Epyk Pack is awesome! 10/10
It's a good mod pack.
It's okay.
Meh, not my cup of tea.
I don't like this mod pack at all.
I haven't tried the Epyk Pack.

Delekhan

Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 18, 2015, 01:17:07 AM

I think I'd be a tid bit miffed if I paid a premium only for a modder (who I thank) to come in and do a LOT MORE to the game than simply come up with backstories or whatever.

Thoughts?

Yes. Get a life. No one cares that you feel entitled.

daedelus

Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 17, 2015, 11:29:02 AM
**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**

Ok, so like a huge nerd, I went through and clicked on each mod one by one, exiting the mod menu after each. I noticed that the ones that crashed took no time to do so. I weeded out the mods that crash ONLY. The rest load right into the game, even on old saves. Now, I didn't say they worked well, they just work. I get a debug list that pops up with a bunch of problems but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Have fun!

CyberneticStorm and all EDB mods from this pack are to me considered to be "core" mods. I don't like playing without them. I was able to get them all (with some other mods) to load a new game with lots of errors but no visible problems but when I save the game and load that same game, freeze...

Sadler

Quote from: CrazyJayBe on March 18, 2015, 01:17:07 AMWEEEEELLLLLL...what about all these mod-makers working for FREE?? How do all the people that paid that extra amount feel right now? People are modding for free which are then being added to new releases and such. I think I'd be a tid bit miffed if I paid a premium only for a modder (who I thank) to come in and do a LOT MORE to the game than simply come up with backstories or whatever.
Of course I as modder would like to work with unity3d and other game engines as my day job, but it's not very demanded here in Russia. I tried also to collect the donations, I got as much as 50 cents after a month. Now I'm just do what I like and don't ask any reward.

RemingtonRyder

Way off-topic. Please confine your replies to the mod itself. Thanks.

DevilKhan

Nice selection of mods, they do add a better theme towards a long game. In vanilla it does add new features, but only a few towards longevity.
I know that each mod(some several) are "written" or coded by different people and they are doing a great job. However, I can foresee that some will stop updating them.

I know Epyk said no more mods, but a few more factions would be nice if they had different "races" like Cybernets, Jaffa etc etc. I know I can just add them my self, but most people wouldn't do that anyway. One thing, even just badly drawn I'd hate them, it's not exactly an experienced artist (would help :D ), but a decent makes it a whole lot better.

I know it takes its time as the more mods you have on the list, the longer it takes for everyone to update and makes sure it works.

Delekhan

At this point it looks like Alpha 10 will come out before we see another update of this modpack.

ParadogsGamer

It's too bad. I've been delaying my next Let's Play, waiting for this update.

DevilKhan

It's just under a month since A9 came out and think it was 5-6 update patches came out in 2 weeks after that.
It's about 2-3 months before he released a new Alpha. I've not too pushed. It could be worse, he could do a weekly patch or even the Nightly build(this is an extreme starbound).

Jackie Estegado

So I hate to ask but in how many weeks will the update 9 modpack be out?

Delekhan

Well Epyk has said a couple of times now that it'll "be out today" and here we are.

I checked his profile and he hasn't logged onto here in a week. So I wouldn't expect anything soon, or perhaps even at all.

DevilKhan

Eah, It's not Eypk fault. It's actually the rest of the mods who haven't updated to A9.  Well, it's not really anyones fault as they do it for free and it's making time to code it and making sure no major bugs. Like I said, the more mods, the longer it will take. I can see why he doesn't want to take on more mods. Personally, I can't wait to have the caravans trades again heh.

There are a few who had it re-write/code it the mods with the new heat mechanics. Very few only have to bring it up to date by changing a few lines IE (A8 to A9).  I'd like to have weeks ago too, but I am tinkering with different mods and wat-not. Firefly is too lethal after a while, I have 8x M2 guns and 40 x basic guns (upgraded and all) and the last wave just swept through them as if they weren't there XD

w4lt3r

I'm pretty sure Cybernetic storm has already updated to alpha 9 and MAI as well..
It's the faction mods that haven't updated. If those could be replaced with some other faction mod, it would be alright I guess?

DevilKhan

*sigh* there are several mods updated (one of which is Cybernetic storms which was over 2 weeks ago) , BUT not all. RTFP.

Everything with a line across is still Alpha 8 and the last mod was 10th of March.

shhfiftyfive

wonder if alpha 10 will come out before we see epyk here again...