It's a good mod pack.
It's okay.
Meh, not my cup of tea.
I don't like this mod pack at all.
I haven't tried the Epyk Pack.

DDog

Damn..  hurry up with update for Alpha 9...  can't stand vanilla anymore!   :D

Epyk

Epyk Pack will get a Alpha 9 release when at least 60% of the current mods are updated.

I'm itching for a release too! I'm no hurry though, the fine modders will update when they're ready.
Click picture for Epyk Pack!
Try Epokalypse!

shhfiftyfive

:( 60% seems so arbitrary. a lot of the smaller mods are already updated.

if it were me, i'd release a new pack as soon as the edb mods get updated.

Epyk

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 19, 2015, 03:39:13 PM
:( 60% seems so arbitrary. a lot of the smaller mods are already updated.

if it were me, i'd release a new pack as soon as the edb mods get updated.

I don't want to make multiple updates throughout the day when an update is released.
Try Epokalypse!

Seigghart

Hm... will be waiting with baited breath until you decide to update for 9.772.
That is... sticking to 8.671 until then.

Epyk

Quote from: Seigghart on February 19, 2015, 06:55:36 PM
Hm... will be waiting with baited breath until you decide to update for 9.772.
That is... sticking to 8.671 until then.

I'd update now, but Epyk Pack alpha 9 would be pretty crumby.  :'(
Try Epokalypse!

XelNigma

I'm having an issue, not sure what causes but im unable to build some things that use variable material, such as slate blocks, granite blocks, even cement from the cement mixer.

My last game I was unable to finish building a Mine because they would not use the cement. When I right click on it to force them to work on it it says I dont have any materials, yet I clearly do.
I started a new game and got the A8 1.18 pack as well in hopes the issue would be gone, but now I cant make a crematorium.

I want to clear out obvious things like: colonists set as constructor and other colonists not calling dibs on the mats. Iv ran several tests to try and see whats wrong.  If I order a wall be made of the same mats they can build it, so I know the mats are accessible.

Any ideas on what the problem is?  Am I the only one having this problem?

Hugo

Quote from: XelNigma on February 20, 2015, 07:19:06 AM
I'm having an issue, not sure what causes but im unable to build some things that use variable material, such as slate blocks, granite blocks, even cement from the cement mixer.

My last game I was unable to finish building a Mine because they would not use the cement. When I right click on it to force them to work on it it says I dont have any materials, yet I clearly do.
I started a new game and got the A8 1.18 pack as well in hopes the issue would be gone, but now I cant make a crematorium.

I want to clear out obvious things like: colonists set as constructor and other colonists not calling dibs on the mats. Iv ran several tests to try and see whats wrong.  If I order a wall be made of the same mats they can build it, so I know the mats are accessible.

Any ideas on what the problem is?  Am I the only one having this problem?
Are you sure you have chosen the right material for the crematorium, because you can chose of witch material it is build

Feniks

I am glad you not updating straight away. For first 2 weeks alpha 9 will have probably few hot fixes that will result in mods having few hot fixes and no one wants to start with a modpack just to find out they have to restart a world after a week to be able to play with updated mods. 60% is good number of mods to wait for. Especially when we look into big mods like Cybernetic Storm or Mechanical defenses etc.

XelNigma

Quote from: Hugo on February 20, 2015, 08:30:12 AM
Are you sure you have chosen the right material for the crematorium, because you can chose of witch material it is build

Yes, I have made sure Iv picked the material I want to use.  I have tried making both a slate and granite crematorium, the two native stone types, and the out come is the same on both. They will bring the 40 metal but not the stone.  Trying to force them to work on it it simply tells me I have no materials for it.

One thing I did notice, I dont get the message on the right that tells me all the things that are missing materials.  If I order a bunch of walls to be made and I run out of blocks I will get the message that tells me the walls and the crematorium are missing mats.  But if I cancel the walls and get the mats the message goes away.   So it seem the game knows I have the mats for the building, but some reason wont let me use them.

shhfiftyfive

i hope your new a9 pack has some mod/feature that can get rid of the new cheating enemy mortar teams. they are getting infinite drop pods of shells and food. so... they never attack your base... i am shocked at this, since i thought tynan was trying to get us to stop hiding in mountains (he removed fertilizer pump). but this new mortar team is game-breaking imo.

i'm sure the pack will give us alternative ways to buy/craft mortar shells to combat this, but it is very problematic that the vanilla game is in this situation right now. in vanilla i bought all the shells available (instead of meds) and it still wasn't enough. i was so poor because normal clothes don't sell for much any more. the economy is very difficult early game.

Feniks

use the infinitive mortars to your advantage. Wait for them to go to sleep have your team of haulers go in and haul all the shelves repeat for ever:)

I agree however that vanilla give you no one single reason to stay out in the open. Sides can destroy your expansive base, drop on top of you even can be the end of colony and killbox is a must in mid/late game with raids exceeding 100 people.

shhfiftyfive

to make things worse, it seems cassandra difficulty has been increased to a ridiculous level.

instead of about 1 raid per month, i am experiencing 1-3 raids per month.

as soon as i leave my base to attack one of these mortar teams on their own turf (or if i am just going out there to steal their shells as you suggested), i am almost ALWAYS immediately attacked by another faction while i am out there, only a few days after the initial group showed up. it is completely insane.

it's like the game checks to see if your pawns are in your home zone, and if not then it sends a new enemy wave at you. i've had 3 games now that ended with 3 sets of enemies showing up one after another, each as soon as i engage the initial, all within the same month. this never happened in cassandra in alpha 8, not once. but it happens every game now in alpha 9.

Vagabond

Quote from: Feniks on February 20, 2015, 11:37:57 PM
I agree however that vanilla give you no one single reason to stay out in the open. Sides can destroy your expansive base, drop on top of you even can be the end of colony and killbox is a must in mid/late game with raids exceeding 100 people.

I just hope for a day when raids aren't the 'challenge' of the game. There need to be things besides ever increasing amounts of hostile mobs trying to kill you. It ruins immersion, and ends up almost forcing me to build totally unnatural and ugly colonies.

Cheers,
Michael

Feniks

I feel the same way. having a small faction of tribals raiding me with a 100+ people every month is not great hopefully over time we will see more things. There is few mods adding more beasts to the game so hopefully Tynan will borow some of those.