debris crashing down, may create some more chaos but I don't know anything of modding and don't even know wether it's possible.

akiceabear

I can't believe I missed this earlier. Just played my first start with this and immediately had to replay it because it was so amazing. It's hard to imagine going back to the sissy escape pod approach :)

Extremely happy with this mod - it's perfect as is, but if you can make it better that would be epic!

Katavrik

Updated to version 4.30. This version makes mod complated. I.e. there will be no major updated in near futere. Of course there will be fixes and updated to the newer version of rimworld. Current changes:
- Added new random crashes... It is not what you thinking about. It is a new event, that can happen during the game, when different small spaceships crashlands near your colony.
- Reworked parts generation algorithm.
- Created templates for crashlanding events. Templates are used for parts generation and located in CrashLanding\defs\CrashTemplateDefs\. You can now adjust, how parts are generated in starting event and random events, and even add your own templates for random crash events. See description in corresponding xml files.
- Added a new ship part: Trade goods container - it contains a mixed type of goods.
- New option in OptionDefs: partsTimeDelayMultiplier - controls the time delay between ship's parts falling.
- Old option is removed: dangeroustPartsChanceMultiplier - since there are crashTemplates, and this option is not needed anymore.
- Removed all vanila replacements except MapGeneration. This will lower the chances of mods incompatibility.
- Reduced the crash damage to starting colonists. You should now have a capable colonist at the game start, however it is still random. It is a necessary measure, because a new generation algorithm is truly random, and the next cryptosleep block can only fall at the end of crashlanding event.
- Prisoners and crashlanded pirates are now attack colony.
- Various minor adjustments. See full update log for details.

Quote from: Headshotkill on June 28, 2015, 04:15:47 AM
And also maybe make some parts fall out of the sky at the same time instead of a string of debris crashing down, may create some more chaos but I don't know anything of modding and don't even know wether it's possible.
I have added special option in \CrashLanding\Defs\OptionDefs\CrashLanding_Options.xml that controls the time delay between parts falling. Look at this file for more info.

Headshotkill

picollo

Quote from: Headshotkill on June 28, 2015, 04:15:47 AM

Besides that I think with the easy and hard mode a medium mode could be introduced, in this mode the 3 starting colonists would crash down in a special emergency shuttle that has better armor than a cryptosleep casket and thus they would have more chance of surviving the initial crash. The only thing is that I don't even know wether I'd play it on medium cause hard is really fun already!

You can configure this "medium mode" by yourself. In fact I've did it for myself. You have parameters to set dmg applied to your starting colonists, and to every other colonist that may crashland. If I remember correctly, it was set to something like 50 in both cases. I've changed starting colonists damage to 25, and it makes starting crash challenging, but colonists have chances of survving.

Kyos

I kinda want to see whole ship segments, with rooms and power-lines and interior lamps, (though in obvious broken states (and evenmoreso when they come to a dead stop)) come smashing into the colony, so I can set up camp inside the burnt out hulk of a cargo freighter's hold. :D

ahsifs

Hey All, im having a problem when trying to craft my cook stove! For the life of me i cant figure out how to get Plastic OR Rubber?! can some one please tell me where im supposed to craft Plastic and Rubber?!
THANKS!

skyarkhangel