[MOD] (Alpha 10) Door Control (v1.4 - Updated 09.05.2015)

Started by Temeez, January 06, 2015, 09:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acruid

Are the doors closing in the room to make it an interior for anyone else? I de/recompiled this a week ago for personal use, so maybe my save is just messed up, but I ran into the same problem with my assembly.

gattazzo

For me the doors are not closing the room, resulting in a "outdoor" location :(

Vigilius

Same as by gattazzo the doors don´t create indoor zones.

Temeez

Argh, this is not good.

I have absolutely no idea why it does that. If I use custom <thingClass> indoor zones are not created, even if the custom class is empty or 1:1 copy of the Building_Door. Could this be a bug in the game code?

Latta

It's a known problem. Try look at mod help forum, "Stuck in door" written by mrofa. Adding regionBarrier to true will resolve this issue but will prevent pawns to find path through the door, thus rendering custom door useless anyway.

ROD

Quote from: Latta on April 27, 2015, 10:08:40 AM
... Adding regionBarrier to true will resolve this issue but will prevent pawns to find path through the door, thus rendering custom door useless anyway.

In this case, since you can point a pawn to open the door, could you point all to open it ?
In this case the regionBarrier would be set to false when the pawn opens and set to true when it closes.
The indoor/outdoor would be instantaneously.

Another thing would be create a new door icon for your door so we could use it when we wanted.

This is one of the most required mods, don't give up  :D

Temeez

Quote from: ROD on April 28, 2015, 10:07:48 AM
Quote from: Latta on April 27, 2015, 10:08:40 AM
... Adding regionBarrier to true will resolve this issue but will prevent pawns to find path through the door, thus rendering custom door useless anyway.

In this case, since you can point a pawn to open the door, could you point all to open it ?
In this case the regionBarrier would be set to false when the pawn opens and set to true when it closes.
The indoor/outdoor would be instantaneously.

Another thing would be create a new door icon for your door so we could use it when we wanted.

This is one of the most required mods, don't give up  :D

That is actually not a bad idea. I shall try it today / tomorrow and see what happens. :)

mrofa

Atm you cant do it, since pathfinder class specificly looks for Building_Door class.
All i do is clutter all around.

Milliman

I really like this mod. Thank you for making it! Is there any chance of a compatibility patch for the Superior Crafting mod? Currently, it does allow for door control with newly constructed regular and auto doors in the mod(haven't tested with blast doors yet), but it breaks the temperature tooltip. With both mods active, you can only see "outside" temperature, even when hovering over "inside" areas. I have no clue what causes this bug, but it would be really awesome if it were fixed.

rsof69

Quote from: Milliman on April 28, 2015, 12:48:51 PM
I really like this mod. Thank you for making it! Is there any chance of a compatibility patch for the Superior Crafting mod? Currently, it does allow for door control with newly constructed regular and auto doors in the mod(haven't tested with blast doors yet), but it breaks the temperature tooltip. With both mods active, you can only see "outside" temperature, even when hovering over "inside" areas. I have no clue what causes this bug, but it would be really awesome if it were fixed.

I'm having this problem too

Temeez

Quote from: rsof69 on May 02, 2015, 02:29:12 PM

Atm. there is not much I can do about this, as said here (like 5 posts up) there is a bug in the game code which doesn't like (C#) modded doors currently. You can read a bit more in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12508.0 I hope that this gets fixed in the next alpha version.

I'll try to update this mod as per ROD suggestion.

Milliman

Quote from: Temeez on May 02, 2015, 02:33:45 PM
Quote from: rsof69 on May 02, 2015, 02:29:12 PM

Atm. there is not much I can do about this, as said here (like 5 posts up) there is a bug in the game code which doesn't like (C#) modded doors currently. You can read a bit more in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12508.0 I hope that this gets fixed in the next alpha version.

I'll try to update this mod as per ROD suggestion.

Ah, that is unfortunate. Thank you for the effort you put into the mod, regardless. It really is a cool mod.

puddlejumper448

Just saw this in the change log today

"It's now possible to hold doors open. Autodoors will remote open/close, while simple doors will be left open when a colonist passes. Enemies and animals can pass through held-open doors, and anyone can shoot through held-open doors." It sounds like your mod finally made it to vanilla (assuming i'm not misunderstanding what it says), thanks for all the hard work Temeez

Temeez

Quote from: puddlejumper448 on May 04, 2015, 07:15:05 PM
Just saw this in the change log today

"It's now possible to hold doors open. Autodoors will remote open/close, while simple doors will be left open when a colonist passes. Enemies and animals can pass through held-open doors, and anyone can shoot through held-open doors." It sounds like your mod finally made it to vanilla (assuming i'm not misunderstanding what it says), thanks for all the hard work Temeez

Haha, amazing. Looks like this mod will become obsolete then. :D

deadlydullahan

I know this mod is gonna be obsolete next update but is there any way for it to work in alpha 10 for now?