[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathenaut

I liked this in prior alphas. Look forward to trying this in my next game.

kosh401

Quote from: notfood on April 25, 2016, 03:20:34 PM

Linux user here.

I tried Crash Landing Compatible with EDB Prepare Carefully with no success.

If PC is loaded first CL doesn't do anything.
If PC is loaded after CL, the message of the crash appears but no crash happens. I waited a very long time.

Manually spawning the events doesn't work either, it says Unimplemented Incident CrashLanding.IncidentWorker_*.

Thanks for updating for A13, but I can confirm this problem (not Linux here). Only difference is I'm not seeing the crash landing message regardless of whether CL is above or below PC in the mod order.

I also tried forcing the events and got the attached error.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

notfood

The message is the one of the briefing, it changes the default when CL is below. The alerts never come.

Katavrik

I am sorry, but its my fault. I forgot to recompile dll for PC variant. The link to EdB Prepare Carefully compatible variant is updated. You need to redownload it. It is not a new version, i just put all components in right place.

As for Korn.Mil
Quote from: Korn.Mil on April 25, 2016, 01:07:18 PM
This mod is simply amazing! I just installed it and already tested. But with each crash event i getting errors, take a look at them
(image)
I dont know why is this happen. If you use Prepare Carefully compatible variant, try to redownload it. If not, or it does not help, I need to know the exact list of mods you use. So i will search for incompatibilities.

Korn.Mil

Quote from: Katavrik on April 26, 2016, 12:20:12 AM
I am sorry, but its my fault. I forgot to recompile dll for PC variant. The link to EdB Prepare Carefully compatible variant is updated. You need to redownload it. It is not a new version, i just put all components in right place.

As for Korn.Mil
Quote from: Korn.Mil on April 25, 2016, 01:07:18 PM
This mod is simply amazing! I just installed it and already tested. But with each crash event i getting errors, take a look at them
(image)
I dont know why is this happen. If you use Prepare Carefully compatible variant, try to redownload it. If not, or it does not help, I need to know the exact list of mods you use. So i will search for incompatibilities.

As i guess, this mod conflicts with mod Apparello, i just seen in error something about this. I am not sure, but in future there can be more errors with other mods... So there is my mod list for you

I hope you will fix all possible errors, and keep this mod updated :) thank you for good work and good mod

kosh401

Thanks Katavrik, it's working now :D

Korn, mods that change the map generation are likely conflicting. I had to remove EnviroSeeds to get Crash Landing to work, so maybe it's your Zen Garden or Misc Map Generator causing it (not very familiar with those ones). I have Apparello working fine with Crash Landing so it's not that at least. I'll attach a pic of my mods since we do have some overlap. Good luck!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Rock5

I'm tempted to try this mod on my next game but I wouldn't play with rain disabled.

I realize you probably do it to make it harder but it's not realistic. I would expect to have to make the decision on whether to fight the fire or not. Is it a rain forest? Should I pray for rain and save my supplies first? If it's an arid biome maybe I should put the fire out first? If I wait for rain and it doesn't come, when should I give up waiting and try to fight the fire? Or if I go to fight the fire and then it starts to rain then I wasted my time and could have been collecting supplies.

If you know it's not going to rain then you can plan ahead accordingly. That's seems wrong to me.

Just an observation.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

kosh401

It's really quick and easy to remove the rain stopper that's on by default for the first little bit during the crash sequence. It's just changing a "true" to "false" in the OptionDef file for the mod. It's formatted really well, easy to read and navigate (barely a full window of stuff in it anyway).

I like it on myself. I find a good trick is to just not beat out all fires but save the drops you like, knowing you can't save it all. Making a couple temporary stockpiles to get things out of the fire and to collect after can work well.

Anyway definitely give it a try, it's a great mod and adds a lot of flavour to the opening! What drops and what you choose to save (if you can) can really change how you begin your colony, rather than using same sort of build orders.

Korn.Mil

Quote from: kosh401 on April 26, 2016, 09:15:04 AM
Thanks Katavrik, it's working now :D

Korn, mods that change the map generation are likely conflicting. I had to remove EnviroSeeds to get Crash Landing to work, so maybe it's your Zen Garden or Misc Map Generator causing it (not very familiar with those ones). I have Apparello working fine with Crash Landing so it's not that at least. I'll attach a pic of my mods since we do have some overlap. Good luck!
damn... Its pretty weird then. I disabled apparello and everything ok now, no errors. And this mod who changes map generation really can conflict? Becouse i have no errors. And if it gonna conflict in future? Am i able to play or its not recommended? Maybe some few small errors not gonna make very big troubles :D becouse i love both mods very much

Kajin

When is the crash supposed to happen? I installed this mod and have started two new games and nothing is happening. My colonists land, normal as always. I checked to make sure and the mod is indeed activated in the mods menu...

darkrage000

Quote from: Kajin on April 26, 2016, 08:51:02 PM
When is the crash supposed to happen? I installed this mod and have started two new games and nothing is happening. My colonists land, normal as always. I checked to make sure and the mod is indeed activated in the mods menu...

make sure you downloaded the hotfix. (they have the same version number) the previous release had DLLs uncompiled which caused that issue

Kajin

Nevermind, found the problem. When I went to unzip the file it somehow nested the files within a second folder inside the crash landing folder inside the mod folder. So it wasn't working because the game couldn't see the mod files >.<

Sorry to waste your time.

AllenWL

Quote from: Rock5 on April 26, 2016, 10:20:00 AM
I'm tempted to try this mod on my next game but I wouldn't play with rain disabled.

I realize you probably do it to make it harder but it's not realistic. I would expect to have to make the decision on whether to fight the fire or not. Is it a rain forest? Should I pray for rain and save my supplies first? If it's an arid biome maybe I should put the fire out first? If I wait for rain and it doesn't come, when should I give up waiting and try to fight the fire? Or if I go to fight the fire and then it starts to rain then I wasted my time and could have been collecting supplies.

If you know it's not going to rain then you can plan ahead accordingly. That's seems wrong to me.

Just an observation.
But then again, when the game detects a large fire, it automatically starts a rain/snow and puts it out(because otherwise, it'd cause lag and possibly burn down everything on the map), so even if 'no rain' is disabled, you still can plan ahead accordingly because you know it'll rain when the fire gets big enough.

Just wondering, but is this compatible with combat realism?

Rock5

Quote from: AllenWL on April 27, 2016, 02:56:51 AM
But then again, when the game detects a large fire, it automatically starts a rain/snow and puts it out(because otherwise, it'd cause lag and possibly burn down everything on the map), so even if 'no rain' is disabled, you still can plan ahead accordingly because you know it'll rain when the fire gets big enough.
Hm... I've had fires burn half the map (or maybe a third) and only stopped because of mountains. In the end I just put out the fire trying to make it through the narrow pass.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

talar1408

First, thanks for a great mod. It produces really interesting experience at start of game.

I might have simply had bad luck, but it seems that no pods contain components, which became so vital with A13. Sure, I can still get some from compacted machinery, so it doesn't make game unplayable  (but it involves a lot more walking and mining than would otherwise be necessary at start). But still, this really hurts early game.

Turned out fun though, since it made building power-line to reactor vital( as the only affordable power source). Kind of Chernobyl-style, with each colonist building only a few tiles of cable to avoid too much radiation exposure.