Epyk Pack is awesome! 10/10
It's a good mod pack.
It's okay.
Meh, not my cup of tea.
I don't like this mod pack at all.
I haven't tried the Epyk Pack.

Epyk

Quote from: ParadogsGamer on February 26, 2015, 03:26:06 AM
When is the Epyk Pack expected to be ready for Alpha 9?

Getting much closer now.
Waiting a bit longer so mods can iron up some kinks.

Nebbeh

Quote from: Thunderdome on February 26, 2015, 12:21:40 PM
I installed the mod packs and it loaded fine but the screen is dark as hell  and I cant play like that  I was wondering y

Most likely the Darkness mod, disable that and you should be fine. Surprised me aswell at first.

SupremeSoviet

Quote from: Nebbeh on February 26, 2015, 02:03:01 PM
Quote from: Thunderdome on February 26, 2015, 12:21:40 PM
I installed the mod packs and it loaded fine but the screen is dark as hell  and I cant play like that  I was wondering y

Most likely the Darkness mod, disable that and you should be fine. Surprised me aswell at first.

Ya I always disable the darkness mod.  I like to actually see at night.

nielscorn

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: nielscorn on February 26, 2015, 05:40:55 PM
That's what lights are for though
maybe if there was an included mod that added massive radius "outdoor only" spotlights, that cost very little power and materials... and don't require a ton of conduit cabling...

for example, i place a spotlight near my base, but instead of the light shining from where i place it, it would emit light somewhere else i choose.

i think kenny has a spotlight turret, but its cost isn't balanced around the use of a darkness mod. i am thinking we'd want something much cheaper to go along with this darkness theme mod.

Vagabond

Hehe

Darkness mod threw me off when I first loaded up the modpack. I've ALMOST disabled it on many different occassions, but hardcore realism in me kept shoutting "don't be a puss'!" at me. So it's still up and running. Not that you are puss' if you turn it off. I'm just a masochist I think. . . The way I build my colonies, they are laid out so that there are at least three tiles seperating all buildings. the center line of tiles between the buildings are where I build my paths. I usually build floor lights along paths since I run hidden power conduit "under" all my paths. My defensive positions also have floor lights pointed out towards the direction enemies come from and I usually have a spotlight turret for whatever is beyond the range of the floor lights.

There have been a couple instances where stray bullets have knocked out my lights...it troublesome.

Cheers,
Michael

Epyk

Quote from: Vagabond on February 27, 2015, 01:13:40 AM
Hehe

Darkness mod threw me off when I first loaded up the modpack. I've ALMOST disabled it on many different occassions, but hardcore realism in me kept shoutting "don't be a puss'!" at me. So it's still up and running. Not that you are puss' if you turn it off. I'm just a masochist I think. . . The way I build my colonies, they are laid out so that there are at least three tiles seperating all buildings. the center line of tiles between the buildings are where I build my paths. I usually build floor lights along paths since I run hidden power conduit "under" all my paths. My defensive positions also have floor lights pointed out towards the direction enemies come from and I usually have a spotlight turret for whatever is beyond the range of the floor lights.

There have been a couple instances where stray bullets have knocked out my lights...it troublesome.

Cheers,
Michael

Darkness mod is a personal favorite, lighting at night is pretty to look at. Especially those cave mushrooms!

Waiting for some more light options.

Delekhan

At this point the only mod in the pack that has not yet updated is Mechanical Defence 2, Enhanced defense and Project Armory I think. Any chance you'll release the pack after that's ready? (Although I can personally do without Project Armory).

Meerkat99

general222291

Quote from: Meerkat99 on February 28, 2015, 02:04:40 PM
will there be an alpha nine epyk pack
Yes, but it will take a while for all the mods to be updated and tested together...
Mods:
Wandering Caravans [A15]

shhfiftyfive

Quote from: Delekhan on February 28, 2015, 01:13:35 PM
At this point the only mod in the pack that has not yet updated is Mechanical Defence 2, Enhanced defense and Project Armory I think. Any chance you'll release the pack after that's ready? (Although I can personally do without Project Armory).
some of the mods that are updated are not actually bug free yet though. still working out the kinks.

Feniks

I agree with shhfiftyfive as much as I am eager to start playing with Epyk Alpha 9 release I would prefer to wait until mods go through all hot fixes. We don't want situations where we start a game and week later have to start new word to be able to play with fixed mod. Alpha 9 vanilla has been out for less than 2 weeks I am sure we can wait for Epyk week longer or so.

lazerlogic

epyk would you consider the Combat realism mod?  or is that not inline with the modpack ?

Viceroy

Glad to see some debate going on about Darkness. But yeah the mod is incredibly simplistic in how it tweaks the game, so turning it off and on mid-save has never caused me any problems.

So just head-up. You /should/ be totally fine if you don't want to use it. Especially Youtubers like Feniks I can understand the mod is not at all ideal for.

P.S. Can't wait for the pack to come together for A9.
Dog goes moo!

Feniks

Viceroy you are right Darkness as fun as it sounds would make for very poor video on youtube. Youtube compression system makes videos already darker than they should be no reason to mess it even more. :)