[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawrfisher

Quote from: Anastasia on September 04, 2018, 04:43:24 PM
-Snip-
this the the log when i start up the game at the menu
https://git.io/fAB5C
and this is the log after the prisoner event fires and fires and fires and fires into infinity......
https://git.io/fABd9

hope this helps
Config error in Prisoners_Crashlanding: Prisoners_Crashlanding is humanlikeFaction but has no backstory category.
This sticks out to me
Ok so what I'm seeing is related to backstories.  Lot of references to it in the second log.

I would like somone with knowlage of modding to actually look over those tho I'm just guessing
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Anastasia

Config error in Prisoners_Crashlanding: Prisoners_Crashlanding is humanlikeFaction but has no backstory category.
This sticks out to me
Ok so what I'm seeing is related to backstories.  Lot of references to it in the second log.
yeah, but i dont know what mod would effect that besides psychology, should i retry but load crashlanding first instead of last in the load order?
"Your ethics and philosophies mean nothing to me, all i ask is that you give me a solution that works."

rawrfisher

Professional jerk

Anastasia

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 04, 2018, 06:14:18 PM
You can try it.
ive just updated to 19.2009 and re ordered my load order, let's see how this goes now
"Your ethics and philosophies mean nothing to me, all i ask is that you give me a solution that works."

rawrfisher

Quote from: Anastasia on September 04, 2018, 06:25:20 PM
You can try it.
ive just updated to 19.2009 and re ordered my load order, let's see how this goes now
You shoulda updated past 1996 a while ago lol.  Already on stable
Professional jerk

Anastasia

Quote from: rawrfisher on September 04, 2018, 06:46:23 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on September 04, 2018, 06:25:20 PM
You can try it.
yeah bit im kinda bad at remembering that kinda stuff until it becomes a problem
You shoulda updated past 1996 a while ago lol.  Already on stable

DangitRandy

Just another fanmail. Crash Landing is awesome! When the scenario editor came out, the first thing I did was attempt to make a (lame version of a) crashed starship scenario. So thank you for making this! Saved me a lot of time, and you did a much better job too.

scarface2cz

Would be lit if you could modify probability of various ship parts falling down. say, making scenario of prison ship crashing, and you being security thats supposed to rescue and keep prisoners alive. or removing weapon ship parts. ive got 4 end game weapons in the begining, effectively being able to wipe out all nearby pirate outposts, take tons of prisoners and loot and having overall massive head start.

anyway, i really enjoy this mod. starts were always boring for me, and the hectic nature of true crash landing makes things pretty neat.

Kirby23590

Even without playing the scenario of this mod.

I do enjoy the small ship crashlanding events that can happen if you were playing as tribals or as a another faction or with the rich explorer.

I enjoy them because they give you either alot of medicine or some surviving but heavily wounded space colonists or some good weapons or if randy thinks it's funny just lots of explosions & fires or not useful stuff & a armory dropped in, full of mortar shells creating Michael bay explosions around.

Very amazing mod!

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Katavrik

Updated for Release version
- Should be savegame compatible.
- Prisoner apparel storage fix.
- Balance: Reduced damage in crashes (settings defaults) - default pawns (50 -> 45), starting pawns (30 -> 25).

sdp0et

I added Cryptosleep Block Crash incident to my starting scenario and it's raining ship parts. Hundreds.  This is repeating in the log:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CrashLanding.IncidentWorker_CryptoSleepBlockCrash_Starting.TryExecuteWorker (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ScenPart_CreateIncident.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Scenario.TickScenario () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I checked the saved scenario.  I had set the time to occur to .01 so it happened right after start.  In the scenario file that is set as the interval.  "Interval" implies repeating, but I went back to the scenario editor to check and it is not set to repeat.  Maybe the above error makes the game think the even failed so keeps trying?

I've let it run for a few minutes and it isn't slowing down.

edit: I finally noticed that it was the STARTING crytosleep incident.  I guess that probably is meant to be a one time thing and runs special code or something.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Morbo513

I really like the mod and its concept, particularly the new start-mode it adds.
One thing I'll say though, it frustrates me with how often random crashes land in the centre of the map, cause that's usually where the player's base is - both being a massive annoyance through busting down roofs, damaging furniture and leaving a sea of slag to clean up, but also trivialising the act of rescuing the valuables/pawns that drop with it.
I think the nature of those valuables is a bit too far on the generous side too. My last game, inside the first in-game week I'd got a charge rifle and a couple equally powerful weapons from Rimsenal from trade good debris

I've also had several pawns in cryptosleep pods land fine, or at least healthy enough to walk themselves off the map. It'd be better imo if we could ensure those ones just died instead.

sdp0et

Quote from: Morbo513 on November 03, 2018, 06:13:57 PM
I've also had several pawns in cryptosleep pods land fine, or at least healthy enough to walk themselves off the map. It'd be better imo if we could ensure those ones just died instead.

For me they cryptosleep secrions usually crash in water and everyone drowns immediately.

GileIG

Sorry Google translate
It seems to me that the mod settings (of Start Screen) do not work.
I changed Multiplier for time delay between parts to 0, but the parts kept falling with a delay, I also assigned Damage to starting Pawns to 0, but pawns landed with serious wounds e.c. These parameters are saved, but it does not seem to be passed to the program code.
Of course, if you edit the files in the Defs, then everything OK :)
Also if you create your script by editing, in the list of events create incident instead of Ship engine crush is written Ship endine crush.

ambivalence

Is it possible to create a «Crashlanded: Prisoners» version, where the only your pawn (1) crashlanded with many hostile to each other prisoners, but at some point when most of them died/killed each other a part of them joins your colony (with a so-so loyalty? or maybe having a hardcoded timer to betray you) and the other part is going away to build a base from random blueprint. Yeah, I know, seems crazy, but it would be pretty interesting way to start. Blueprints could be taken either from Real Ruins mod (seems like it collect users bases by default) or from Haplo's Misc. MapGen FactionBase (which suggests users to upload their blueprints – made with Fluffy's mod – to github). So, the setting is going to remind TV series in some way: two hostile (or neutral?) colonies with some guys living out there, having the same origin, the same situation).