[1.3] Crash Landing (v14.01) (04-08-2021)

Started by Katavrik, January 04, 2015, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makute

Hello everyone,

I've tried to edit out the reactor crash event and tweak a bit the others, to no avail. Did anyone have better luck? Could I have a simple rundown on how to modify the mod settings? Other than the obvious mod settings option I mean.

Thanks a lot.

Katavrik

Did you try to edit crash templates?
They located in mod folder\defs\CrashTemplateDefs\
There are two files - for starting event and for random ones. More info inside these files.

makute

Thanks for dropping by Katavrik :)

At first I just commented all instances of <partEventDef>ShipReactorCrashIncident</partEventDef> and its related lines with a double dash, but it glitched the script and got weird results, like a dozen simultaneous weapon cache crashes :P

I gave it a second glance later, and think that I understand what every part of the script does, I but still need some help: What the number in <partsCountLimit>-1</partsCountLimit> stands for? My guess is "0" to toggle it off, "-1" for "unlimited", and any other number (1, 2, etc.) for the maximun quantity generated against the limit?

Katavrik

Quote from: makute on March 01, 2019, 06:15:39 AM
<partsCountLimit>-1</partsCountLimit> stands for? My guess is "0" to toggle it off, "-1" for "unlimited", and any other number (1, 2, etc.) for the maximun quantity generated against the limit?
Yes, you are right. This is the maximum the number of this type of parts that could be generated. -1 for no limits.

If you want to disable any part, just put <partWeightCoefficient> to 0. And check that this part in guaranteed list has also set to 0.

Do not delete or comment any line. Set items to 0 if you want disable them. You can look in randomCrashTemplates to see how small crashes templates are look like. For example "SmallTransportCrashTemplate" have all parts except containers disabled.

makute

Thank you for your answers, you've been very helpful. I have a couple questions more:

Do the <partsCountLimit>-1</partsCountLimit> quantity in guaranteed and random lists sum? Like, if I set both entries to "1", will I get only one or one plus the chance of another from the random list?

Would be too hard to add aditional parts lists from external mods? Like a seed container from Seed Please.

Also, prisioners guns have no ammo, is that a limitation or a design choice? In its current state they doesn't pose much of a threat. Maybe they should carry hand weapons instead.

Thanks again for your time.

Edit: BTW, I noticed that if I set the guaranteed quantity of weapon containers to "1" (it doesn't matter what number I set on random) they glitch on spawn and generates several containers at once, which brutally lags the game.

Katavrik

Quote from: makute on March 02, 2019, 05:55:52 AM
Do the <partsCountLimit>-1</partsCountLimit> quantity in guaranteed and random lists sum? Like, if I set both entries to "1", will I get only one or one plus the chance of another from the random list?
As far as i remember, you will get one guaranteed plus a chance to gent another one from random list.

Do the [Would be too hard to add aditional parts lists from external mods? Like a seed container from Seed Please.
Its a fair work, that should be done to add such feature. Nothing really hard, but someone (me, of course) should add some code, to respect another mod.
Right now, i don`t have any time to update the mod. Sorry.

Also, prisioners guns have no ammo, is that a limitation or a design choice? In its current state they doesn't pose much of a threat. Maybe they should carry hand weapons instead.

Thanks again for your time.

Edit: BTW, I noticed that if I set the guaranteed quantity of weapon containers to "1" (it doesn't matter what number I set on random) they glitch on spawn and generates several containers at once, which brutally lags the game.

It seems you use Combat Extended mod or similar. They add a lot of things, and change gun mechanics (ammo). Crash Landing does not know about it, and do not add an ammo. Since vanila does not use ammo.
Sometimes it tries to spawn another mod things that should not spawn directly, and get some critical errors. I`ve tested Crash Landing with Combat Extended on release: Except empty ammo, there was no critical errors. But that was a long ago, may be they do some changes.

Solution is the same as previous. Testing and adding mods respect in the code. Separate work for each mod.

makute

Thank you for your detailed answer. I'll run some tests, and try different settings to see the outcomes.

Yes, I use CE, but your mod spawns ammo in the weapons cache normally, so I assumed that prisioners guns coming unloaded was some kind of bug or oversight. In the meantime, I'm giving them hand to hand weapons instead.

Again, thanks a lot for your time. I look forward to a future update :)

PhantomFav

I'm sorry if this was already asked but I have a question:
is it possibile to stop the random events of crash landing during the play? when something crashes near my base is always something overpowered like power armors or charge blasters. this happens often during the early game and completely shut off all the challenges that the game offers :(
(In any case the mod is great!)

MechanoidHater

I have an issue. When starting the crashlanding scenario the event dosen't begin. However when I quickstart the crashlanded map it works. I keep getting this error when my pawns exit the escape pods:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.StoryWatcher_Adaptation.get_TotalThreatPointsFactor () <0x00040>
at RimWorld.StorytellerUtility.DefaultThreatPointsNow (RimWorld.IIncidentTarget) <0x00529>
at RimWorld.HistoryAutoRecorderWorker_ThreatPoints.PullRecord () <0x0004e>
at RimWorld.HistoryAutoRecorder.Tick () <0x00090>
at RimWorld.HistoryAutoRecorderGroup.Tick () <0x00048>
at RimWorld.History.HistoryTick () <0x00048>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch1 (object) <0x00905>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate_Patch2(Object)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

[attachment deleted due to age]

Katavrik

Updated for Rimworld 1.1:
- Added a new option to disable random crash events. Checkbox in mods settings.
- Removed some old crap like prisoners faction and apparel. Should be more compatible.
- Not savegame compatible
- Work with Royalty update

Katavrik

Found a little bug. Updated. Version still 13.00.

ksaturn

I really enjoy this mod.

I've noticed with the Rimworld Royalty content added in, the apparel modules are now crazy valuable and cram packed with eltex, crowns and prestige cataphract armor, with very little clothing. In the past I recall getting a single suit of marine armor on occasion, so this seems like an unintended side effect.

Katavrik

V 13.10 (01.12.2020)
- Updated for Rimworld 1.2
- Support Rimworld 1.1
- Reduced the chance of valuable prestige armor in apparel crash pod.
- Removed some old debug log warnings.

Katavrik

Some Ad in the thread.
We finaly released our first own game - The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante. I am one of the disigners of this game. Its not a rimworld like, but if you like a narrative text RGP, you should try it.
Link to a Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1272160/The_Life_and_Suffering_of_Sir_Brante/

Katavrik

V 14.00 (23.07.2021)
- Updated for Rimworld 1.3
- Support Rimworld 1.1-1.2
- Reduced the chance of valuable stuff for items. Except Art Gallery, that mean to be valuable.
- Added new rare container with neurotrainers and psytrainers.
- Buildings like statues and furniture will be placed as not owned buldings, and can burn.
- Added some additional checks to prevent spawning wrong things (ThingSetMakerUtility.CanGenerate(thingDef)).