Never ending 'collapsed rock'

Started by iSagan, January 06, 2015, 11:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iSagan

I've just finished clearing out an enormous mountain and the roof collapsed, which is what I was aiming for. However, 2 collapsed rocks that are side by side are impossible to remove. If I mine them both, it causes another collapse endlessly. I've tried blowing it up with mortars, grenade, shooting it and even surrounded it in steel walls before mining them, but once the last wall is deconstructed they 'collapse' back down again and 2 more respawn. I believe the problem is based on the fact that the 'overhead mountain' roof isn't disappearing. Building a room around it will generate a 'constructed roof' in all 'blocks' except the ones above the rocks.

This is a terminal issue for my save file, I cannot progress until this is dealt with. Is this a bug?

My version is currently up to date.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Scotty

Strange.
So it even does it with that building?

The-MathMog

Hmm this is interesting.

I actually thought that it wasn't possible to remove the "Overhead mountain" roof, as that for me would make sence. Hence there need to be some kind of support for the mountain above.
But for it to keep collapsing even after you've build around it, is kinda weird.

But bugs like this, would be expected (if it is a bug) as we are still looking at a early alpha! :D

Shinzy

build a temple around it and have your colonists worship it as their god ;D

skullywag

I would say get my roof bomb mod...but I havent updated it yet...soon. Promise.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Geertje123

As far as I know there is no way to remove overhead mountain.

What you can do to make it look nicer is to mine one block, place a wall at that spot and build it, and then mine the other. You'd still have the support but not the ugliness of the rock

Bodog999

there is a way to remove the overhead mountain roof, BUT you need to change the roof code a bit there is a string that says something about a thick roof replace true with false and you wont get it again, make sure that u also remove the collapsed rocks

here's the code for it:
  <RoofDef>
    <EType>Roof</EType>
    <DefName>RoofRockThick</DefName>
    <Label>overhead mountain</Label>
    <isThickRoof>false</isThickRoof>
    <isNatural>true</isNatural>
  </RoofDef>
oh and its in the following path: RimWorld657Win > Mods > Core > Defs > RoofDefs
get into the file using notepad for example and replace the old string with the one in the post :) should fix your problem.

OldVamp

leave a spot like this in an area outside your base supported with weak walls.
its a dead-fall trap
the enemy will destroy the wall and it will collapse and kill them.
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

OldVamp

i discovered this quite by accident when a beseiging party busted down my side door to build a baricade inside  my mine.
The list of crushed items/people took up a full page and 3 lines.
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

Professor Cupcake

"Overhead mountain" cannot be removed. It will just keep collapsing like that unless you build supports. That is not a bug.

From the looks of those screenshots, that section is still collapsing even when it is supported by walls. That's your bug right there.

... Unless you haven't actually tried mining that bit of collapsed rock yet. You should do that; the mountain is now supported by the building there, so it shouldn't (fingers crossed) collapse again.

skullywag

if the above doesnt work make sure you dont have a no roof zone over that room.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?