[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenpotatoes

So, I popped an ancient room that was within radiation range of a reactor after awhile. All the mechanoids inside were dead from radiation poisoning.

Now, I'm no doctor, but I don't think radiation effects mechanical machines to the point of destroying it, let alone if at all.

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: notfood on April 28, 2016, 01:22:24 PM
Radiation makes electronics fail.

Did not know that, still seems weird that highly advanced (as far as most rimworld technology goes), self-sufficient mechanoids built as war machines broke down as quickly as they did.

nakie

First time trying this mod and it's great! I had about 9 colonist during the event. However a gunbed module(or something) literally dropped in front of my recovering survivors, spraying bullets everywhere and slaughtering the lot of them. In the end I only got 1 extra colonist. It was intense :)
Quote from: talar1408 on April 28, 2016, 01:57:34 AM
I might have simply had bad luck, but it seems that no pods contain components, which became so vital with A13. Sure, I can still get some from compacted machinery, so it doesn't make game unplayable  (but it involves a lot more walking and mining than would otherwise be necessary at start). But still, this really hurts early game.
IIRC the ship beams contain components when deconstructed. Alot of them dropped for me. I had a small tragedy in the beginning where I assumed for some reason that components wouldn't be destroyed by fire like ores. I didn't bother to pick them up. Needless to say all my starting components burned. :( The deconstructed ship beams made up for the loss though.

talar1408

Quote from: nakie on April 28, 2016, 01:26:17 PM
IIRC the ship beams contain components when deconstructed. Alot of them dropped for me. I had a small tragedy in the beginning where I assumed for some reason that components wouldn't be destroyed by fire like ores. I didn't bother to pick them up. Needless to say all my starting components burned. :( The deconstructed ship beams made up for the loss though.

Riight, need to take a closer look at them next time (or just check if any survived fires in my current game). Was too busy saving obviously important stuff during the crash:)

On other note, on one of my starts I had rain during crash. Which made the rest trivial and boring, so I didn't continue this one.
Wasn't rain supposed to be disabled?

Turner

On the buff given to the survivors of the crash it says "We just crashlanded here. I am survived!" Just something I noticed when looking at the buffs lol

AllenWL

Just tried it out. Pretty cool.
Got five people, three huskies, a warg and a cat.

Though, I think you might consider toning down the cargo for some drops. I currently salvaged around 30 glitterworld medicen, and about 20 normal medicen, and around 10 organs, implants, and prostheses. There is also a superior golden statue which I have not even touched for fear of increasing my wealth too much. We're currently armed with wooden clubs and short bows as no weapons landed.

I also got had two resource pods that gave me huge amounts of couger leather and thrumbo fur, respectively. No steel, wood, bricks, components, or anything of the sort landed, so I'll probably have to deconstruct a ship part later.

Also, I'm quite sure I did hard mode as one of my 'starting' colonists where incapacitated, and I had no starting gear, but when a cyropod module(?) Landed, the people where either lightly injured(just a few scratches), or dead.

I have a question though.
Does this event only happen when you start the game, or can it happen again later on?

kosh401

Crash events will happen later on too, just only 1 'piece' (weapon deck etc) at a time unlike the beginning. You'll get the crashing starts/ends message for it too.

Syntria

Thank you so much for updating this! Absolutely my favorite mod by concept. You are the best. <3
Long time supporter of Rimworld!

Check out my twitch channel---I stream Rimworld about 50% of the time (Prison Architect, Factorio, Dwarf Fortress too!)

Join my Discord Server, which has 300+ members!

SynsPlayground

Really enjoying this mod so far. However I did have to tweek alot of the settings to make it a little more to my liking and fixed a minor gramatical error. For instance, the starting crashes I decreased the time for them to fall it would make sense for the whole ship to come pretty quickly to me. Rather than having the chance of keeping extra colonists alive from crypto sleep containers falling I also set the damage to a point where almost every other colonist falling will die as most of these have traits i simply dont want and i refuse to feed a mouth that is useless to me or might berzerk easily, theres always like 1-2 every couple times one falls that survive and i just out right kill them when I can. I also dissabled the rain dissabled-er thing, tried several different delays but literaly half my map would be burned down before any rain would come to help me out so theres that.  I also decreased the frequency of some things falling at random because i noticed not even 2 weeks into my new colony I had at least 1 of every vanilla weapon and quite a few of some of my other mod's weapons. 

Also I was wondering.... is there a way to forbid a spot on the map from this space junk falling because often at the start of a new colony I end up having to start again because one of these modules decided to fall right on my starting location and kill everyone instantly

Just my 2 cents, Still love the mod <3 thanks 8)
Sadism Isnt All Fun And Games, At Least Not For You, I'm Having A Ball! -A Sadist You've Never Seen(Syns)

Grizzlyadamz

This is a pretty cool concept, but I think I'll have to tweak it before I'll enjoy using it- for all the same reasons already mentioned in this thread.

kohaijimi

Hello i've been having a problem with this mod i remember when you have it on u will come out of a pod,
I've been having an issue that everytime i have it on my colonists will just crash with the ship and have a possibility to die.
Is there anyway to fix or mabye tweak this

Katavrik

Quote from: kohaijimi on May 05, 2016, 07:03:30 PM
Hello i've been having a problem with this mod i remember when you have it on u will come out of a pod,
I've been having an issue that everytime i have it on my colonists will just crash with the ship and have a possibility to die.
Is there anyway to fix or mabye tweak this
It is the feature of this mod: Your colonists will crash land and probably die. But there is an easy mode of this mod, where the starting clonists land safely. To turn easy mod you need to find options file and edit it.
Find: (mods foldier)\CrashLanding\Defs\OptionDefs\CrashLanding_Options.xml
In this file find string: <modeIsHard>true</modeIsHard>
And replace it with: <modeIsHard>false</modeIsHard>
Start the game again and you will have three of your starting colonists landing safely in a pod.

slyfox357

Okay, for some reason (for me anyways) the mod continues to load even though it is in not the mods folder and I don't have any mods active. I even disabled all of my mods to see if that would fix it, but it didn't work. I also have restarted Rimworld a couple of times to see if that would fix it. I don't know if I did something wrong for this to happen, it would be nice to get some help for this. (Also, EdB Prepare Carefully seems to not be working even though I am using the download for it.) Never mind this I figured out what was wrong with my mods and such and fixed it.

Elixiar

Been using this mod a while but only just realised that whenever I try this with EdB prepare carefully, nothing falls at the start of the game.

No colonists, pods, anything! Nothing falls?
Anyone got any possible solutions? Not sure what is causing this :/

(Also yes, trying this with the easy variety of the mod.)
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist