[MOD] (Alpha 9) New Weather

Started by SC_Reaper, January 06, 2015, 12:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drakulux

Sand Storm for Desert and Arid Biomes

FridayBiology

Heavy rain,
> turns all "water" tiles into "deep water" tiles, and "mud"/"marsh" tiles into "shallow water" tiles, would need the play around to set duration until water recedes.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

MrWashingToad

Quote from: drakulux on January 22, 2015, 07:09:54 PM

I second this - just because it's called a "Haboob". Seriously though, would love to see some more of these.
Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

SC_Reaper

Quote from: harpo99999 on January 20, 2015, 06:30:27 AM
the usual terms for the pattern is a heatwave  or firestorm, and some of the historical names include ash wensday, black friday
I know i've been quite inactive in the last few weeks, but i've finally gotten enough time to make your suggestion! (And by those means, i've already done it.)

Of course i'm working on the Supercell on the side, but i decided to make yours yesterday, so here ya go!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

SC_Reaper

Quote from: drakulux on January 22, 2015, 07:09:54 PM
I could make it, but i would need an overlay for the sand, which i do not have... ???

Still; working on other stuff at the time when i'm able to. But it's soon vacation and i may use some time trying to understand C+ a little.

SC_Reaper

Quote from: Feirfec on January 22, 2015, 08:31:27 PM
Heavy rain,
> turns all "water" tiles into "deep water" tiles, and "mud"/"marsh" tiles into "shallow water" tiles, would need the play around to set duration until water recedes.
Yeah... new dll content... sry... :(

SC_Reaper

I dunno how many people actually download this mod, for the time being, but i still updated it so that it will at least work for everyone who wants to use it.  :)

MrWashingToad

Kickstarter Influencer tier backer. Last Name in Game: Sewell
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrI_JSqof-Zk1j9-kBKXjQ
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/MrWashingToad
Twitter: @MrWashingToad

Asfalto

Nice mod, and love for the Arthur C. Clarke quote

SC_Reaper

SC_Reaper

Quote from: Asfalto on February 20, 2015, 05:02:07 PM
Nice mod, and love for the Arthur C. Clarke quote
Thank you.

And yeah, it's a great line.  :D

SC_Reaper

I just want to notify everyone that a compatible version of my New Weather mod have been made for the Darkness mod by Viceroy. You can now download it and play both mods together.  :)

HBKRKO619

Vonholtz

Ok old guy dumb ass question. I am not great when it come to computers so I wanted two of your weather mods. I downloaded hurricanes and local decompression. Now when I open both of them the folder and the files are the same names. all they want to do is cope over each other. So what am i doing wrong? the zipfiles are named right so is there some thing I have to do to make the mods work. All the other mods I use (40+ mods) just go in easy yours are the only ones I have trouble with. Sorry if this sounds dumb but I just not getting it.

SC_Reaper

Quote from: Vonholtz on February 23, 2015, 02:42:47 AM
Ok old guy dumb ass question. I am not great when it come to computers so I wanted two of your weather mods. I downloaded hurricanes and local decompression. Now when I open both of them the folder and the files are the same names. all they want to do is cope over each other. So what am i doing wrong? the zipfiles are named right so is there some thing I have to do to make the mods work. All the other mods I use (40+ mods) just go in easy yours are the only ones I have trouble with. Sorry if this sounds dumb but I just not getting it.
Well, if the folders you see is named 'About' and 'Defs' then the problem is that the downloaded zip folder opened automatically and what you are seeing is one folder to deep into the mod. You will need to check your download folder to find the mod by it's name.

Fx, if i downloaded them both, i would find a folder named 'Hurricane' and 'Local Decompression' in my downloads folder. These folders are the ones that needs to be copied to your mods folder, not the folders inside.

I should probably set this into the 'How to install" section so nobody gets this problem again... ???

If there's any other problems with my mod, or there's still this problem, just send me a pm. (Private Message)