The most useless colonist ever.

Started by poulsen78, January 06, 2015, 05:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poulsen78

In my game a new colonist joined me. Great! i though, but then i looked over his stats.
I might have found the most useless colonist that have ever been made in this game.
Medievel lord + Scout is a bad combination, so now he can boil in geothermal generator room.  >:(

[attachment deleted due to age]

Evelyn

Dedicated doctor/soldier/warden with high combat stats? Doesn't seem so useless to me. Worst case scenario use him as cannonfodder in a raid.

Mystic

I think any colonist with a catastrophic brain injury is far more useless than this.  I mean, regardless of their other attributes, they move sooooooo sloooooooooowly that they can't really do anything.  After a recent raid, I ended up capturing and recruiting a colonist of this sort ... why?  Solely to use him as the official opener of the first cryosleep chamber in a cluster of them right outside the door of my base, that I'd long wanted to take care of.  I've learned that whoever is the first one to open one of those things is essentially guaranteed to die, so I figured this guy would be a good sacrificial lamb to do so while the rest of my colonists stayed as a very safe distance behind granite blocks with their M-24s at the ready to clean up afterwards.  And with that brain injury, the poor sap clearly lacked the wit to see what I was recruiting him for.  :)

poulsen78

Quote from: Mystic on January 06, 2015, 05:33:59 PM
I think any colonist with a catastrophic brain injury is far more useless than this.  I mean, regardless of their other attributes, they move sooooooo sloooooooooowly that they can't really do anything.  After a recent raid, I ended up capturing and recruiting a colonist of this sort ... why?  Solely to use him as the official opener of the first cryosleep chamber in a cluster of them right outside the door of my base, that I'd long wanted to take care of.  I've learned that whoever is the first one to open one of those things is essentially guaranteed to die, so I figured this guy would be a good sacrificial lamb to do so while the rest of my colonists stayed as a very safe distance behind granite blocks with their M-24s at the ready to clean up afterwards.  And with that brain injury, the poor sap clearly lacked the wit to see what I was recruiting him for.  :)
Ohh damn. A shame i didnt see your comment before i boiled him because that would have been a really good way to use him. Ill remember that for next time.

Tasty

I would've kept that colonist no doubt. A full-time warden/doctor with great combat stats and fast walker isn't such a bad addition to a colony. He can free up some time for your other doctors and wardens to do more important tasks, he can handle all the hunting jobs, and he can not only hold his own in battle but do a damn good job of removing threats. There are far worse colonists you can get than that guy. Too bad you murdered him... :'(

Arigas

I would have been happy to get that one. Moves quick, a good shot, good social skills, and potential for a good doctor. At the very least, you could have kept him in cold storage until you need another gun in a raid.

kasimirtlw

He seems the perfect fit to pick up fleeing pirates  he can shoot and he can  run :)

try a slowpoke with brain damage. he flips after going 10 tiles to get food.
had to give him a room  with a storage for food and resources to do  brick building all in 4 spaces from his bed . Ill take your guy over him any time of the year

The-MathMog

I have one like this in my colony, at least almost, and it works great. I have him do almost all the hunting, which in return makes him awesome in raids.
And when he's not hunting, I just have him stand at a crowded area, doing some social chatting, giving the other colonists a happiness boost, or even having him on doctor duty :)

I then also have one of those who are 3/10 brain impaired because of a shot. Having a colonist only moving 0.20C per seconds is a million times worse than this! :D

Shardey

That guy is pretty great. I have one kinda like that. Except that he has Abrasive .. which is not so much fun with a high social.. I keep him in a cryopod so he can't insult everyone, and only bring him out to recruit prisoners

wolfman1911

I have found Nobles to be fairly lackluster in general, but only among my first three. I always try and have a miner, a grower and a constructor, with a cook as either the miner or builder. Seems to me that guy could hunt, freeing up the grower to do something else.

ZestyLemons

I think Assassins are the worst to have actually. They're good for combat, but can't do anything else at all, not even hauling.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

Kinakin

Aye pure combat colonists are rather useless. Since colonist combat is a very rng based endevor. They basically live on borrowed time until they either get killed or gimped.

They are basically all red shirts

Johnny Masters

Quote from: Kinakin on January 09, 2015, 10:20:35 AM
Aye pure combat colonists are rather useless. Since colonist combat is a very rng based endevor. They basically live on borrowed time until they either get killed or gimped.

They are basically all red shirts

Which actually makes them quite useful.

It's best if you have such disposable shirts than putting your more skilled colonists in danger.

Snownova

But if the RedShirts are wearing red shirts, those shirts tend to be made of devilstrand, which nearly makes their shirt worth more than the person in it ;)

The_Haminator

Not even close to a bad colonist, dedicated warden and good shooter. A definite keeper in most players books