Rate your Epyk Pack experience.

Epyk Pack is awesome! 10/10
It's a good mod pack.
It's okay.
Meh, not my cup of tea.
I don't like this mod pack at all.
I haven't tried the Epyk Pack.

Tericc

I would like to chime in and say that i very much appreciate this mod pack. If not for its simplicity in modding the game itself it help me learn of other mods i never looked at or known to exist.

Thank u

Delekhan

Not much activity here anymore. Has the mod been abandoned?

Death_Vader97

Quote from: Delekhan on March 14, 2015, 01:10:43 PM
Not much activity here anymore. Has the mod been abandoned?
Just read the last posts. Epyk is working on an update, but it may take a while.

Hugo

Hi Epyk it's great that your back and i hope everything is ok right now
I hope that you can update the pack soon and maybe can you ad T's mod :)

XelNigma

I had to look up T's mods.   It had me at the morefloors mod.  Thats somthing that vanilla desperately needs.

CrazyJayBe

Look, I really need help. I've been working on this for two hours on something that only takes two minutes.

I've "installed" (copied) all the mods from the zip into the mods folder and then replaced the XML in the config with the new one.

In case you're wondering why there is a folder called "core2", please see below the word "freeze" written with an excessive amount of letters.

Anyway, nothing happens when I start a new world and colony.

Then I notice the "mods" button on the title screen of Rimworld. Well! Whaddaya know?? They are there but they're unchecked.

Nowhere in the directions does it say to turn them all on but they don't work or do anything otherwise.

I turn them all on, exit the mods screen....frrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. All I see is the splash of the planet with the crashed ship, no buttons.

Alt+F4, restart, and black frrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

Back into the folder, move everything to "core2" temporarily and the game starts up just fine, all vanilla like.

Did I do it wrong?

Nope.

BTW, I have a fast gaming computer. She's never been bogged down by any game, no loss of FPS, no slowdowns, nothing. I assure you I left all that freezing crap for about 10 minutes.

Just to be sure, I reinserted those mods back in and clicked on a couple like the Alphalo and turrets. Sure enough, there was an Alphalo over there and I have the three new turrets EVEN ON MY --OLD-- SAVE FILE!! ....turn them ALL on...freeze.

Sorry, bro, but your Epyk pack is epically paralyzed for me.

Ykara

You are using an alpha 8 modpack for alpha 9. I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

daft73

Anytime you add new mods, you must always check them, in this Epyk pack, or any other. Also did you have run other mods before adding the Epyk pack?, if so the prior configs may cause problems. I encourage a clean install approach. When adding a large 'pack' of mods, the clean install will most likely help; the mods sometimes need some babysitting to get them to work together, and the mod author will only be sure that the files in his/her mod are in sync. Adding others, or having old save files with old mods, will improve the chance of problems. ;)

Novellum

Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 15, 2015, 12:06:44 PM
-snipped-
Why exactly do you have two core folders, you never really explained that.

CrazyJayBe

Quote from: Ykara on March 15, 2015, 12:21:45 PM
You are using an alpha 8 modpack for alpha 9. I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

Yes, I'm using Version 0.9.727. I have a friend that claims he's using the exact same version and it worked just fine for him. He's even using the same computer I have because I bought it for him.

Quote from: daft73 on March 15, 2015, 12:22:46 PM
Anytime you add new mods, you must always check them, in this Epyk pack, or any other. Also did you have run other mods before adding the Epyk pack?, if so the prior configs may cause problems. I encourage a clean install approach. When adding a large 'pack' of mods, the clean install will most likely help; the mods sometimes need some babysitting to get them to work together, and the mod author will only be sure that the files in his/her mod are in sync. Adding others, or having old save files with old mods, will improve the chance of problems. ;)

I don't know how much cleaner it could have been. I purchased and downloaded Rimworld on March 5th. My friend kept bugging me about the Epyk pack so I downloaded that and the ModConfig file. I mean, it was just too simple there's no way I could have messed it up. This isn't my first time playing with mods. I did so with Skyrim using NexusMods and I also needed it for the dreadfully broken Oblivion.

Quote from: Novellum on March 15, 2015, 12:23:43 PM
Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 15, 2015, 12:06:44 PM
-snipped-
Why exactly do you have two core folders, you never really explained that.

