[MOD][A10] Battle Stations - Ctrl+ANYKEY RTS Squads - FML Special (23.04.2015)

Started by JuliaEllie, January 04, 2015, 10:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeMyselfAnDie

I hate to be a bother, but is there any way you could make a compatibility patch for this and the personal shields from "Enhanced Defense: Phoenix Edition"? I don't know how your code works, but if I'm not mistaken you would just have to copy/paste some code and change it to accept the "ShieldedHuman" race from that mod.

JuliaEllie

MeMyselfAnDie

It uses the ThingClass "Enhanced_Defence.PersonalShields.ShieldedPawn"

JuliaEllie

Quote from: MeMyselfAnDie on January 07, 2015, 04:24:20 AM
It uses the ThingClass "Enhanced_Defence.PersonalShields.ShieldedPawn"

Well then Jaxxa apparently needs to learn how to use the appropiate ThingClass

Austin_Kim

My laptop lagged right when I assigned someone so all key has been set to her :( Is there anyway to unassign it?

Solace

Quote from: Austin_Kim on January 08, 2015, 12:23:17 PM
My laptop lagged right when I assigned someone so all key has been set to her :( Is there anyway to unassign it?

Same issue, once you hit your keyboard with a bunch of keys to assing them to a squad, you have a bunch of tags flying across your screen, unassign option please :|

tommofork

I don't know if there's a way to do it in game, but you can use an XML editor on your save to remove squads.  A good editor is Notepad++.  Open up your save, search for "battlestations" without the quotes, you'll see,

<li Class="battlestations.newSelectorThing">
<Squads>
<keys>
<li>M</li>
<li>K</li>
</keys>
<values>
<li Class="battlestations.Squad">
<SquadName>Mike</SquadName>
<PawnsInSquad>
<li>Human22</li>
</PawnsInSquad>
<Battlestations>
<keys />
<values />
</Battlestations>
<KeyBind>M</KeyBind>
</li>
<SquadName>Kappa</SquadName>
<PawnsInSquad>
<li>Human22</li>
</PawnsInSquad>
<Battlestations>
<keys />
<values />
</Battlestations>
<KeyBind>K</KeyBind>
</li>
</values>
</Squads>
</li>

That shows two squads, squad Mike and Kappa, which share the same single squadmember and they've been assigned the M and K keys respectively.

To remove the squad and keybind, under <Keys> delete whichever you don't want, including the tags.  If I wanted to remove squad Mike and the M key, I'd delete <li>M</li>.

Then, I'd look at squad name tags, find <SquadName>Mike</SquadName>, and then starting from the <li Class="battlestations.Squad">  above the squad name, select and delete everything between <li Class="battlestations.Squad"> and the end of the </li> tag below the <KeyBind>M</KeyBind> line.  It should look like this now,

<Squads>
<keys>
<li>K</li>
</keys>
<values>
<SquadName>Kappa</SquadName>
<PawnsInSquad>
<li>Human22</li>
</PawnsInSquad>
<Battlestations>
<keys />
<values />
</Battlestations>
<KeyBind>K</KeyBind>
</li>
</values>
</Squads>
</li>

If I wanted to remove all squads, I'd do the same for all of them and end up with,
<Squads>
<keys>
</keys>
<values>
</values>
</Squads>
</li>

drats666

how can you ungroup a squad?  i grouped a squad to w which is a window movement key and it is annoying everytime i press to move the window it selects them. trying to simply have nothing selected and setting an empty squad to w doesn't reset it. and changing the squad to another key doesn't erase the previous squad.

Hoovytaurus

What does this mod do? All the hotkeys don't work for me, and there are zero in-game tooltips to explain. That, or they're really well hidden for no good reason at all.

JuliaEllie

Quote from: Hoovytaurus on February 21, 2015, 03:23:57 PM
What does this mod do? All the hotkeys don't work, the tactical computer just calls people to itself (which you can do manually extremely easily) and there are no in-game tooltips.

Taktical computer?? Wrong mod :D