[Mod Request] Self-Doctoring

Started by Flubberj, January 06, 2015, 02:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flubberj

I've been playing around with various mods and I've come to like the idea of a hermit living alone on an ice sheet. (Using Prepare Carefully and the Ict Sheet Biome mod) The major problem I've encountered is if I get any serious wounds, despite having real meds, I can't doctor the person. For example, if an incredibly stupid squirrel attacked *only* your left arm, you could die of bleeding if you don't have anyone to doctor the wound. Despite having a highly skilled doctor. The self-doctoring may be tied to doctoring skills, the process could take longer or be less effective. And also, there's absolutely no reason someone who is out and about with the plague can't treat themselves. If you can walk to the medical bed, you can walk to the medical supplies and fix yourself up. Thank you very much to anyone who even considers doing this mod. I've checked, but if I somehow missed a mod that does this, please tell me.

Oxidus

Thats kinda true,but if someone decapitates your arm,leg i doubt you would bandage it,you would be in serious pain shock ;D
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

Flubberj

You could have a trait, I understand this would require significantly more coding, that essentially states how well you cope with shock. Similar to how psychic sensitivity is handled. Or, you could just make it so they have to be able to move to get to the supplies to bandage it. I believe colonists become incapacitated if they go into shock. Although I've seen a picture of an armless raider.

FridayBiology

Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

aditaja

maybe you can use this , <naturallyHealed>true</naturallyHealed>

1BadPanda

I was just thinking of a similar idea.  It more-so involved a backpack/pocket system and allow the ability to carry meds, but like a stim-pak style mod where upon incapacitation the stim-pak is used and on a tick-timer would expire resulting in loss of consciousness.  That way the colonist can get to a bed for doctoring or die a glorious death in a fire-fight.  As for loss of limb, a tourniquet could be used to stop the bleeding to prevent incapacitation. As for the reality of it, you don't lose consciousness when you lose an arm... you lose consciousness when you've lost enough blood or haven't seen anything of the like before-which is really just fainting and you'd come to shortly.  I would know... I've seen it in movies.  Also, it would explain why I carried all the shit I did on my battle-rattle.  Never had to use it though.

Splinterbee

Heal like farcry and pull the bullet out? Or just maybe use a syringe. This could be cool
Video games, are pretty good

Anduin1357

I agree that there needs to be a self healing when the only guy who can heal thyself is you.
This is always the glaring issue whenever I want to simulate a lone guy trying to survive solo.