[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mokonasakura

Played on hard mode, 10 seconds in, there where no survivors. This game suck I want my money back@ That said having a small delay letting you know where the ship is going to fall before it actually begins would be nice. Lose a lot of people just because you cant respond in time right now.

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: mokonasakura on July 23, 2015, 05:54:04 PM
Played on hard mode, 10 seconds in, there were* no survivors. This game sucks* I want my money back@ That said having a small delay letting you know where the ship is going to fall before it actually begins would be nice. Lose a lot of people just because you can't* respond in time right now.
Why can't you pause the game, and repeatedly pause and play to get the survivors out of the crash zone? And also this mod doesn't cost money, and if you want your money back for Rimworld, email Tynan or find it on ludeon.com
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

Mechanoid Hivemind

LARGE lag spikes when zooming out all the way. Like no playing kinda lag :( How do i fix this?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Katavrik

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on July 25, 2015, 04:24:41 AM
LARGE lag spikes when zooming out all the way. Like no playing kinda lag :( How do i fix this?
It might happen, when majority of the map is on fire. Too many fires can cause lags. Original game trying to prevent such situations, but this mod do opposite.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Katavrik on July 26, 2015, 11:34:51 PM
It might happen, when majority of the map is on fire. Too many fires can cause lags. Original game trying to prevent such situations, but this mod do opposite.
This is before you land the ships crash down and there is a load of lag if you zoom out even if its paused. No fire nothing
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Katavrik

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on July 27, 2015, 10:02:34 AM
Quote from: Katavrik on July 26, 2015, 11:34:51 PM
This is before you land the ships crash down and there is a load of lag if you zoom out even if its paused. No fire nothing
Unfortunately, i dont know what might cause your lags. Sorry.

Goinbout99

I love the mod, it adds a lot more detail to the game let alone the beginning, however, I can't get past the beginning of the game because my people die of infection(s), I'm sure if you were to get lucky enough you could get a medical bay with some medicine, but I think it would be really cool if your people started out with some medicine. Anyways, great mod! I love it, fun to play with. :)

Katavrik

Quote from: Goinbout99 on August 02, 2015, 03:07:15 AM
I love the mod, it adds a lot more detail to the game let alone the beginning, however, I can't get past the beginning of the game because my people die of infection(s), I'm sure if you were to get lucky enough you could get a medical bay with some medicine, but I think it would be really cool if your people started out with some medicine. Anyways, great mod! I love it, fun to play with. :)
I dont want to change entire mod, but there is a xml files that you can edit by yourself.
For example you can add a guaranteed medical bay in parts generation in the
   CrashLanding\Defs\CrashTemplateDefs\StartingCrashTemplates.xml
find:

<li>
<partEventDef>MedicineCargoContainerCrashIncident</partEventDef>
<partsCount>0</partsCount>
</li>

and repalce it with:

<li>
<partEventDef>MedicineCargoContainerCrashIncident</partEventDef>
<partsCount>1</partsCount>
</li>

You will now always have at least 1 medicine container part during your crash landing.

FunGamer

SilverTitch

Quote from: FunGamer on August 05, 2015, 11:47:47 AM
how do u set it to easy instead of hard

I struggled with this so i'll step by step as best i can.
1. open rimworld folder
2. open mods folder
3. open crash land folder
4. open defs folder
5. open optiondef folder
6. open crashlanding_options notepad
7. 6 lines down you'll see "<!-- <modeIsHard> blah blah blah. (this is section you need)
8. 3 more lines you'll see "<modeIsHard>true</modeIsHard>
9. replace "true" with "false"

GL mate, and may Rimworld drive you as crazy as it drives the rest of us!

remember to close and re-open game to make sure changes have taken effect. you might need to create new world and colony am not sure.

><

FunGamer

Quote from: SilverTitch on August 05, 2015, 10:10:14 PM
Quote from: FunGamer on August 05, 2015, 11:47:47 AM
how do u set it to easy instead of hard

I struggled with this so i'll step by step as best i can.
1. open rimworld folder
2. open mods folder
3. open crash land folder
4. open defs folder
5. open optiondef folder
6. open crashlanding_options notepad
7. 6 lines down you'll see "<!-- <modeIsHard> blah blah blah. (this is section you need)
8. 3 more lines you'll see "<modeIsHard>true</modeIsHard>
9. replace "true" with "false"

GL mate, and may Rimworld drive you as crazy as it drives the rest of us!

remember to close and re-open game to make sure changes have taken effect. you might need to create new world and colony am not sure.

><

thank you

zenfur

Can I somewhere adjust this event's frequency to prevent ship raining? I'd like to make it as rare as volcanic winter or toxic fallout.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Mr.Cross

Quote from: zenfur on August 07, 2015, 06:15:05 PM-Snippets of this guys sentance-

Correct me if I'm wrong but this takes place of all the crash landing supplies. I'm unsure how you can make the entire thing rare, but I do know how you can make certain things rarer than other things. I think...
Claims to know most things.

foopex

Love this mod, makes the start feel intense.  Makes me think of the Lost tv show pilot.  Added to the ultimate pack and removed prepare carefully so I could use hard mode.

Katavrik

Quote from: zenfur on August 07, 2015, 06:15:05 PM
Can I somewhere adjust this event's frequency to prevent ship raining? I'd like to make it as rare as volcanic winter or toxic fallout.
You need to change the event chance in the
CrashLanding\Defs\IncidentDefs\Incidents_CrashLanding_Main.xml
Find

<IncidentDef>
    <defName>RandomShipCrashIncident</defName>
    <workerClass>CrashLanding.IncidentWorker_EventRandomShipCrash</workerClass>
    <chance>5.0</chance>
    <minRefireDays>30</minRefireDays>
  </IncidentDef>

and adjust <chance> value.
For example, if you want random crashes to appear twice rarer than before, reduce this value by half:

<IncidentDef>
    <defName>RandomShipCrashIncident</defName>
    <workerClass>CrashLanding.IncidentWorker_EventRandomShipCrash</workerClass>
    <chance>2.5</chance>
    <minRefireDays>30</minRefireDays>
  </IncidentDef>