[MOD] (Alpha 8) The Metal Age 0.0.3 , core game overhaul mod. (16/01/2015)

Started by Ironvos, January 05, 2015, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironvos

Quote from: Enjoyment on January 15, 2015, 09:16:41 AM
This mod seems to be great (was a huge fan of TTM), but can you post more screenshots?

Well i don't have any screenshots of it atm, but you can go here and watch my videos of the mod.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=8932.0

Episode 0 shows pretty much all the new stuff in the mod.

Enjoyment

English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

NeoGodOfDeath

I'm having some problems playing with any other mod enabled. I have installed everything like I was supposed to and am only playing with Edb Prepare Carefully right now, in addition to TMA. When I try to load into the colony after making a new one, I get this:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101372131104053410450/albums/6104652111483776289/6104652115157755506?pid=6104652115157755506&oid=101372131104053410450

Hopefully you can see it, if not I'll upload it elsewhere.

I just redownloaded Edb PC and Edb Interface after seeing at least one had an update recently.

Edit: Just in case, here is another link to it. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/NeoGodOfDeath/RimworldEdbPC1_zpsfdc8cc40.png

Ironvos

Did you start in a new world as well?
Cause if you didn't then that's probably the problem.
Otherwise i'm not sure what the problem could be since the mod does work with EdB's mods.

Woolridge

Quote from: NeoGodOfDeath on January 15, 2015, 02:29:23 PM
I'm having some problems playing with any other mod enabled. I have installed everything like I was supposed to and am only playing with Edb Prepare Carefully right now, in addition to TMA. When I try to load into the colony after making a new one, I get this:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/101372131104053410450/albums/6104652111483776289/6104652115157755506?pid=6104652115157755506&oid=101372131104053410450

Hopefully you can see it, if not I'll upload it elsewhere.

I just redownloaded Edb PC and Edb Interface after seeing at least one had an update recently.

Edit: Just in case, here is another link to it. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/NeoGodOfDeath/RimworldEdbPC1_zpsfdc8cc40.png

make sure to have the latest 1.6.3 build of EdB prepare carefully, create a new world and if you needed to update EdB's don't use older premade groups

oh and ironvos, maybe you put that info into your 1st post here, since the ppl with the same issue seem to increase rapidly ;)

Ironvos

Allright so i added some extra info at the top of the OP.

Also i released a patch that will make 0.0.3 compatible with EdB scenarios.
However it may not be save compatible with earlier made 0.0.3 colonies.
I had to change around some research stuff for the ship parts and i changed the build costs for the regular battery.
The battery now no longer uses the 'stuff' method but now has a specific build cost, the stuff cost is basically replaced by iron.

Woolridge

oh by the way, is there any chance to get any kind of a mining building in your mod anytime soon?
because i prefer flatland maps where i can build up huge fortresses, but since there aren't that many mountains around i almost everytime end up with missing ores
maybe just some kind of low outputting mineshaft with a bit randomized what one will get + without the need of electricity
and later on in the techtree maybe a bit more futuristic one that can be specialized on different ores

popster99

Quote from: Woolridge on January 15, 2015, 06:15:29 PM
oh by the way, is there any chance to get any kind of a mining building in your mod anytime soon?
because i prefer flatland maps where i can build up huge fortresses, but since there aren't that many mountains around i almost everytime end up with missing ores
maybe just some kind of low outputting mineshaft with a bit randomized what one will get + without the need of electricity
and later on in the techtree maybe a bit more futuristic one that can be specialized on different ores
that sounds like a good idea

Ironvos

While it seems a reasonable idea, it would require either some fancy coding, or dirty coding, neither is really on my to do list atm :)
For now you'll have to make due with what you find on the map.
Maybe start on a small hills map instead of flatlands to get more resources.

Woolridge

i'm stuck to some mountain biomes right now, trying to get used to that hills everywere^^
but it's good to hear about you already considered that one,
i just came up with the idea of asking you, since i tryed this MOD right before i started with yours

maybe you could talk to the creator of this mod to merge both of your stuff in some way,
even there are some changes to be made, but in my opinion not only his mine, but the lathe could get handy in several ways aswell,
since it would be perfect to create more intermediate products and stuff, like gun-barrels and stuff like that

i hope that this idea of merging with another mod didn't offend you in any way

Ironvos

Hah, don't worry, i'm not easily offended  :D

Atm i'm not looking to merge with other mods yet because i actually learn quite lot by doing things myself.
Do also keep in mind that  first and foremost i make this mod for myself and for use on my channel.
While many people can have many great ideas, they won't always make it into the mod, at least not initially.
I have a lot of ideas myself, will be introducing a few new things for the A9 release as well, but not all my crazy ideas make it into the mod either  :)

Woolridge

well, it wasn't an order, so i won't blame you at all because of your mod doesn't have anything added i would like it to^^
after all i'm glad that you share this mod with the community instead of just keeping it only for your own purposes =)

caparison9

Hi sorry if I'm being a bit numb here but I can't seem to get the mod working (first time using a RW mod)

I saved the mod and extracted to where you said, then I started up vanilla selected your mod and deselected core, but all I get is the main screen without any interface?

Ironvos

That would happen if you don't have one of thw two (Core or my mod) activated.
Are you sure you downloaded the whole mod and not just a patch?

caparison9

I think so, I downloaded the first link you posted after; "And finally here's a link to the mod itself"

Mind you that file is only 6-7MB sooo I'm guessing that isn't right. Sorry if I'm being numb here been long days!  :)