[Mod Idea] Trash and Recycling

Started by Igabod, January 08, 2015, 12:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igabod

I was just sitting here eating some chips and had an idea for a mod that I don't have the skill to do. So I figured I'd put it on here to maybe inspire someone else who might have the skill to pull it off.

The idea is that every time your colonists eat any prepared meal there should be some trash left behind. This trash would either need to be cleaned up and put into a trash can which can fill up and must be burned in the crematorium to dispose of it. Or it could be put into a recycling bin which could fill up and must be brought to some futuristic all-in-one recycling machine that turns all trash into super dense building blocks that are stronger than any of the other building materials but can only be used to make walls and it is only fire resistant rather than fire proof.

The only part I would be unable to do in this is making trash spawn when a pawn finishes eating a prepared meal. The rest of it would be simple for anybody who has the ability to do that first part. I hope someone is looking for an idea and can use this. The idea could easily be expanded upon to include more than just prepared meals producing trash too.

MyNameIsSpyder

Good idea! Although I think the recycled walls should be extremely flammable instead of fire resistant.

Igabod

Quote from: thehexbugofwater on January 08, 2015, 04:03:22 PM
Good idea! Although I think the recycled walls should be extremely flammable instead of fire resistant.

Their density and the fact that they are a composite of multiple materials would make them less flammable than a pure wooden wall but more flammable than a stone wall in reality.

thefinn

As long as there are bots to come along and pick it up ;)