Heatstroke

Started by Siberianhamster, January 10, 2015, 02:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siberianhamster

So this just happened...
Near instant death from heatstoke in a 10c tundra. Surely something borked?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Shinzy

what was your colonist wearing? and do they have the trait that makes them unable to deal with heat as well?

I mean if they're boiling inside their parkas then this would be natural =P

Voqar

I bought this game months and months ago, but I've only been playing it seriously very recently.

So in my nubness, in my current game I almost toasted my colonists twice with scenarios like this...

Placed walled in geothermal power and had my freezer's cooler venting into that area, increasing the temp to 200+ F, and my colonists were passing thru that area to clean floors or make batteries or something.  Good times.  Once I remembered to do the no roof zone over it things were fine.

Failed to learn from that and walled in my second geothermal and failed to add a door so my colonist walled himself and and passed out from heat before being rescued.  :P

Previous map I was trying to build into a mountain and couldn't get the venting on my freezer correct at first.  I had this little area carved next to it to vent the cooler to that was fully enclosed and only a couple of tiles.  Temp in there was over 300F before I got it reworked.

Trial and (mostly/many a) error is fun!

So anyways - there are definitely ways to get intense heat going that don't involve outdoor temps.  :P

Mihsan

Quote from: Siberianhamster on January 10, 2015, 02:39:05 PM
So this just happened...
Near instant death from heatstoke in a 10c tundra. Surely something borked?

Whole screenshot, please? Or some more descriptions? (was it outside or inside? was there a fire? was there a thermal source nearby?)

In any case, it's either a bug or it worked as needed.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.