[1.0] [Sub-MOD] Prepare Carefully World Pawn Spawner

Started by Hikitsune-Red, June 13, 2018, 05:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hikitsune-Red

Hikitsune-Red's Prepare Carefully World Pawn Spawner Sub-MOD

Description:
This Sub-MOD is a simple attempt at allowing players to create pawns that can appear elsewhere in the game besides your starting colony. I went about creating it after reading a few requests over the past few months for EdB to allow the using of saved presets in the WorldPawns pool.

I'll be one-hundred-percent honest: it is not the most elegant solution. However, I did attempt to just patch the processes used by Prepare Carefully, only to find that there were several instances where removing pawns from the generation page before the game start messed up the game's starting functions. That being said, I also lack enough knowledge to create a full-blown preset loader that merely reads all the presets made into the game. So, instead...

How it works:
All you have to do is apply the included "Spawns In World" trait to whatever pawns you want to be placed in the WorldPawns pool and, shortly after game start, they will poof out of your colony, and into a random faction.

This does mean that Prepare Carefully is NOT required, as you can use the debug menu to "Give Trait..." to a pawn and the same thing will happen.

Download:
Steam: Workshop link
GitHub: Red-PrepCarePawns repo

How to install:
- Unzip the contents of the repo and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Make pawns to your heart's content.

Elias0311

wow this is needed.  ill go and build hundreds of people and add them into my game ahah

matheryn

yeah if this hits steam mods id definitely give this a go as I have a tendancy to be a bit of a control freak and would love to make some of the world pawns

Hikitsune-Red

Updated for 1.0, bug-testing may be needed (but probably not considering the in-game functions this mod relies on haven't been changed).

Grabarz

raydarken

Great idea! I always wanted this but didn't look in to it, and thought it was already possible using prepare carefully and the 'world pawns', but now that I think about it those are probably only used for faction leaders. Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying this out and I'll let you know if I come across any bugs!

Hikitsune-Red

Quote from: Grabarz on November 21, 2018, 04:37:01 PM
does it work with already made savegames ?
Technically: sure.

Practically: You may as well use the function that this mod utilizes. The Dev Tool "Pass to World." However, if you add the trait to a pawn, it'll do it all the same.

sdp0et

The link to Steam Workshop says it's been removed.  Is this intended to be in the workshop?

Azzarrel

Is this still working? Because it is something i wanted since the first release of Edb Carefully.

uhh ... I just read Prepare Carefully can do it on its own now. Thx anyway