Why we cant raid for goods someone else too? Raid mechanics and more!

Started by StriderGunship, January 05, 2015, 11:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StriderGunship

In our game we are building defenses, sandbags, turrets and other stuff. But we never raid others! I suggest to add raiding ability for player. In raid we could destroy and rob camps, bases or other colonies, maybe it can be a secret research facilities, bandit planetary base, ship wreckages, mechanoids bases or ancient alien bases of mechanoids! A background story of planet can be discovered in these raids about mechanoids, aliens, etc. Just imagine how many possibilities it opens! This will make the game much more colorful and it will keep player to play it more! In raids could be realised vehicles! Vehicles could be used in attack and to carry stuff that you got after raid. And it can be not only resources, it can also be things that were already build in raided colony, like de-energized turrets, batteries etc. Base that we are raiding can has its strengths and weaknesses, can be safer from one point, or have damaged areas, where it could be easier to raid at. Before full raid it is good to scout enemys positions and weaknesses, raids can maybe have war thog, so it will be more challenging. Also in raids people will be hurt. It needs something like colonist-field medic with something to heal or stabilize colonysts that were shot until the raid is over. Vehicles are very old theme for RimWorld, they can be realized in this update. Raidables can be infinite or amount of raids can be limited. Its alot of stuff that could be realized in it, I want to see this In RimWorld so-o-o-o-o much! It will make game much better!

terrarianoob2

2 things 1. Do you really want to raid mechanoids ther bugs so the qween most likely be a black widow spider or a bee
2.making a game is hard really hard and tynnan wants cheap ideas but something like that can happen but it will be hard for him and the others

StriderGunship

Game will stuck in alpha stage and die because of cheap ideas. Game needs something fresh. After temperature update it became only worse, I mean, I stopped gaining fun from game... Game became slower. This is going to be an infinite alpha -_- It stuck on one location where we defend, IT NEEDS something like raiding or location changing. Vehicles, raids and stuf would be awesome. And yeah, terrarianoob2, they are mechanoids man, what the hell are you talknig about? They are mechanical, they could be security system of lost alien something... On this game could be built A WHOLE AWESOME UNIVERSE! With its details and stuff, story etc.

IkeaSwede

Quote from: StriderGunship on January 05, 2015, 12:49:35 PM
Game will stuck in alpha stage and die because of cheap ideas. Game needs something fresh. After temperature update it became only worse, I mean, I stopped gaining fun from game... Game became slower. This is going to be an infinite alpha -_- It stuck on one location where we defend, IT NEEDS something like raiding or location changing. Vehicles, raids and stuf would be awesome. And yeah, terrarianoob2, they are mechanoids man, what the hell are you talknig about? They are mechanical, they could be security system of lost alien something... On this game could be built A WHOLE AWESOME UNIVERSE! With its details and stuff, story etc.
All to their own but temperature is what made me excited to play the game again.
And I really do not agree that your main idea is necessary, the game is not aiming towards that in any aspect - and if i'm going to be honest, it doesnt fit the main idea of the game

StriderGunship

I mean, it shouldnt be necessary raiding, but moving between location for something to diversify gameplay. Ugh... Game is stuck anyway...

IkeaSwede

Quote from: StriderGunship on January 05, 2015, 01:09:29 PM
I mean, it shouldnt be necessary raiding, but moving between location for something to diversify gameplay. Ugh... Game is stuck anyway...
I disagree. I think the game has a strong build for what it is actually trying to do. If what the game is now is what you call being stuck, then maybe - just maybe this game originally wasnt intended for your audience? I recall this being exactly what was described in the kickstarter and is still what they are aiming for.