I did mention it in my post but it might not have been clear. I needed a temporary folder to move all the Epyk mods out in order to load Rimworld again. Leaving them in would not let the game load after I checked them all.

Does any of this make sense? I know I followed the directions exactly, even downloading a new modsconfig.xml in case the other one was corrupted.

I appreciate you folks trying to help me. This is a great game but I keep getting hammered by jerks who set up a picnic across the map and lob incendiary shells at my wooden bungalow. O! Woe is me!

daft73

So you are saying you erased the Ludeon Folder in your AppData folder. This folder holds all the secrets. If so I'm puzzled, I used a similar tactic when I used this mod set. I currently am not using it, but here is the list I am using with no problems.

CrazyJayBe

Quote from: daft73 on March 15, 2015, 12:56:33 PM
So you are saying you erased the Ludeon Folder in your AppData folder. This folder holds all the secrets. If so I'm puzzled, I used a similar tactic when I used this mod set. I currently am not using it, but here is the list I am using with no problems.

What?

I'm not saying I deleted anything. In fact, there was nothing in there as I've been using only vanilla up to this point. Well, okay, "Core" was in there and I left it alone like I was supposed to. What is this Ludeon folder? That wasn't in the instructions.

Look folks, I know I posted a lot of stuff to read but I made sure to explain my problem.

So far I've been given the "Call-Center" treatment here.

It's fine. You know what? I paid $30 for an unfinished game that requires other people to come in and mod it.

Just like Skyrim.

Just like Oblivion.

Just like Space Engineers.

Shame on me.

skellitor301

Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 15, 2015, 01:01:48 PM
Quote from: daft73 on March 15, 2015, 12:56:33 PM

What?

I'm not saying I deleted anything. In fact, there was nothing in there as I've been using only vanilla up to this point. Well, okay, "Core" was in there and I left it alone like I was supposed to. What is this Ludeon folder? That wasn't in the instructions.

Look folks, I know I posted a lot of stuff to read but I made sure to explain my problem.

It's fine. You know what? I paid $30 for an unfinished game that requires other people to come in and mod it.

Just like Skyrim.

Just like Oblivion.

Shame on me.

dude, your problem is you're using alpha 9 when the modpack is for alpha 8. It has been stated time and time again that if you use a newer version of a game, a mod will likely not work. This is a modpack that was build for the prior alpha build, and it has tons of mods in it. The chances of this modpack working for alpha 9 in it's current state are very slim if not at all

Also, mods are used in many other games that are released and are not in alpha or beta anymore. It's the nature of mods to break when the game updates, the mod depends on the game to have the same code as when the modder made the mod. Dont go blame the games that are in alpha or beta, it's still a fun game to play

daft73

That's all fine and stuff, I only mentioned it because it is important to understand how to add a mod pack, as opposed to just another mod stand-alone. I have no opinion of you or the problem at hand. I had a similar problem with this mod pack, so I gave you the instructions I used to alleviate my problem.
A 'clean install' refers to getting rid of any data associated with a program. By doing this you can get rid of scripts and such not easily found. Hopefully you can get this sorted. Good luck.

MisterLock

Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 15, 2015, 01:01:48 PM

What?

Just like Skyrim.

Just like Oblivion.

Shame on me.
You know...I do not want to seem like an ass,I really don't,but you did in fact pay for a unfinished game,it's title for updates are :Alpha X,so the first issue is adressed right there,it's a alpha and you gotta treat it as such.As for the modding experience you have?No one is forcing you to use the Epyk Pack,if you really want mods you can just mash mods into the mod folder until it breaks you do not necesarely need a pack for a modding experience,it just makes it more convenient.Skyrim wasn't unfished,altough betheda did support the modding community,same as Tynan does for this game,he relies on the modding community to add stuff that should be in the game while he develops new mechanics to put into the game.Also it's not anyone's fault that some according to you,one of your friends has a working version of Alpha 9 working with the epyk pack for alpha 8(which I seriosuly doubt).How about this?Instead of coming onto the forums and saying that you are getting "call center treatment" how about calling or talking to your friend and asking how he installed these mods so you can replicate it yourself.
To each his own.