[1.0] Floor Lights

Started by Temeez, January 07, 2015, 04:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Selway

Thank you for this grrrat mod. It's one of my must haves. 

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if I am over using this mod and therefor having it generate a lot of lag. I tend to light up every hallway and room with it to the point I have hundreds and hundreds of them. How much graphics and or processor lag do you think that would cause?  I notice that each individual light has its own connection to electricit and that each one is feintly graphically represented too. Can that crest a lot of lag?  I'm just trying to figure out if I have free reign with this mod or I have to limit myself. Thanks!

Temeez

Quote from: Selway on February 15, 2017, 07:33:17 PM
Thank you for this grrrat mod. It's one of my must haves. 

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if I am over using this mod and therefor having it generate a lot of lag. I tend to light up every hallway and room with it to the point I have hundreds and hundreds of them. How much graphics and or processor lag do you think that would cause?  I notice that each individual light has its own connection to electricit and that each one is feintly graphically represented too. Can that crest a lot of lag?  I'm just trying to figure out if I have free reign with this mod or I have to limit myself. Thanks!

Thanks.

I honestly have no idea. It could be that the game can't handle too many light sources, but that is just a guess.

Semo

Sorry for being lazy and not looking it up myself but is there an easy way to get rid of the little wires that connect from the lights to the power conduits? I rly like this mod but i always end up laying hidden power conduits underneath the lights.

Hoping for an easy def fix?

Temeez

Quote from: Semo on February 16, 2017, 02:31:21 PM
Sorry for being lazy and not looking it up myself but is there an easy way to get rid of the little wires that connect from the lights to the power conduits? I rly like this mod but i always end up laying hidden power conduits underneath the lights.

Hoping for an easy def fix?

Not to my knowledge, and until there is something like <wire>off</wire> xml setting for stuff and things, they likely won't go anywhere.

nylem

Any chance of an update to A17 or does it still work in A17?

numberland

Thanks so much for your work and for posting here! 
I've been using the old version with A17 without any trouble that I'm aware of.  I'm curious about what you needed to update?  I'll still sleep better at night knowing my mod list is without red squares...

Temeez

Quote from: numberland on August 29, 2017, 11:36:37 AM
Thanks so much for your work and for posting here! 
I've been using the old version with A17 without any trouble that I'm aware of.  I'm curious about what you needed to update?  I'll still sleep better at night knowing my mod list is without red squares...

It was just the version number in the About.xml, afaik. So you should be fine.

Belgrath

I use the Floor lights mod all the time and think its great.
Thanks for all your work Temeez, please let me know if you want this removed.

So as I'm always running the "unstable - Public testing" version of Rimworld, I decided to update this mod for myself as it was only a couple of quick changes! But then I thought why make the changes and not share with everyone.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

Temeez

Quote from: Belgrath on October 28, 2017, 06:26:05 AM
I use the Floor lights mod all the time and think its great.
Thanks for all your work Temeez, please let me know if you want this removed.

So as I'm always running the "unstable - Public testing" version of Rimworld, I decided to update this mod for myself as it was only a couple of quick changes! But then I thought why make the changes and not share with everyone.

Thanks, that's fine. When A18 comes out as stable I'll update my mods in Steam Workshop.

Canute

Basicly i don't care about the workshop, but before you get angry customer, you shouldn't update it, you should create a new entry.

Temeez

Quote from: Canute on October 31, 2017, 01:16:33 PM
Basicly i don't care about the workshop, but before you get angry customer, you shouldn't update it, you should create a new entry.
Yes that is what I have done and will keep doing.

Temeez

kaptain_kavern

There was quite a simple mod back in the old day that was getting rid of them by "just" replacing the wire texture by an empty texture. To the game they were still there but not visible, but I can't seems to find it again :-(