StriderGunship

Quote from: IkeaSwede on January 05, 2015, 01:14:16 PM
Quote from: StriderGunship on January 05, 2015, 01:09:29 PM
I disagree. I think the game has a strong build for what it is actually trying to do. If what the game is now is what you call being stuck, then maybe - just maybe this game originally wasnt intended for your audience? I recall this being exactly what was described in the kickstarter and is still what they are aiming for.
Well, I just suggested man. Everyone have personal point of view and different tastes...

terrarianoob2

What I'm trying to say is if its possible to raid in the future and you can raid the mechanoids then your gonna need an army because the mechanoids hive if you ever read the text its a hive so there's a qween that's how I Andur stand it and not gonna be easy and the game is fine oven if the game stops upgrading its still play able and you get what you paid for

Oxidus

Dude it seems you arent long on forums and you are calling this fresh idea.There were many ideas like this and i had it too and made topic.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Johnny Masters

Raid + vehicles is an older than dirt suggestion, but the day we get those will be one hell of a day. But i don't think we'll be getting it any sooner than at least 5 patches between, IF we're getting.

Although I disagree with gaming slowing down and the bit about temperature (i loved it, and i like my games slower, with stuff taking a bit of time to develop), i agree that the game could improve more on diversity. RW is solid but still a little bland, there isn't much on gamemodes, scenarios and story-makin. That's why raids, vehicles, multiplayer, z-levels, children, wave mode, etc etc are constantly being suggested, and that's why sticking to only cheap ideas will result well, mostly in a cheaper game.

Said that, i'd say it's still early to discuss raid mechanics. I'm sure Tynan is well aware that it's well requested, but i wouldn't waste my fingers until some official note is issued on this.

StriderGunship

Quote from: Oxidus on January 05, 2015, 02:50:35 PM
Dude it seems you arent long on forums and you are calling this fresh idea.There were many ideas like this and i had it too and made topic.
1st. WOW! 47 posts! Omg ure such an oldfag and pro! Sure you are the boss here! 2nd. Of course there were already suggestions like this Mr.Oldfaggetson, Ive made that post to make it more popular, so they developers will do something that will cardinally change gameplay. I know that they wont run to theyr PCs, screaming: "O-h-h-h sh*t! Yes! Lets do it because of one probably 10-year old kid made such a fresh suggestion!" I just made another post of this, so developers konw that there are people who wants it, thats all....

User was warned for this post.
- ItchyFlea

StorymasterQ

Quote from: StriderGunship on January 05, 2015, 07:26:57 PM
1st. WOW! 47 posts! Omg ure such an oldfag and pro! Sure you are the boss here! 2nd. Of course there were already suggestions like this Mr.Oldfaggetson, Ive made that post to make it more popular, so they developers will do something that will cardinally change gameplay. I know that they wont run to theyr PCs, screaming: "O-h-h-h sh*t! Yes! Lets do it because of one probably 10-year old kid made such a fresh suggestion!" I just made another post of this, so developers konw that there are people who wants it, thats all....
Suggestions are good and all, but please keep it civil. The last thing you want is for your post to be closed due to bad language and your idea dies just because you can't keep a cool head.

So what if he has <50 posts? Do you see my post count? Would you like to ask me if I've seen suggestions like this? Besides, lots of people lurk the forums before finally (or even ever) registering. You can't tell a person's knowledge of the forums by their post count, or even their register date.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Syvera

All I know is, whenever I get raided, I wish I could counter-attack them at THEIR base and see if they like a few dozen mortars dumped onto THEIR power grid. Muahahaha!

Oxidus

Quote from: StriderGunship on January 05, 2015, 07:26:57 PM

User was warned for this post.
- ItchyFlea

Dude stop raging or youll get banned and youre only emberassing yourself.We are on same side remember?We both want raids but making more topics wont help.
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Jo The Veteran

I won't quote all you guys, it just makes a mess. This game is not "stuck in alpha", it progresses just fine the way it does now. Every update of the past made me replay it and I consider it the no1 game of 2014.
Since his team is small it may take some time for this to reach v1 but that's ok, indy games tend to develop that way.
Overall I find this game a success (even though a bit overpriced for alpha).
However, as it stands now, whether it stay a success for years to come depends completely on the community and the mod support. Just something for you to consider Tynan.