Trading zone+command idea

Started by Wulfik, January 05, 2015, 10:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulfik

It would be nice if there was new zone called trading zone which would be in shape of circle precisely for beacon. You could modify this by adding or deleting parts of the zone. There would be new command something like "Ready for trading", which you would use for targeting items that will be moved into trading zone. Those items won't be manipulated with until you let that happen. This way you could put useful weapons into one stockpile and have them ready for usage and then useless or weaker ( etc. ) ones for trading.

e.g. You are attacked by mechanoids and after that tribes people. You got 2 miniguns and 8 clubs. And you want only miniguns to be saved for later. You dont need clubs anymore ( or not right now ) so you will then target clubs with "Ready for trading" command, they will be moved to trading zone and wont be moved/used without you forcing that certain command like equip club etc. And miniguns will be moved into some weapons storage/stockpile. This would work with resources as well, you can for example make items in trading zone unmovable by colonists or something like that. Therefor you would just target them as ready for pickup ( now its F there is hand don't know name if that command ) and they will be moved away from that zone in case you need them/received something you traded.

I just made this idea because I hate organization of things in game. I basically have one giant stockpile for everything spammed with beacons. ( And fridge for food ofc. but that's like 2000 out of 75000 resources. ) Sometimes just for better looks of my base I make multiple stockpiles for building materials, clothes etc. but trading then is pretty bad and I don't like beacons everywhere = mechanoids/pirates landing everywhere.

Let me know what do you think I know it's not a brilliant idea or so, so you can tell me what you think, what would you change or so or even some things that could help me with this stockpile organization problem :) K tnx bye.