Backup options menu of new features/capabilities from updates in game.

Started by StriderGunship, January 05, 2015, 10:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StriderGunship

Every new Alpha update for game adds something new, something like temperature issues or mechanoids. The problem is, that all people are diffirent, everyone have their own point of view, their own strategys etc. Not everyone like something new in new Alpha, but they do like something else that were added, like bug fixes, armour, new researches etc. And people want to play with new Alpha and new abilities, but they want to backup something certain from it, but keep another new stuff from this update. I suggest to add a special options menu, or ingame menu, to for example disable machanoids and temperature issues but keep everything else from new update. And do this from Alpha 1, because i bet, that not only I liked old stockpile area from it, that was keeping all resources in little square... And some people want to see things they liked in previous Alpha at new one. Reader, do you get it? Please, I want to hear answer from someone who is working on game, or moderator who thinks that this could be useful or not.

Eleazar

Quote from: StriderGunship on January 05, 2015, 10:49:49 AM
I suggest to add a special options menu, or ingame menu, to for example disable machanoids and temperature issues but keep everything else from new update. And do this from Alpha 1...

That would be a prohibitively huge amount of work. The different features of an alpha version aren't self-contained, interchangeable units, but fit together in many complex ways.

Modding is the way to tweak a feature.