Improvements

Started by Jameak, January 04, 2015, 01:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jameak

Here's some thing's I would love to see improved or added:

Better hunger logic. Go to the closest meal stockpile and eat the most nutritious meal available. I have had people run all the way across a huge map to eat survival meals when they are desperate for a meal, when the fridge in the colony is maxed out with simple meals. I get that they are more nutritious, I unlocked the meals hoping someone would haul them back, instead it just makes them want to run across the map and sit on the ground to eat them.

Same as above, smarter medics. Don't run across the map to get a first aid kit when there's herbal medicine in the stockpile right beside you. Pirates bring all kinds of crap with them, and its inevitable that a first aid kit ends up so far away from the colony. Running to get it when the patient is in dire need NOW makes no sense, just use what you have on hand.

Danger zones. I would love to be able to create danger zones so you can try to persuade colonists to take an alternative route. This way you can section off parts of the colony as no go zones for whatever reason. This is not to say they cant operate in them if they have a job to do, but it should prevent other colonists from pathing through the danger zone when on the way from point A to point B on either side when there is an alternative path available to take. Like through a cross fire from turrets on their way to pickup a chunk of rock to craft with when their is a battle raging...

Some way to rescue neutral parties visiting my colony. I have had them come and render assistance during a pirate raid, or just be in the wrong place at the wrong time when one shows up, but if shot down you have to let them die, or capture them, and thus making that party hostile. Presently these factions serve no purpose other than to offer up recruits at the cost of adding to your list of enemies. I should be able to nurse them to health in return for a boost to faction standing.

Clothes: Maybe be able to break them down into their base cloth under the tailor station. Adds more use for the masses of clothing that accumulates and either has to be sold (if you can be bothered) or burnt. This is along the same lines as the smelter breaking down weapons.

Is the weapon crafting station just useless, or is it just me? Why make swords and spears when raiders just hand you fancy M16's. Who brings a sword to a gunfight anyway? Being able to craft more relevant items is really needed. I mean, you have to research it, then you never even use it??

That's all for now. Back to playing!

Jam

Eleazar

A couple of these thing have been dealt with by the developer:

Quote from: Jameak on January 04, 2015, 01:01:12 AM
Better hunger logic. Go to the closest meal stockpile and eat the most nutritious meal available. I have had people run all the way across a huge map to eat survival meals when they are desperate for a meal...

Changelog:
Pawns will now do a local prioritized search for food before switching to global prioritized search. So they’ll eat a bad meal in the base before crossing the map to get a tasty one.

Quote from: Jameak on January 04, 2015, 01:01:12 AM
Some way to rescue neutral parties visiting my colony. I have had them come and render assistance during a pirate raid, or just be in the wrong place at the wrong time when one shows up, but if shot down you have to let them die, or capture them, and thus making that party hostile.

Changelog:
You can now rescue incapacitated neutral people and heal them. Their faction will be appreciative.