[Mod Request] Medieval Overhaul!

Started by Oxidus, January 04, 2015, 07:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxidus

So i had it long in my mind but...Would it be possible to make Rimworld into Medieval?You know delete guns,add more medieval weapons and something in style of Crusader Kings 2 but in RTS.You could claim territories from map or organize your kingdom like RTS.Delete power armor and add many types of armors like Light Leather armor or Heavy Steel Armor.Would it be possible?
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Shinzy

removing guns and power armors and replacing them with medieval weaponry and armor and all the other futuristic stuff would be easy enough! the rest I don't even dare to guess how difficult they would be ;D

So you could very easily do full medieval "reskin" sort of thing
and I mean easily as in it'd still take tons of time but you wouldn't encounter many obstacles

Oxidus

Problem is.I dont know even sh*t about modding :D

FridayBiology

Tribesmen raids would be OP then right?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Shinzy

Quote from: Oxidus on January 04, 2015, 08:50:37 AM
Problem is.I dont know even sh*t about modding :D

Neither did I =P now I've made a few mods! (They're all very simple!)
editing the existing files with notepad isn't too too difficult after you "decipher" the stuff in them

it's pretty much like;
Make texture -> copy paste stuff -> change numeric values / texture paths -> Mod finished!

Berengar

Was working once at something like that.. but lay that besides, because of the melee ai. Think thats the main problem with an medieval/fantasy mod, so long you have to controll every colonist in an bigger fight, its just hrmm... baeh?  ???
Hrm.. someone got fun to make an bether melee ai mod? :D

john pretzel

The norbals mod would fit well in this setting.  :)

Oxidus

Yeah i was gonna say that factions would look different.French,Spain,Norbals (Vikings) would be something like Pirates,English etc.Indians,Ottomans.

Johnny Masters

A medieval mod would be truly the stuff of dreams. Imagine with z-levels for dungeons and towers, low walls and crenelations, smiths, gibbet cages, thrones, extra slots for sword and shield, shield walls and archers behind, mills for solar panels. Armor could impact more how it affects movement, so you could have your heavy infantry in full plate and skirmishers and archers in light armor. But yeah, melee and armor system needs an overhaul first, and better factions/world map interactions would be awesome.

milon