Forbidden zone

Started by WolfgangPolska, June 20, 2014, 04:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfgangPolska

Hi. I have a lot of problem, beacuse my colonists take shortest, but not safest way to  target. They keep dying on barbed wires, or fall into pit traps. So If we can forbid resources, why we can't forbid whole areas? I think colonists shouldn't accept any tasks in the zone (even hauling unforbidden resources). What do you think about my idea?
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

Untrustedlife

barbed wires and pit traps are modded, not actual  game items.. so why would tynan worry about this?
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

WolfgangPolska

Maybe they will get further use :)

ThermalShark

Quote from: Untrustedlife on June 20, 2014, 09:08:52 AM
barbed wires and pit traps are modded, not actual  game items.. so why would tynan worry about this?

It would be good to mark a body dumping zone as forbidden so people don't see the bodies.
Also i made a shooting practice area where people shoot at stone walls while others train repairing them (on the other side), and the repairers jumped into the line of fire and got incapacitated.
But if forbidden zones get implemented, explicitly ordering a colonist to do something on it should be allowed.
What happens when Pinocchio says: "My nose will grow now"?

WolfgangPolska

Yeah, or forbid places where is high colapse risk. Ex. When you mine crazy large spaces in searching for metal

JoeysLucky22

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does anyone know if there is a mod that does something like this?

MikhailBoho

This is the first I'm seeing of this thread but I have to agree with the OP. Off the top of my head, I would love to forbid dangerous areas like an ancient ship overflowing with mechs or a raid encampment. I can't tell you how many times I have watched colonists run straight into an enemies base to haul a single packaged survival meal or a piece of wood I forgot to forbid.